Adventure or Jewel of the Seas?

Hi all!

I had my heart set on a cruise onboard Jewel of the seas in 2017, but after visiting my travel agent, I might be tempted by a different itinerary on Adventure of the seas. I know that Jewel of the seas will be going into dry dock, so she should be looking all new, but I am worried about what state Adventure of the seas is in, since it is an older ship?

Thank you for helping me decide!

Hi all!

I had my heart set on a cruise onboard Jewel of the seas in 2017, but after visiting my travel agent, I might be tempted by a different itinerary on Adventure of the seas. I know that Jewel of the seas will be going into dry dock, so she should be looking all new, but I am worried about what state Adventure of the seas is in, since it is an older ship?

Thank you for helping me decide!

Adventure will also be going into dry dock in October/November of 2016. Check out the Explorer of the Seas page on the website to get an idea of the changes.

I have never been on Jewel, but I have been on Radiance and Adventure. I like the Promenade on Adventure and the ship has a really great feel. We did a B2B last year and it was one of our favorite cruises ever. You probably can't lose on either.

Tom

We've done two different B2B Caribbean Cruises on the Adventure and a 9 night US Canada Pacific Cruise on the Jewel. We are doing a B2B Caribbean Cruise on the Jewel April 2017. We've been to all the ports the Adventure and the Jewel sail to. We choose the Jewel for our 2017 Cruise because we wanted to sail on the Jewel again. We didn't miss the Royal Promenade the Adventure has and really liked the Schooner Bar area on the Jewel. IOP both are great ships offering great itineraries.

Edited by davekathy

I'd go with the itinerary you prefer. I liked Adventure more. I like a bigger ship and the promenade. The Jewel felt more dated to me in all areas but the stateroom. I thought the Adventure was still beautiful. I'm not sure about the people who say she's not, I didn't find fault. Just got off of Adventure in December.

Edited by Siora7777

Been on Adventure and on Serenade (radiance class). I rank Serenade way ahead of Aos. Loved the solarium and daylight inside the ship. Aos has the royal promenade, which made it look and feel like a somekind of a shopping mall or something. Nice ship though, but I'd prefer Radiance class. Of course depending of the ports, but if sailing from San Juan, they'll be awesome anyway.