Can you get your passport stamped at each country

wizdiz

Can you get your passport stamped at each country? Anyone know if this is possible?

In the caribbean generally no - but sometimes you can find the customs/immigration agent near the port area and request a stamp. I've done it several times.

In Europe we had much lower success, except places like Russia and Israel where you have to do a full immigration inspection.

It depends on your ports. If you search on the Ports of Call board there may be advice on where this can be done. We don't usually, but last year we did get stamps at Grand Cayman (there is an immigration office right by the dock) because it was our son's first time in another country. I think we will now try to get stamps from at least 1 port on each cruise for him!

OMG I never knew you could try to get stamps! I would have a full passport book by now! This is invaluable info. Next cruise I'm looking for stamps. Thanks a lot for posting.

If you're going to have stamps put in your passport, try to make sure they are "real" stamps and not tourist stamps like you get in Roatan and Belize. If you want tourist stamps for a remembrance, have them stamp a blank paper.

OMG I never knew you could try to get stamps! I would have a full passport book by now! This is invaluable info. Next cruise I'm looking for stamps. Thanks a lot for posting.

The stamps might be nice souvenirs, but a "full passport book" is a pain - do you really want to go through the hassle/cost of having send it in (to make it valid for real travel) for extra pages just because you filled it with questionable souvenirs?

The stamps might be nice souvenirs, but a "full passport book" is a pain - do you really want to go through the hassle/cost of having send it in (to make it valid for real travel) for extra pages just because you filled it with questionable souvenirs?

I guess I would like just a few stamps to show I went somewhere. Just for fun. Been to so many of the islands it would be a nice memento.

FYI, as of Jan 1, 2016 you can no longer send in your passport to get new pages added. You have to get a new passport.

You can no longer send US passports in for extra pages. When it is full you have to get a new passport.

If you're going to have stamps put in your passport, try to make sure they are "real" stamps and not tourist stamps like you get in Roatan and Belize. If you want tourist stamps for a remembrance, have them stamp a blank paper.

We got 'real' Belize stamps. There was a customs/immigration booth at the port. Looks fairly authentic to me. Caymans - St. Thomas .. not so much.

If ever you visit Israel, do NOT get a stamp in your passport. It will make entering several Arab countries difficult if not impossible (the Israelis are wise to this BTW). They stamped a separate piece of paper for us. This may well apply for certain other country combinations as well.

Edited by SteveH2508

Actually the US will no longer add pages to a passport. If you run out of pages you have to purchase a new passport altogether.

If ever you visit Israel, do NOT get a stamp in your passport. It will make entering several Arab countries difficult if not impossible (the Israelis are wise to this BTW). They stamped a separate piece of paper for us. This may well apply for certain other country combinations as well.

We got stamps because our passports were expiring that year. When we asked the immigration agent to stamp them, she was like ...are you sure???

And while we have visited several Muslim (not 'Arab') countries in the past, the likelihood of doing so in the future is ... low. Maldives might be an exception though.

must...get...stamp...im not much of a traveler so it would be cool if they would stamp while we are in bermuda
As far as I know there is no one stamping passports at the Dockyard, you have to go the Customs House either in Hamilton or St. George. So you'll need to plan for that during your sightseeing.

FYI, as of Jan 1, 2016 you can no longer send in your passport to get new pages added. You have to get a new passport.

Thanks -this REALLY makes getting unnecessary stamps a bad idea -- unless, of course, the holder is pretty certain of not using it much for regular travel.

Port stays are usually short enough without burning up time hunting for someone with a stamp pad and what may turn out to be just a postmark.

Sure, running out of pages is a hassle for frequent travelers. But getting to the end of your passport's validity with mostly blank pages is also kind of sad.

Port stays are usually short enough without burning up time hunting for someone with a stamp pad and what may turn out to be just a postmark.

I agree it needs to be a real passport stamp, but otherwise I don't think it's any worse than most other souvenirs that people habitually spend their port time shopping for.

It's not necessarily that hard to find someone to give you your entry stamp. The real challenge is getting the exit stamp… :)