Another Blu question

cruisin4kicks

One more Blu question... can you order bacon and sunny side up fried eggs at Blu for breakfast? I understand that Blu is supposed to be somewhat healthy and I'm sure there are healthier choices than bacon and eggs but was just wondering.

Thanks for any information you are able to provide.

Tim

Edited by cruisin4kicks

Absolutely! They aren't a health food restaurant. You'll find sauces and other things, but portions sometimes (not always) are smaller and they do seem to use less salt. What's good about a smaller venue is they can customize for you. Happily.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-blu

Go down on the right side of the page and click breakfast to see the Blu breakfast menu. Breakfast is the same menu every day. Dinner menus are different every day(up to 14 days then they repeat)

Edited by cruzzzinma

OMG, who'd of thought. Yes you can order your heart attack sunny side up.

And as the coup de grace you turn 'Blu' as the cardiac arrythmia sets in.

*** for those ready to get their knickers in a twist I ate bacon and eggs for breakfast every day on my recent land based holiday, physician heal thyself or at least proclaim thyself a heel! ***

Edited by Adidas4fun

One more Blu question... can you order bacon and sunny side up fried eggs at Blu for breakfast? I understand that Blu is supposed to be somewhat healthy and I'm sure there are healthier choices than bacon and eggs but was just wondering.

Thanks for any information you are able to provide.

Tim

Everyone has answered your question, but I have a comment! Except when cruising ;) I have a very healthy lifestyle, and do not eat any processed foods or drinks of any kind. I eat a pure paleo diet. Meat, fish, eggs, fruit, veggies, nuts and seeds. That is all. Nothing out of box, package or can. I am happy to tell you that bacon and eggs is a very healthy breakfast, low glycemic, great for diabetics and yes great for one's cholesterol.

I invite anyone to google paleo benefits and you don't have to take my word for it. So eat your bacon and eggs cooked in extra butter!! Guilt free :) (but I skip the rolls and bread, etc)

Bon appetit!!

I don't understand the healthy part of Blu. My portions always seem equal to the unhealthy MDR's and I always order a double portion of lamb chops, which I know will be excellent. BTW the soup in Blu is as salty as the MDR, too, so I do tend to skip that.

Everyone has answered your question' date=' but I have a comment! Except when cruising ;) I have a very healthy lifestyle, and do not eat any processed foods or drinks of any kind. I eat a pure paleo diet. Meat, fish, eggs, fruit, veggies, nuts and seeds. That is all. Nothing out of box, package or can. I am happy to tell you that bacon and eggs is a very healthy breakfast, low glycemic, great for diabetics and yes great for one's cholesterol.

I invite anyone to google paleo benefits and you don't have to take my word for it. So eat your bacon and eggs cooked in extra butter!! Guilt free :) (but I skip the rolls and bread, etc)

Bon appetit!![/quote']

More and more sugar/carb awareness Susan - you are quite right - !

Many are starting to see the light! Bacon and eggs is fine - just ditch the toast and the pancakes -

More and more sugar/carb awareness Susan - you are quite right - !

Many are starting to see the light! Bacon and eggs is fine - just ditch the toast and the pancakes -

Yes, thanks! I just wanted to put the OP at ease about her choice of foods. Lots of awareness these days about carbs, even with some mainstream doctors. I do cheat on my cruises though with desserts!

Bacon and eggs are not a problem. But we have always been disappointed that they do not have Eggs Benedict on the Blu menu and have expressed that to various Maitre'ds over the years. A few years ago on the Silhouette, the Blu chef agreed to make Eggs Benedict (and they were terrific)....but this was one of those "off the menu" personal items.

Hank

I start off with a croissant or danish and then order a fruit plate, Then I order scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, sausage, and it comes with fingerling potatoes, grilled mushrooms, and asparagus on the plate. There are also grilled tomatoes available. Not a bad way to start the day.

I start off with a croissant or danish and then order a fruit plate, Then I order scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, sausage, and it comes with fingerling potatoes, grilled mushrooms, and asparagus on the plate. There are also grilled tomatoes available. Not a bad way to start the day.

omg you're making me hungry! I'll be on the ship Friday! :) :) :)

Bacon and eggs are not a problem. But we have always been disappointed that they do not have Eggs Benedict on the Blu menu and have expressed that to various Maitre'ds over the years. A few years ago on the Silhouette, the Blu chef agreed to make Eggs Benedict (and they were terrific)....but this was one of those "off the menu" personal items.

Hank

My wife orders Eggs Benedict in Blu and always gets them. Never a problem.

Everyone has answered your question' date=' but I have a comment! Except when cruising ;) I have a very healthy lifestyle, and do not eat any processed foods or drinks of any kind. I eat a pure paleo diet. Meat, fish, eggs, fruit, veggies, nuts and seeds. That is all. Nothing out of box, package or can. I am happy to tell you that bacon and eggs is a very healthy breakfast, low glycemic, great for diabetics and yes great for one's cholesterol.

Bon appetit!![/quote']

We eat very close to paleo at home and will for 2 weeks in Blu in March. I am spoiled now with high energy levels and won't sacrifice the good feelings for sugar and other poor cabs

We eat very close to paleo at home and will for 2 weeks in Blu in March. I am spoiled now with high energy levels and won't sacrifice the good feelings for sugar and other poor cabs

Good for you! I started about 10 or so years ago when they called it the caveman diet. Easy to get our needs met and satisfied on a cruise!! But I confess to some cheating, and I do sacrifice the good feelings. Then I beat myself up :) And then get back to the clean lifestyle when I get home!

Have fun!!

Good for you! I started about 10 or so years ago when they called it the caveman diet. Easy to get our needs met and satisfied on a cruise!! But I confess to some cheating' date=' and I do sacrifice the good feelings. Then I beat myself up :) And then get back to the clean lifestyle when I get home!

Have fun!![/quote']

I am sure I will have a couple of cheats.. called wine/...