P &o how could you

Down-Unders

I have just viewed the new colour scheme on the ARCADIA, no more yellow funnel or plain white superstructure. P&O UK had a wonderful history with Australia and Far East ports including world cruises and now I have to look at this monstrosity of a blue funnel and a union flag to be painted at the bow.

I don't want a new brand and this was the view of the majority of the passengers.

For years I wouldn't go on a cruise because I didn't like the idea of dressing up in a dinner jacket etc.

Nowadays I actually look forward to it and love to dress up.

I really do hope that P&O don't relax the formal nights. It is after all an option, not a rule. There are other areas you can dine and drink in if you don't want to show off.

Compared to some of the other cruise lines ships we have been tied up alongside ,I think the blue funnel and flag looks good.

I also like Aida ships with a cute looking lipstick theme you cannot mistake their fleet either :)

I have just viewed the new colour scheme on the ARCADIA, no more yellow funnel or plain white superstructure. P&O UK had a wonderful history with Australia and Far East ports including world cruises and now I have to look at this monstrosity of a blue funnel and a union flag to be painted at the bow.

I don't want a new brand and this was the view of the majority of the passengers.

I wish the new livery was my only concern about P&O cruises!!!;)

Must admit, the funnel is fine, but not the flag. Just looks like British Airways

Yes and there was a big outcry amongst the public when BA first changed their tailplanes from the traditional design now nobody gives it a second thought. The last thing I think about is what the ship looks like from the outside its whats on the inside that counts.

I saw Oceana, Britannia and Azura in harbour in Barbados in January. I thought that the flag design worked well on all three ships, as did the blue funnel on Azura and Britannia. The blue funnel did not however, work on Oceana. The very open nature of the funnel design made the funnel structure, quite visible when painted yellow, become almost invisible, focussing attention on the pipework within. Not a pretty sight!

The ships wouldn't pass the UK and USA inspections if the lifeboats couldn't be launched and as for Saga - they have one new-build launching in 2019 and an option on another.