Allure Diamond Lounge

Does anybody have pictures of the "new" diamond lounge on Allure? I know its not necessarily new anymore, but I'm talking about the one that overlooks the boardwalk, not the old one that had the balcony over the promenade. Thanks!

I haven't been in the "new" Allure DL, but the "new" Oasis DL has LOTS more furniture than it had when it was the CL. Chairs are really packed in, and movement is pretty difficult - but the other option of fewer chairs would be worse, so don't take my comment too negatively.

Thom

• 7 months later...

I am not familiar with cruise critic. It seems difficult to post on their site. So forgive me if this offends anyone. We are diamond plus status and on ALL royal ships we have ALWAYS had Concierge entrance. We just found out NO longer. Only on radiance and adventure class ships. we are to use the Diamond lounge as of 30 days ago. This is RCCL new policy. Downgrading diamond plus status. I hope others will pass this on. We are boarding Anthem of the Sea on October 20 and. fully expected Concierge admission. Very disappointed it has been taken away.

Are you sure it's still available on Radiance and Adventure class ships? I thought it had been taken away on the entire fleet. Because we were in a jr. suite and are diamond plus, we made a try (very politely and professing ignorance) on the Allure----no!

I am not familiar with cruise critic. It seems difficult to post on their site. So forgive me if this offends anyone. We are diamond plus status and on ALL royal ships we have ALWAYS had Concierge entrance. We just found out NO longer. Only on radiance and adventure class ships. we are to use the Diamond lounge as of 30 days ago. This is RCCL new policy. Downgrading diamond plus status. I hope others will pass this on. We are boarding Anthem of the Sea on October 20 and. fully expected Concierge admission. Very disappointed it has been taken away.

On some ships, instead of a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge, there is now a Diamond Lounge and a Suite Lounge.

In order to be allowed into the Suite Lounge, you must be either in a full suite (GS or above) or be Pinnacle.

Diamond and Diamond Plus C&A members have the Diamond Lounge. Same privileges, same drinks, same hours, same hors d'oeuvres.

The ships that have the new Suite Lounge, so far, are: Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Liberty.

All of the other ships, as of this writing, still have a Concierge Lounge that still admits D+.

I heard this week that someone reported that Grandeur was not letting D+ into the Concierge Lounge, but it was not like that in September, so I can't verify that.

Are you sure? D+ have been able to access all the Concierge Lounges. It is a designated Suite Lounge that D+ do not get access to. That is only the Oasis class and Liberty to this date. I have seen numberous posts of D+ accessing the Concierge Lounge on Anthem. Unless the name has been changed, or the rule has been changed today, you will have access.

I'm D+, and as far as I know D+ still have access to all Concierge Lounges that still exist as well as access to Diamond Lounges (or Diamond Club - name seems to vary from ship to ship). What RCI has done on more and more ships is have Suite Lounges which are NOT open to D+ unless you are in a GS or above. On Oasis & Allure this SL is an entirely new lounge in the Viking Crown; this change was made on Oasis TWO YEARS AGO during drydock. On some ships I think they merely changed the name of the CL to SL. On other ships there has yet to be any change. While this is some downgrading, personally I just go with the flow and enjoy the benefits.

I spoke directly to crown and anchor society who responded that only on radiance and adventure class ships will concierge access be granted. But this may change as they retrograde ships with suite lounges. Probably being saturated with too many D+ members. r

RCCL quietly made this change approximately 30 days ago.

Edited by liws4u

I spoke directly to crown and anchor society who responded that only on radiance and adventure class ships will concierge access be granted. But this may change as they retrograde ships with suite lounges. Probably being saturated with too many D+ members. r

RCCL quietly made this change approximately 30 days ago.

Sorry, I believe you misunderstood something. There is a thread that Adventure (the ship) will be getting a SL up on 14 next to the DL during her current drydock. no word on what is to become of the old CL. Maybe a card room