Top Sheet

jocaissey

I agree with others that sometimes I get too hot for a duvet and prefer to just have a sheet.

But another reason is that I read here on CC that the duvets are not washed between guests and I'm not going to have someone else's cover right on me too. Sweat soaks in and who knows what else might too!! :(

The duvet cover is laundered between guests!

I agree, there is no way they would re-use the same cover...unless one has a very lazy steward and I have never encountered that.

We never use the duvet as it is much too warm. We always ask for a top sheet and one of their lighter blankets. They generally will "sandwich" the blanket between two sheets. Your steward will make the change for you at his usual turn down time in the evening.

That's right, duvet is too hot, especially in the Caribbean.

Not really trying to be contrary but what difference does the destination make. The individual air conditioning in your cabin is adjustable so your cabin can be kept at whatever number you choose to set it on.

Not really trying to be contrary but what difference does the destination make. The individual air conditioning in your cabin is adjustable so your cabin can be kept at whatever number you choose to set it on.

Not one out of three cruises did my cabin temp remotely resemble the setting we tried for on the thermostat. It was always much warmer, even half way through the cruise, than we had it set for. And we were told nothing was wrong with it.

Might be a crazy question but I see a lot of people requesting a top sheet for bed and not sure why?

That's because Princess and many hotels are now or have been, just making the bed with a bottom sheet and a duvet. The bedspread is usually stored under the beds.(on Princess)

So if you want the duvet to act as a blanket or bedspread then one might need a top (flat sheet) to use. I know at home I use a fitted bottom sheet, a flat(top) sheet and a blanket and fold the bedspread to the bottom of the bed.

What is missing from the Princess beds unless you ask is a "top sheet"-or flat sheet.

Julie

Yes, it is, but that is a thin sheet like covering over a comforter. But it is probable that the comforter inside is not laundered between guests.

As someone brought to my attention before, neither are the pillows or mattresses. I guess at some point we must give up on the idea of 'ABSOLUTE' freedom from other people's cooties. :D

A couple of weeks ago on the Royal, I asked for a top sheet. I asked that it be left folded on the bed as my hubby likes the duvet. I like having a sheet to throw over me....with the AC on MAX. Instead of a flat sheet, I received a duvet cover! :eek: There must be a shortage of flat sheets available! ;)

Edited by San10s

The first thing I do, even before unpacking, is to spray the en-tire cabin with anti-cootie:eek: spray! So far I've never come down with other people's cooties.:D

We have always done the same. Except on our last Cruise. Received our luggage and couldn't find the Lysol Spray. We questioned each other and both agreed it was packed. About a month after the Cruise we got a message from SLC TSA advising us they removed the can of Lysol Spray. Good news is we didn't catch any cooties. Oh yea, we always request a top sheet also.

Edited by davekathy

When we meet with Stewart we hand a short list of things we want done.

On the list is a request for a top sheet

Also, we provide a picture of a Dead President. :D

We always get the top sheet and the other items accomplished.

Bob

We've been invited to three weddings in the past year. On their gift registry all three listed duvet/bottom sheet. That's also what our granddaughter took to college for her dorm room.

Wonder if the duvet/bottom sheet is now what the younger crown wants and Princess is trying to be "trendy"?

LuLu