Does anyone recommed the Golden Princess?????

portcbob

I sailed on the Golden for 10 days out of San Francisco to Mexico in 2007 and really enjoyed it. I had previously been on her sister ship, the Star five years earlier. Loved both ships! Will be on their older sister, Grand next year.

We've been on Golden, Star and Grand and have loved each one.

No complaints.

No experience with the itinerary but you will love the ship

cr8tivi1, I think that the post maybe was a post made in jest, like, "don't give away the secret!" ....."Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Say no more! Say..no..more!" (Attribute to Monty Python and the Flying Circus).

Just sayin'. :cool:

Its a joke........

Thank you for all of your concerns. NavyVeteran and I go back a long way. I apologize if I offended anyone. NavyVeteran understands my sense of humor. We have compared notes and have fought over the same cabins. You really don't get to know someone well unless you become neighbors on a cruise ship.

Edited by cr8tiv1

Thank you for all of your concerns. NavyVeteran and I go back a long way. I apologize if I offended anyone. NavyVeteran understands my sense of humor. We have compared notes and have fought over the same cabins. You really don't get to know someone well unless you become neighbors on a cruise ship.

No offense taken. You are right about humor. :rolleyes:

Take a look at the Golden yourself great video of the ship

We have been on her many times and love it, getting around her has a easy flow. The staff when in the states was always great, Im sure she has carried this over to. Cruising is what you make of it you can always find dings and stains no matter where you go and an occasional grouchy passenger.

We just go to enjoy ourselves and feel bad for those who do not relax and let go.

Golden Video:

THANK YOU! Newbie cruiser here, with a LONG history of travel sickness as a kid. Relieved to hear the Golden handles big seas well, hopefully Bass Strait won't be TOO bad! I am bringing anti-nausea medication with me-not taking chances with my travel history!:D

Fortunately we're both good sailors but I always chose our cabin using the middle of the middle formula. Mid deck in mid ship. Baja or Caribe, mid ship, or close to the middle in the mid forward or mid aft sections. Don't worry too much. Relax and enjoy.

Take a look at the Golden yourself great video of the ship

Golden Video:

Thanks for that link. It's given me a much better concept of various parts of teh ship than the deck plans.

Now I'm getting really excited about our upcoming cruise on her. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for that link. It's given me a much better concept of various parts of teh ship than the deck plans.

Now I'm getting really excited about our upcoming cruise on her. :D

We Will be on your golden cruise look forward to meeting you.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at a sailing on the Golden in 2017. Sailings are both RT Melbourne. I'm familiar with Princess, but have been told that sometimes things change when they sail in the southern hemisphere. Is Anytime dining available? Is on-board currency US or AUS? Anything else? Thanks.

Looking at a sailing on the Golden in 2017. Sailings are both RT Melbourne. I'm familiar with Princess, but have been told that sometimes things change when they sail in the southern hemisphere. Is Anytime dining available? Is on-board currency US or AUS? Anything else? Thanks.

Soory.

To your questions.

Yep ATD available, only changes in Japan I believe.

Currency will be Aus$.

Depending on where you booked may be no daily grats added to your account.

The Golden Princess is a wonderful ship.

DH and I have been on her twice. First time ever with Princess for a 14 day cruise to Hawaii from LA. It was a wonderful cruise even with a bit of active ocean waves heading towards Hawaii however it never was so bad as to get seasick. This ship / cruise is what got us to decide to make Princess our go to cruise company.:)

The second time was on our last cruise to Alaska. There was one day that was pretty rough coming back but she did quite well. We absolutely loved that cruise and will do it again.

My personal favorite places to be on the Golden is in the Piazza next to the wonderful International Café. I love to watch people with a good cup of coffee & donut. The second place is in the covered pool area on the upper level with a book to read. When my eyes get tired, I look up and watch the people around the pool.

I hope you enjoy your cruise!!