Just off the Oasis of the Seas

Just off the Oasis of the Seas (EC, March 5-12). Since I gleaned so much great info from Cruise Critic while planning my first cruise, I thought I would offer to answer any questions if anyone has any. Just a few notes:

The food and service was INCREDIBLE. We ate well and were treated like kings. The staff were extremely friendly and efficient.

I did find that it seemed crowded at times. My favorite area was the Solarium, but you had to go early ... the round papasan chairs were all spoken for with towels between 6:30 & 7:00 every day! I managed to grab one ONCE ... but had to leave it at 7:30. :( I can't justify leaving a towel on a chair if I'm not coming right back. The ship has signs everywhere saying you shouldn't do this, but it isn't enforced. I know - I was watching! Many chairs empty with towels on them all day.

The gym was PACKED in the morning, but the track on deck 5 was not crowded, so walking the track and stairs became my morning routine.

Ports: we bought "Resort for a Day" passes at the British Colonial Hilton" in Nassau - highly recommended. In St. Thomas, we hired a local charter van (F. E. Lewis) to take us to Coral World and a short tour of the Island - highly recommended. In St. Martin, our RC excursion (Beach Break to Orient beach) was cancelled due to protests. We returned to the ship early - and it was quiet onboard and very relaxing, as not a lot of people on the ship!

The shows were AMAZING. All, except, well, I REALLY tried to like "Cats," but it was long and confusing. The actors/dancers and costumes & set were brilliant though. My teenage daughters loved the show so much that they saw it twice! "Come Fly with Me" and "AquaQuest" were highlights. Incredibly talented people.

Sorry, but I didn't save any of the Cruise Compasses.

The 10-drink punch card WAS available on Day 4, and we did buy one. We visited the Schooner Bar (for Trivia, my favorite) and Rising Tide bar, as well as the Solarium Bar.

We ate in the Main Dining Room, Windjammer, Park Cafe, Johnny Rockets, Wipeout, and the Solarium. Staff in the Windjammer and MDR were unbelievably efficient and friendly. As I mentioned, the food was delicious and plentiful. I can't imagine how anyone could complain about the food.

I did take two bottles of wine onboard with me, as well as two six-packs of sparkling water - no issues with that at all.

We didn't eat at any of the specialty restaurants. We tried Sabor one day, but it was going to be too much of a wait.

All in all, a great first cruising experience.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Thank-you for the report.

Do you recall how much they charged for the 10-drink card?

My receipt is at home, but I believe it was $93 total, including 18% gratuity. You are able to choose any drink under $12.

My receipt is at home, but I believe it was $93 total, including 18% gratuity. You are able to choose any drink under $12.

Thanks, that was a bit more than on Vision last week, but not much.

Can two people share the drink punch card. DH would have maybe two drinks the whole cruise (diabetic), and I would be happy with five or six. Problem is, if it's prepaid we don't worry about it, but forking over $10 plus 18% is enough for me to say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can two people share the drink punch card. DH would have maybe two drinks the whole cruise (diabetic), and I would be happy with five or six. Problem is, if it's prepaid we don't worry about it, but forking over $10 plus 18% is enough for me to say no.

Our experience is that the drink punch cards can eb shared with anyone.

We were also on the same cruise as part two of a back2back.

Thank you for posting the review. We feel the same way about the Oasis and had a fantastic cruise.

From the perspective on a "gold card" holder (Pinnacle and/or Grand Suite or above) I would like to add that Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge and Bar greatly enhanced our experience. We never ate in the Main Dining Room or entered the Windjammer because of the offerings in Coastal Kitchen. The service and quality of food there was amazing.

I would sum up the CREW this way: they provided a "small ship" experience while serving on a mega ship. The officers and crew were excellent and were friendly and professional. Capt. Per was out and about and accessible for questions and photos.

Hi! Thanks for taking questions... did you notice there was a balloon animal twisters or face painters on the boardwalk during your sailing? It's been mentioned here that might stop after the 1st of March.

I am also fresh off of another wonderful Oasis cruise and I can tell you that the face painters and balloon twisters were alive and well! I hope this little perk doesn't stop! It was such a small measure that seemed to make SO many kids (and parents) happy! It made me want to bring my grandkids along next time to join the fun! :D

I am also fresh off of another wonderful Oasis cruise and I can tell you that the face painters and balloon twisters were alive and well! I hope this little perk doesn't stop! It was such a small measure that seemed to make SO many kids (and parents) happy! It made me want to bring my grandkids along next time to join the fun! :D

That's good news. [emoji106]

My DD will be happy to see them on the boards next month. She would remember them being there and disappointed if they had been discontinued.

Thanks!

Ports: we bought "Resort for a Day" passes at the British Colonial Hilton" in Nassau - highly recommended.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks for your thoughts on Oasis. Will be on her late April.

Question did you book the 'Resort for a Day' before you arrived? I am concerned about booking it and then to have less than ideal weather.

Wondering if they take 'walk ins' the day of.

I have looked at this option in Nassau for some time and would like to try it.

What time did you arrive and depart the British Colonial Hilton since Nassau is a short stop?