Attaching luggage tags

mrsgthatsme

We have cruise ship plastic reusable luggage tags that have been very easy to use. Not really necessary but nice to have. We keep them in the zipper area that is on the outside of the luggage on each bag. We put them on in the hotel room the night before we sail. No worry of snow, last minute of filling out tags, etc.

I store them in the luggage when we are not on a cruise, so I always know where they are.

Do you attach your luggage tags from the cruise ship before your flight or do you bring them along? Does it confuse the airlines if that extra tag is on there or is it ok? Thanks!

We always attach the tags after the flight. I would be concerned that the tags would be ripped off.

Do you attach your luggage tags from the cruise ship before your flight or do you bring them along? Does it confuse the airlines if that extra tag is on there or is it ok? Thanks!

Put them on when you arrive at teh port. Do not put them on before flying. Doing that is an invitation to have your luggage end up in Tokyo instead of Miami.

Hope you have a great cruise.:)

When our Cruise line, Princess, came out with the idea to have us print out the luggage tags and then use a stapler to attach the tags I tried it. After stapling the folded paper I gave it a little tug and it ripped off the luggage handle.

Next I folded the tag and covered it with clear shipping tape. Then punched two holes on the end of the tag. Then I used a small locking wire tire to attach the tag to the handle.

I had to cut the wire tie to get the tag off. Been doing this ever since.

Just before turning the luggage over to the Porter on the dock I attach the tag and never had any problem with lost luggage.

Bob

Do not leave old labels on suitcases. Reason being the baggage system will not recognise the old bar code, and your bags get diverted to a different area of the baghall , not the belt that is assigned to your flight.

We only do carry on now. But in prior years we never bothered with all the palaver of luggage tags. Neither the cruise line jobs or the DIY project variety.

We arrived at the port, the porter gave us tags to fill out, and about thirty seconds later our bags were gone and we were headed to the check in desk.