Giovanni's Table on the Navigator

We've tried it and found it enjoyable.

The appetizers and pastas are served family style, but the entrees are individual.

Thanks. Understand about the entrees, however, do they serve ALL the different appetizers and pastas to the individual tables or just certain ones that are ordered? How many people sit at one table?

Thanks. Understand about the entrees, however, do they serve ALL the different appetizers and pastas to the individual tables or just certain ones that are ordered? How many people sit at one table?

They serve any of the appetizers and pastas you order, and there is no limit on how many appetizers and pastas you can order. I don't know of a specific limit to table size, but I've seen them make up tables of 10.

They serve any of the appetizers and pastas you order, and there is no limit on how many appetizers and pastas you can order. I don't know of a specific limit to table size, but I've seen them make up tables of 10.

Thanks for clarifying.

How large are the servings?

How large are the servings?

Our experience is that they vary the serving size based on how many are at the table. They will bring multiple plates of an appetizer or pasta if needed or requested.

Edited by clarea

I thought Giovanni's was by far the best specialty restaurant we ever tried on RCCL, food was amazing, had dinner and lunch there a couple of times, lunch is a super bargain was almost same menu as dinner ( was only open on sea days for lunch) , service was also excellent, we are hoping it is as good on the Liberty next month

We just cruised in January and for our group of 6 adults, Giovanni's was the best meal of the trip. Portions are quite big. Everything was delicious. The gnocchi were awesome.

On our menu they had a very tasty looking lamb chop entree on the menu. One thing we did that I recommend is to ask to have the lamb chops served as an appetizer. They were wonderful.

Enjoy.

(PS.....we weren't big fans of Chops. The meals in the MDR were just as good...or better.)

whatever you order is served and you MIGHT get an extra one that the wait staff wants you to try or if you mention in passing that you cannot decide if you want it. your table will hold your party and no one else, up to ten.

Also, though it is family style, you will only sit with your party. Two people at tables for two, etc.

I realize ships are different, but on the Allure last month they served all of our food family style....including entrees. There was a big group of us - 8 or 10....so that may have had something to do with it. There was SOOOO much food. There was no way to eat it all. It was really really good. Best meal we had on the cruise, without a doubt.

We are just off Navigator and loved Giovannis. On the first sea day they had a pasta making class. It was fun. We made 3 pastas (which they threw away, health reasons). Then they served us 3 pastas while the chef demonstrated sauces. They served wine and constantly filled the glasses.

The class was $20 and if you make a dinner reservation and tell them you were at the class you get 20% off the dinner ($20 instead of $25).

Great fun and well worth it.

Giovannis is the best meal onboard. The gnocchi were great and DH loves the osso buco. I had the filet and it was not quite as good as Chops, but still good. I always wonder why they serve the steak with steak fries that look like the frozen ones I buy at home. Couldn't they come up with something a little better?

I thought Giovanni's was by far the best specialty restaurant we ever tried on RCCL, food was amazing, had dinner and lunch there a couple of times, lunch is a super bargain was almost same menu as dinner ( was only open on sea days for lunch) , service was also excellent, we are hoping it is as good on the Liberty next month

We could not agree more. After doing Chops once and having a decent meal with indifferent service, my husband was hesitant to try another specialty, ie upcharge, restaurant. We tried Giovannis on the Navigator at my insistence. The food was marvelous, the service impeccable, the wine selection great and the atmosphere elegant. My husband enjoyed his steak far more than the one in Chops. What is one of the things my husband wants to do next time? Eat at Giovanni' s!