Questions about Liberty of the Seas

We are going on the Liberty this coming May, and while we’ve been on a Voyager and Radiance class ships, we have not been on the Freedom class ships yet. And, it’s been a few years since we’ve been on Royal.

I’ll just list my question numbered below, and thanks in advance for any answers!

1. On the Mariner of the Seas, I believe there was a large round indoor hot tub as you enter the gym/spa area (this may have been on the Radiance). Does Liberty have an indoor hot tub like this?

2. I think Sorrento’s pizza is a “free” food option. Is this a sit down restaurant or is it just a “by the slice” grab and go place? (Hoping it’s similar to the Alfredo’s restaurant Princess offers)

3. Are the main dining rooms open for lunch only on sea days or are they open for lunch every day of the cruise? Do they have a lunch salad bar like I remember the Radiance having (in the main dining room)?

4. My kids like to ice skate and I was wondering how often the ice rink is open for general skating? Is it daily or just once or twice a week?

5. I’ve read that the tickets for the ice skating shows are assigned by muster station. We have a group of 6 people in 3 different cabins scattered throughout the ship. For groups/families like ours, is there a way to try and get tickets together for the same show?

6. Why doesn’t Royal Caribbean have the “liberty dunes” mini golf course on their deck plans? Is there anything else in this area where the new mini golf is located? Not really a question, but Royal’s deck plans really stink compared to other cruise lines!

7. Anyone have an update on the new “Tidal Wave” slide? I’ve read in the latest reviews that they are having safety issues with it, but Royal isn’t mentioning anything about the fact that it hasn’t opened yet. They claim the Liberty has 5 water slides on their webpage, but really it’s only 4…so far. Strange that it's been out of dry dock for a month now and they still can’t get it working.

8. This is kind of a weird question, but has anyone recently on board noticed the quality of the basketballs at the sports court? My 70 year father loves to shoot baskets and he is very much looking forward to this (this will be his first cruise). I was thinking about bringing a good ball from home if their basketballs are in rough shape, but that would be a pain to pack and travel with.

9. I’ve never done the flowrider before. Is it fairly safe or is there a decent chance of injury with this attraction? Obviously that is a difficult question to answer, but just wondering if people are frequently getting hurt on this. I’d like to try this, along with my son (he’s 15) and my dad may even want to try it.

10. What is the On-Air Club?

11. Is coffee free at the Café Promenade? They say they have Seattle’s best brand, so I assume it’s brewed, but that probably means it is an extra fee sort of thing. If they do charge extra, is there regular buffet style coffee available in the Café for free?

12. I assume the cupcakes at the cupcake shop are not free. What is the cost for these? Seems like a strange thing for a cruise ship but maybe it’s popular? My daughter loves to bake, and she is actually looking forward to trying a cupcake there. I think they have decorating classes too…but I assume this is an extra fee too?

13. I know they have Ben and Jerry’s, but this is a “for fee” type of place. Do they have soft serve available for free in the buffet or in the pool area?

14. When we first board, I assume the buffet will be the busiest food venue (as it is it on most cruises the first day). Are there other recommended places to eat lunch on embarkation day that are less crowded? Is there a pool side hamburger/hot dog grill area? There doesn’t appear to be one on the deck plans, but there isn't a mini golf on the deck plans either :)

15. We have early fixed dining. Any tips on how to avoid crowds (like arriving early before the specified time or maybe arriving 5 minutes late after they open the doors?) Probably not a big deal either way.

16. Anyone know the surcharge price for Giovanni’s table?

17. Years ago on the Mariner, I remember a coupon book in our cabin that had a free coupon for Johnny Rockets. Do they still give Johnny Rockets coupons to past guests or are there other ways to get a discount at JR’s?

18. In Roatan, does the Liberty dock at Mahogany Bay or the other cruise dock?

Sorry for the obscure questions, but thanks again!

I forgot one more question. This one is kind of strange too, but during the main dining room dinner, will there be "characters" roaming the dining room getting pictures with people at the tables? This really annoy's my wife (they do this on Carnival). On Princess, we really like the dining rooms because they don't do that, and there isn't any sort of singing or speeches made either. I think on Royal, they still have the waiters sing and such though, but we can handle that.

Thanks!

Edited by jbobst

I forgot one more question. This one is kind of strange too, but during the main dining room dinner, will there be "characters" roaming the dining room getting pictures with people at the tables? This really annoy's my wife (they do this on Carnival). On Princess, we really like the dining rooms because they don't do that, and there isn't any sort of singing or speeches made either. I think on Royal, they still have the waiters sing and such though, but we can handle that.

Thanks!

The character roaming only happens at the character breakfast that you have to choose to book.

And dang that's a lot of other questions, but I'll answer for those I know.

We are going on the Liberty this coming May, and while we’ve been on a Voyager and Radiance class ships, we have not been on the Freedom class ships yet. And, it’s been a few years since we’ve been on Royal.

I’ll just list my question numbered below, and thanks in advance for any answers!

1. On the Mariner of the Seas, I believe there was a large round indoor hot tub as you enter the gym/spa area (this may have been on the Radiance). Does Liberty have an indoor hot tub like this?

2. I think Sorrento’s pizza is a “free” food option. Is this a sit down restaurant or is it just a “by the slice” grab and go place? (Hoping it’s similar to the Alfredo’s restaurant Princess offers)

3. Are the main dining rooms open for lunch only on sea days or are they open for lunch every day of the cruise? Do they have a lunch salad bar like I remember the Radiance having (in the main dining room)?

4. My kids like to ice skate and I was wondering how often the ice rink is open for general skating? Is it daily or just once or twice a week?

5. I’ve read that the tickets for the ice skating shows are assigned by muster station. We have a group of 6 people in 3 different cabins scattered throughout the ship. For groups/families like ours, is there a way to try and get tickets together for the same show?

6. Why doesn’t Royal Caribbean have the “liberty dunes” mini golf course on their deck plans? Is there anything else in this area where the new mini golf is located? Not really a question, but Royal’s deck plans really stink compared to other cruise lines!

7. Anyone have an update on the new “Tidal Wave” slide? I’ve read in the latest reviews that they are having safety issues with it, but Royal isn’t mentioning anything about the fact that it hasn’t opened yet. They claim the Liberty has 5 water slides on their webpage, but really it’s only 4…so far. Strange that it's been out of dry dock for a month now and they still can’t get it working.

8. This is kind of a weird question, but has anyone recently on board noticed the quality of the basketballs at the sports court? My 70 year father loves to shoot baskets and he is very much looking forward to this (this will be his first cruise). I was thinking about bringing a good ball from home if their basketballs are in rough shape, but that would be a pain to pack and travel with.

9. I’ve never done the flowrider before. Is it fairly safe or is there a decent chance of injury with this attraction? Obviously that is a difficult question to answer, but just wondering if people are frequently getting hurt on this. I’d like to try this, along with my son (he’s 15) and my dad may even want to try it.

10. What is the On-Air Club?

11. Is coffee free at the Café Promenade? They say they have Seattle’s best brand, so I assume it’s brewed, but that probably means it is an extra fee sort of thing. If they do charge extra, is there regular buffet style coffee available in the Café for free?

12. I assume the cupcakes at the cupcake shop are not free. What is the cost for these? Seems like a strange thing for a cruise ship but maybe it’s popular? My daughter loves to bake, and she is actually looking forward to trying a cupcake there. I think they have decorating classes too…but I assume this is an extra fee too?

13. I know they have Ben and Jerry’s, but this is a “for fee” type of place. Do they have soft serve available for free in the buffet or in the pool area?

14. When we first board, I assume the buffet will be the busiest food venue (as it is it on most cruises the first day). Are there other recommended places to eat lunch on embarkation day that are less crowded? Is there a pool side hamburger/hot dog grill area? There doesn’t appear to be one on the deck plans, but there isn't a mini golf on the deck plans either :)

15. We have early fixed dining. Any tips on how to avoid crowds (like arriving early before the specified time or maybe arriving 5 minutes late after they open the doors?) Probably not a big deal either way.

16. Anyone know the surcharge price for Giovanni’s table?

17. Years ago on the Mariner, I remember a coupon book in our cabin that had a free coupon for Johnny Rockets. Do they still give Johnny Rockets coupons to past guests or are there other ways to get a discount at JR’s?

Can't help with all your questions but can help with some...

Sorrento's is not a sit down restaurant and their pizza is nothing like the great pizza on Princess. It's grab a slice and go...I was disappointed.

MDR is open for lunch on sea days and they have a popular salad bar called the Tutti Salad.

I don't recall the exact frequency of open skating, but my impression is there were ample times. Not sure how to get tickets to the ice show for your group in multiple muster stations together.

Although not on the new deck plans, I believe mini-golf was moved to deck 13 forward during the recent dry dock.

The coffee at Cafe Promenade may be Seattle's Best and it is brewed and it is free. Specialty coffees, like espresso drinks, are available here too for a fee.

Cupcake cupboard does charge...I think about $2.50. The decorating classes seemed popular and they do offer one designed for kids that looked fun.

Soft serve ice cream is free and located on the pool deck.

Alternatives to the buffet are lacking on boarding day. MDR is not open and Royal has nothing like Princess' poolside grille and pizza. Buffet is particularly crowded on boarding day. Suggest you explore the ship, grab a snack at Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's. Buffet begins to clear out after rooms are opened up, usually around 1:00.

No more coupon books in your room. You will have coupons loaded onto your sea pass card based on your C&A loyalty level. A list of the available coupons will be in your room. I believe there is a Jonny Rocket's coupon but it is only for BOGO milk shakes.

Edited by dplusd

I haven't been on Liberty, yet. But I've been on Freedom a couple of times, so I can answer a lot of your questions.

1. The hot tub in the gym is a Voyager class thing. There is no indoor hot tub on the Freedom class ships. They do have the large cantilevered hot tubs, though, that Voyager ships don't.

2. It is by the slice, although there is room to sit an eat. I think you can order a whole pizza as well, but I've never done this. If you really like the $1 frozen pizzas at 7-11, you'll enjoy Sorrento’s, otherwise go in with low expectations. Generally I find it good enough, but my last cruise it was terrible.

4. There are generally quite a few ice skating sessions through the week. They can get very busy though, so get to the session early, and be prepared for very crowded ice, with a lot of people that can't skate.

9. The flow rider can cause injury. The boogie boarding is a lot safer than stand up. The first few times I did the stand up I hurt my shoulder fairly bad (just sore for months, never had it looked at). I have learned though, that you are less likely to get hurt, if you just go down when you know you are about to wipe out and try to land on your butt or back. I've wiped out a lot of boogie board and except for some very minor bruises I've never been hurt or seen anyone else hurt.

10. On air is just another bar. It has a lot of TVs and they will play sporting events in there. It is also where they do Karaoke, and they have it set up quite well for that.

12. The cupcakes are 4.95, IIRC. They never seem busy to me, but they retrofitted them on to a lot of ships, so they must do okay. The decorating is in the 15-20 range and you get to keep the cupcake, of course. The Café Promenade right across the walkway has a tony of good free desert snacks (love me some mudslide cookies).

13. They have free scoped ice cream in the MDR and free soft serve on the pool deck every day. FYI: The soft serve is frozen yogurt, but is generally pretty good. Typically they have a vanilla, chocolate and then a rotating fruit flavor.

14. No hamburger or hot dog stand type places. There is the buffet, room service, Café Promenade and Sorrento's, for free. This is one thing I really wish Royal would do better. I think the small pool side food stands on Disney.

15. Show up a couple of minutes after the doors open and you can walk right to your table. People will line up before the doors open, and there is literally zero reason to. Doors open right at the dinner time, so a 5:30 dinner time means doors open at 5:30.

17. If you are a Crown and Anchor member you will get coupons. They are "loaded" on to your cruise card, so you have to ask the waiter/cashier to use the coupon. I think they give you a printout of what the coupons are the first day. I much preferred the old book way, but if it keep fares down, it is a small thing. The couple for Johny Rockets for gold is BOGO milkshakes, IIRC. Each person in your cabin will have the same coupons.

Edited by OSUZorba

2.I think Sorrento’s pizza is a “free” food option. Is this a sit down restaurant or is it just a “by the slice” grab and go place? (Hoping it’s similar to the Alfredo’s restaurant Princess offers)

[\QUOTE]

Yes, it's free and there are a few tables at it. But you can also grab and go.

3.Are the main dining rooms open for lunch only on sea days or are they open for lunch every day of the cruise? Do they have a lunch salad bar like I remember the Radiance having (in the main dining room)?

[\QUOTE]

Only on sea days for lunch and yes they will have the Tutti salad bar.

4.My kids like to ice skate and I was wondering how often the ice rink is open for general skating? Is it daily or just once or twice a week?

5.I’ve read that the tickets for the ice skating shows are assigned by muster station. We have a group of 6 people in 3 different cabins scattered throughout the ship. For groups/families like ours, is there a way to try and get tickets together for the same show?

6.Why doesn’t Royal Caribbean have the “liberty dunes” mini golf course on their deck plans? Is there anything else in this area where the new mini golf is located? Not really a question, but Royal’s deck plans really stink compared to other cruise lines!

7.Anyone have an update on the new “Tidal Wave” slide? I’ve read in the latest reviews that they are having safety issues with it, but Royal isn’t mentioning anything about the fact that it hasn’t opened yet. They claim the Liberty has 5 water slides on their webpage, but really it’s only 4…so far. Strange that it's been out of dry dock for a month now and they still can’t get it working.

[\QUOTE]

It was a design problem. And no one's sure when it will be open. Latest rumor is they may get pads this next docking which may fix the problem. However I won't believe it until there are reports from cruisers saying it's open.

8.This is kind of a weird question, but has anyone recently on board noticed the quality of the basketballs at the sports court? My 70 year father loves to shoot baskets and he is very much looking forward to this (this will be his first cruise). I was thinking about bringing a good ball from home if their basketballs are in rough shape, but that would be a pain to pack and travel with.

9.I’ve never done the flowrider before. Is it fairly safe or is there a decent chance of injury with this attraction? Obviously that is a difficult question to answer, but just wondering if people are frequently getting hurt on this. I’d like to try this, along with my son (he’s 15) and my dad may even want to try it.

[\QUOTE]

Yes it's safe and well padded. Any activity can have an injury but I don't feel like it's likely. I'm 40 and have lived it on all cruises that have had it.

10.What is the On-Air Club?

[\QUOTE]

Karaoke

11.Is coffee free at the Café Promenade? They say they have Seattle’s best brand, so I assume it’s brewed, but that probably means it is an extra fee sort of thing. If they do charge extra, is there regular buffet style coffee available in the Café for free?

[\QUOTE]

There are both available. The regular brew is free. It's only the specialty coffees that are for fee.

12.I assume the cupcakes at the cupcake shop are not free. What is the cost for these? Seems like a strange thing for a cruise ship but maybe it’s popular? My daughter loves to bake, and she is actually looking forward to trying a cupcake there. I think they have decorating classes too…but I assume this is an extra fee too?

[\QUOTE]

Don't remember cupcake price. Yes there is a decorating class. You can book it in your cruise planner.

13.I know they have Ben and Jerry’s, but this is a “for fee” type of place. Do they have soft serve available for free in the buffet or in the pool area?

[\QUOTE]

Yes in the pool area.

14.When we first board, I assume the buffet will be the busiest food venue (as it is it on most cruises the first day). Are there other recommended places to eat lunch on embarkation day that are less crowded? Is there a pool side hamburger/hot dog grill area? There doesn’t appear to be one on the deck plans, but there isn't a mini golf on the deck plans either :)

[\QUOTE]

For embarkation lunch, your choices will be:

Buffet

Sorrento's

Promenade Cafe (little sandwiches)

Johnny Rockets (for fee)

15.We have early fixed dining. Any tips on how to avoid crowds (like arriving early before the specified time or maybe arriving 5 minutes late after they open the doors?) Probably not a big deal either way.

16.Anyone know the surcharge price for Giovanni’s table?

[\QUOTE]

You can always just start the booking process in the cruise planner to see the price.

17.Years ago on the Mariner, I remember a coupon book in our cabin that had a free coupon for Johnny Rockets. Do they still give Johnny Rockets coupons to past guests or are there other ways to get a discount at JR’s?

18.In Roatan, does the Liberty dock at Mahogany Bay or the other cruise dock?

I answered what I could. Hope it helps.

Unless I am mistaken, I do not recall the Liberty having a mini golf course. I think the Freedom class traded those out for the flow rider. Speaking of the flow rider, I hurt my neck (no, not seriously) on it. This sounds a bit silly, but just make sure to tuck your chin when you fall. I got a little whiplash from falling, which caused the neck pain. I couldn't really tilt my head to look up for about two days, so like I said, not serious but still not fun. I loved the Liberty, and I hope you do, too!

Unless I am mistaken, I do not recall the Liberty having a mini golf course. I think the Freedom class traded those out for the flow rider. Speaking of the flow rider, I hurt my neck (no, not seriously) on it. This sounds a bit silly, but just make sure to tuck your chin when you fall. I got a little whiplash from falling, which caused the neck pain. I couldn't really tilt my head to look up for about two days, so like I said, not serious but still not fun. I loved the Liberty, and I hope you do, too!

PutPut golf deck 12 forward (someone else said deck 13 forward) :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49161210&postcount=3

I'll add a few things about the flow rider. As a diamond plus member I've been on many cruises with the flow rider and it's one thing some of my kids love doing. We always get a "private" lesson which is with 8 people total as it's reasonable and gives everyone the opportunity to really improve their skills. The kids love that. Going on LIberty in late March and have 2 booked for the kids who like it. Just an idea if you really want to take your time learning it. One other thing I will mention that no one talks about. The reason why people speak of feeling hurt from it is the force of the water that hits you. I have had friends and family members get "a little hurt" from it, but nothing that lasts more than a few days. But here's one piece of HUGE advice. The water is STRONG. Ladies, do NOT wear a two piece unless the thought of flashing people doesn't bother you. I have never gone to the flow rider and not seen someone not flash. Ever. There are teenage boys who gather around just to see the occasional boob or butt that will invariably pop out. Guys, make sure you have bathing suits that fit you well. If they're loose, you're going to be flashing too so don't laugh too hard at the ladies.

The rink was open one day on this week's cruise on the Liberty, for about 3 hours. It was not mentioned that this would be the only open hours on our cruise, so we did not get to go.

Only some loungers in that area with the golf.

It still is not working, and I never saw anyone near it or working on it. I wonder if that means they have a solution and are waiting on parts or something? /pure speculation.

Sorry I don't know firsthand, but I did pass by people playing basketball pretty often, so I would assume they are OK?

The wipeouts look brutal. I watched a lot of Flowrider as entertainment. I did not SEE anyone get actually hurt (as opposed to banged up), but it certainly is possible.

There is both buffet style coffee and charge coffee. My husband said the free coffee in that venue was the worst on the ship and we joked that it was to convince you to buy.

I did the cupcake class with my daughter and it was a blast. Yes, that was an extra fee. I think $22 each? The cupcakes were in the $4-5 range, I can't remember exactly.

Yes, soft serve in the pool area. It's pretty good!

No poolside venue, which is one thing we sorely missed from Disney. The Cafe Promenade will have sandwiches and little treats. I can't remember if Sorrentos is already open when you board, but someone has probably answered that already...

PutPut golf deck 12 forward (someone else said deck 13 forward) :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49161210&postcount=3

You have to take the elevator to deck 12 and then go up the stairs to putt putt. Which I assume makes it deck 13.

To whoever said it's not there, it's totally there! We spent a few lovely mornings there, including this morning, waiting for the customs delays to sort themselves out.

Edited by Sk8ermaiden

1. On the Mariner of the Seas, I believe there was a large round indoor hot tub as you enter the gym/spa area (this may have been on the Radiance). Does Liberty have an indoor hot tub like this? no

2. I think Sorrento’s pizza is a “free” food option. Is this a sit down restaurant or is it just a “by the slice” grab and go place? (Hoping it’s similar to the Alfredo’s restaurant Princess offers) grab n go with other options like focaccia sandwiches. the deserts are awesome.

3. Are the main dining rooms open for lunch only on sea days or are they open for lunch every day of the cruise? Do they have a lunch salad bar like I remember the Radiance having (in the main dining room)? sea days only and yes there is a tutti salad bar.

4. My kids like to ice skate and I was wondering how often the ice rink is open for general skating? Is it daily or just once or twice a week? not daily. closed toe shoes and long pants are required

6. Why doesn’t Royal Caribbean have the “liberty dunes” mini golf course on their deck plans? Is there anything else in this area where the new mini golf is located? Not really a question, but Royal’s deck plans really stink compared to other cruise lines! might be gone since the refurb.

7. Anyone have an update on the new “Tidal Wave” slide? I’ve read in the latest reviews that they are having safety issues with it, but Royal isn’t mentioning anything about the fact that it hasn’t opened yet. They claim the Liberty has 5 water slides on their webpage, but really it’s only 4…so far. Strange that it's been out of dry dock for a month now and they still can’t get it working. and would you rather they open it up before it was safety tested and somebody gets hurt?! things get held up due to all sorts of reasons.

8. This is kind of a weird question, but has anyone recently on board noticed the quality of the basketballs at the sports court? My 70 year father loves to shoot baskets and he is very much looking forward to this (this will be his first cruise). I was thinking about bringing a good ball from home if their basketballs are in rough shape, but that would be a pain to pack and travel with. no better or worse than any other public gym

9. I’ve never done the flowrider before. Is it fairly safe or is there a decent chance of injury with this attraction? Obviously that is a difficult question to answer, but just wondering if people are frequently getting hurt on this. I’d like to try this, along with my son (he’s 15) and my dad may even want to try it. very high risk if you are not in good shape/an athlete. the TV shows a video that illustrates the typical experience.

10. What is the On-Air Club? small bar just outside the ice rink. also has some TVs and usually sports are being shown.

11. Is coffee free at the Café Promenade? They say they have Seattle’s best brand, so I assume it’s brewed, but that probably means it is an extra fee sort of thing. If they do charge extra, is there regular buffet style coffee available in the Café for free? the dispenser coffee is included, the starbucks at the counter is not.

12. I assume the cupcakes at the cupcake shop are not free. What is the cost for these? Seems like a strange thing for a cruise ship but maybe it’s popular? My daughter loves to bake, and she is actually looking forward to trying a cupcake there. I think they have decorating classes too…but I assume this is an extra fee too? yes there is a charge for them or the classes.

13. I know they have Ben and Jerry’s, but this is a “for fee” type of place. Do they have soft serve available for free in the buffet or in the pool area? after 11 am. usually vanilla, chocolate and starwberry

14. When we first board, I assume the buffet will be the busiest food venue (as it is it on most cruises the first day). Are there other recommended places to eat lunch on embarkation day that are less crowded? Is there a pool side hamburger/hot dog grill area? no There doesn’t appear to be one on the deck plans, but there isn't a mini golf on the deck plans either :) Sorrentos usually starts serving by noon. also at the other end of the promenade is another light venue wth sandwiches and the like.

15. We have early fixed dining. Any tips on how to avoid crowds (like arriving early before the specified time or maybe arriving 5 minutes late after they open the doors?) Probably not a big deal either way. they open the doors promptly and the line moves very fast. stop by earlier in the day to find your table. do not arrive late.

16. Anyone know the surcharge price for Giovanni’s table? $35 IIRC

17. Years ago on the Mariner, I remember a coupon book in our cabin that had a free coupon for Johnny Rockets. Do they still give Johnny Rockets coupons to past guests or are there other ways to get a discount at JR’s? your Crown and Anchor level determines that.

18. In Roatan, does the Liberty dock at Mahogany Bay or the other cruise dock? don't remember

we love LIB

Royal Caribbean docks at Coxen Hole, South West of the airport. Carnival docks at Mahogany Bay.

Rick

I thought there was a small area in Promenade Cafe where you can get a few drinks including Starbucks. Not full menus just a few. This is the area actually on the promenade with a bar.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It always amazes the amount of incorrect information that is put out there.:cool:

Half of the answers here are totally incorrect.

Yes Liberty has a mini golf deck 12 forward now.

Yes, you can order whole pizzas in Sorrentos made to your liking. Takes about 20 minutes.

Yes, you can get a few alcoholic drinks at the bar in Cafe Promenade.

The coffee is good, not great at Cafe Promenade, only in my opinion so it seems and I am pretty picky. Don't like Windjammer coffee.

Skating sessions require socks and long pants not closed toe shoes:confused: You skate in their skating boots.

Yes, you can see the ice show together by attending one of the shows, I'd go to the last one, and waiting till they open up the seating right before it starts. They take anyone after that.

As for Flowrider, I wouldn't say it was "Very high risk", just some risk, yes they require a waiver, but I did it at 60 yrs of age and the most that happened was the boogie board smacked my thumb when it hit the padded backboard along with me...it hurt a little. My hubby has ridden it numerous times, I have seen lots of wipeouts and clothing fails but no real injuries, there have probably been some minor ones like sprains and such. But it is very padded all around.

Edited by BecciBoo

No. Only Oasis class ships have a Starbucks kiosk.

All others have a "coffee shop" that serves "specialty coffees" and such.

No this is not true. We just got off the Navigator last June and there was a Starbucks on it. Got my daily fix and was so thrilled.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure about the other questions but I can talk about the coffee. I did not like the coffee they were serving in December, but I thought I heard they were switching to illy brand after dry dock? I don't think the coffee was terrible, just not to my liking. I like blonde or breakfast coffee and the free coffee served tasted like a dark roast and was much too bitter. I tried adding a little salt, which can cut the taste of bitter coffee, but still not right for me. I gave up day 2 and bought the nonalcoholic drink package and after that, specialty coffee and NAB heaven! With the royal refresh package we got specialty coffee at Sorrentos and cappuccinos in the MDR with our meals. Iced vanilla lattes were great for sitting by the pool. NABs were included as well as sodas. The NAB lime margaritas were so tart, also great next to the pool. I thought the specialty coffees were as good as most of the specialty coffee shops in my medium sized Midwest city. (Maybe not quite Starbucks or the coffee nirvana shops you Seattle and San Francisco folks are blessed with, but pretty good!). Drinking coffee as we speak! Looking forward to our next Liberty cruise January 2017 with 9 of us. And yes, will be buying the Royal Refresh package for all. Have a wonderful time!