Looking for a van to take us from Cocoa Beach hotel to Freedom pier

Russ Lomas

We are staying in Cocoa Beach the night before sailing on the Freedom in 2 weeks. We can all take cabs, but there will be 16 of us. Just wondering if anybody know of a van that could take all of us in one load to the pier instead of us grabbing 4 separate cabs. I know of lots of services from MCO to Port Canaveral but am looking for a quick shuttle to the pier in the morning from our hotel, not from MCO. Paying $100 for the 5 minute ride in the hotel's shuttle seems excessive for the 16 of us.

I will post this in the Florida departures thread as well but thought past Freedom cruisers may be able to help us with this.

Edited by Russ Lomas
added another line

We are on your sailing and using Groundlink. I believe the have vehicles of all sizes including vans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked into Groundlink just now and their booking sheet only offers up to 6 people, so I do not know if they will be able to assist us. I watched the Freedom sail out today (kind of, listened to it while I was working on another screen doing cruise planning). 2 weeks from now that will be us on the ship!

I may end up keeping the van rental we are doing and then dropping everyone at the pier and running the rental back over to Alamo. Just trying to decide which way would be best for our group. May pay to have the van an extra day to drop our group at the pier since we may end up paying that much in cab fares anyways.

We are staying in Cocoa Beach the night before sailing on the Freedom in 2 weeks. We can all take cabs, but there will be 16 of us. Just wondering if anybody know of a van that could take all of us in one load to the pier instead of us grabbing 4 separate cabs. I know of lots of services from MCO to Port Canaveral but am looking for a quick shuttle to the pier in the morning from our hotel, not from MCO. Paying $100 for the 5 minute ride in the hotel's shuttle seems excessive for the 16 of us.

I will post this in the Florida departures thread as well but thought past Freedom cruisers may be able to help us with this.

I doubt very much that any van-shuttle service would be any less expensive than the 4 taxis.

I may end up keeping the van rental we are doing and then dropping everyone at the pier and running the rental back over to Alamo. Just trying to decide which way would be best for our group. May pay to have the van an extra day to drop our group at the pier since we may end up paying that much in cab fares anyways.

That will certainly be the less expensive way to go.

I would keep the van rental over night. Then you are not limited for dinner plans close to hotel and you are in control when you go to the port. This is pretty late to book any prime time with a shuttle or cab. Cabs are also in great demand the day of departure.

I would keep the van rental over night. Then you are not limited for dinner plans close to hotel and you are in control when you go to the port. This is pretty late to book any prime time with a shuttle or cab. Cabs are also in great demand the day of departure.

That's usually what we do. Use the van to drop bags and most people at the terminal in the morning. Turn the van in and take the rental agency shuttle back to the ship.

Two years ago, we used them and had a very good service. At the end of the cruise, we used them again to go to airport.

We used them about a year ago and also had very good service.

I would check with Executive VIP Transportation.

Really??? You need to update your file....unless of course you enjoy leading people astray. He said he wanted a low cost alternative to go the short distance.

Really??? You need to update your file....unless of course you enjoy leading people astray. He said he wanted a low cost alternative to go the short distance.

That's why I said "check". They have 16 people to go a short distance. Could be Michael could make them a deal that comes to less than $100.

That's why I said "check". They have 16 people to go a short distance. Could be Michael could make them a deal that comes to less than $100.

Being local, I have exhausted all alternatives to parking at the pier. The source I mentioned hands down will be the best, cost effective choice. You can thank me later.

Edited by rolloman

Being local, I have exhausted all alternatives to parking at the pier. The source I mentioned hands down will be the best, cost effective choice. You can thank me later.

Thanks, I always appreciate good info.

Being local myself, I have found having a neighbor take me works out to be the most cost effective. ;)

Being local myself, I have found having a neighbor take me works out to be the most cost effective. ;)

LoL...good one...I guess the OP could have one of us take them to the port but then again I do not have 16 person Van......

LoL...good one...I guess the OP could have one of us take them to the port but then again I do not have 16 person Van......

I think we are doing two trips to get 4 of us to Freedom on Sunday. Will probably cab back since I don't feel right about asking someone to show up at 7AM on a Sunday

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this helps, but we found a great deal on https://www.goportcanaveral.com/.

For $200 for 2 people, we were able to book a shuttle from MCO to International Palms in Cocoa Beach (beachfront, baby!) the day before our cruise, shuttle to port, AND a return shuttle to MCO once we return from the cruise.

Now, we are going in May - so I cannot attest to the experience, but for $200 total we just couldn't pass it up!

Not sure if this helps, but we found a great deal on https://www.goportcanaveral.com/.

For $200 for 2 people, we were able to book a shuttle from MCO to International Palms in Cocoa Beach (beachfront, baby!) the day before our cruise, shuttle to port, AND a return shuttle to MCO once we return from the cruise.

Now, we are going in May - so I cannot attest to the experience, but for $200 total we just couldn't pass it up!

I need to get in the shuttle business [emoji6]

Can't do groups, but I could do two in style. b24400f6a07c8d3692cdd77b7bbe8b40.jpg

Here is your beach, we are about 1000 yards north of International

f9ee30038c5cfd92775bcf365eea58a1.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk