Norwegian announces new bathroom design

triptolemus

No no no you posters have this all wrong and the op didn't exactly clarify correctly....

This is NOT the new cabin refurb.....

This is the new design being installed as we speak in all of the public restrooms which I also read are now going from male or female to just plain old family restrooms

Apparently ncl was getting too many complaints that it was discriminatory to have separate gender bathrooms

Sent from my iPad using Forums

no no no you posters have this all wrong and the op didn't exactly clarify correctly....

This is not the new cabin refurb.....

This is the new design being installed as we speak in all of the public restrooms which i also read are now going from male or female to just plain old family restrooms

apparently ncl was getting too many complaints that it was discriminatory to have separate gender bathrooms

sent from my ipad using forums

ha ha ha heee hee hee.

Oh, I see. OooooOkay.

So let me get this straight :D :confused: - we are going to unisex public bathroom forthwith, after drydocking - a family friendly layout ... everyone sharing these new "loos" - starting with the POA.

Now, a followup questions - what's going to happen to the stand-up urinals ? Are they gone for good ... No more wet floors since aiming should not be a problem hereon :eek:

Calling housekeeping, gotta a spill here - morning coffee splattered all over my computer keyboard ...

Oh, I see. OooooOkay.

So let me get this straight :D :confused: - we are going to unisex public bathroom forthwith, after drydocking - a family friendly layout ... everyone sharing these new "loos" - starting with the POA.

Now, a followup questions - what's going to happen to the stand-up urinals ? Are they gone for good ... No more wet floors since aiming should not be a problem hereon :eek:

Calling housekeeping, gotta a spill here - morning coffee splattered all over my computer keyboard ...

That's correct. No more urinals.

Apparently an advocacy group for short men felt they were being placed too high making it difficult for them to use. The suggestion was made that they would just add a few more elementary school sized urinals for short men to use

That was unacceptable to this short men's advocacy group as it appeared insulting to them as though their comfort didn't matter so that is why ncl adopted the new no urinal design

The see thru doors are also a result of the nudist advocacy group claiming they matter too and a private solid door toilet stall inhibited their clothes free lifestyle while on their once a year clothing optional charter

Edited by Crusin6

Sounds like a great idea! After all, they fog when they are locked and cannot be seen through.

I would seriously welcome these on ship. If I had a nickel for every time I ended up opening a stall on someone who forgot to lock the door on the Epic, I'd be cruising for free this time. This design might actually encourage people to LOCK the door.

That's correct. No more urinals.

Apparently an advocacy group for short men felt they were being placed too high making it difficult for them to use. The suggestion was made that they would just add a few more elementary school sized urinals for short men to use

That was unacceptable to this short men's advocacy group as it appeared insulting to them as though their comfort didn't matter so that is why ncl adopted the new no urinal design

The see thru doors are also a result of the nudist advocacy group claiming they matter too and a private solid door toilet stall inhibited their clothes free lifestyle while on their once a year clothing optional charter

In my flying days there was a sign in one of the small airport bathrooms, it read.

Pilots with short props, or low manifold pressure

please stand a little close to the urinal, as the pilot behind you may not be on floats

I posted this in our local Legion washroom and was accused of having poor taste.

There have been times, at theater shows, at ball games, and other places where women's bathrooms lines seem to queue out the door when I thought to myself: if there weren't any doors, a lot fewer women would dawdle.

So, if they want to replace the doors in the puny little three staller outside the theater with these on the dawn class ships, I say go ahead.

I know I would just avert my eyes and I assume most other women would too.

Plus, we would no longer have to do the look under to see what stalls were really occupied.

Oh, and not to come off all suitey or anything, but the real door on the toilet in the 2 bdrm family suite in the Star is just about like this. The toilet sits parallel to the door instead of perpendicular, but you get just about as much privacy.

Golfin55, c'mon! Don't be a party pooper! We were having fun! Join the party and find a witty remark, something skatalogical :D

With your permission, I'll pass on the party pooping, and try to use it on port days instead.