Changing cabins after 1 portion of cruise

soccergang

We are currently booked on a cruise next year. We thought we might like to add another cruise on the same ship before our original one. When I check the available cabins, the one next to "ours" is available. How does that work? Do you just move all of your belongings the day of embarkation? I called and asked the Princess rep if there is a way to mark it on the system that we would prefer the same cabin, if the folks on the previous cruise decide not to go. She said "no". Any thoughts would be appreciated.

We are currently booked on a cruise next year. We thought we might like to add another cruise on the same ship before our original one. When I check the available cabins, the one next to "ours" is available. How does that work? Do you just move all of your belongings the day of embarkation? I called and asked the Princess rep if there is a way to mark it on the system that we would prefer the same cabin, if the folks on the previous cruise decide not to go. She said "no". Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Yes, you just move your stuff, and your cabin steward will help you with that.

Edited by chrysalis

It's actually quite easy. You pack up your things and the cabin steward will see that your things get moved. The only pain is that you have to pack up. But since you're only moving within the ship you can fill bags/boxes to be moved. Some ships might even have racks so you don't have to take your clothes off the hangers. Either way it is relatively easy and painless.

You will only have to pack up the drawer things. Everything on hangers is transported to the new cabin on the hangers. Your steward will keep you right on what happens. Don`t forget the stuff in your safe.

We've done this a couple of times (once to the cabin next door, another time to one on another deck). Leave your clothes on their hangers, and pack up toiletries and everything in the drawers or on shelves. Don't forget the stuff in your safe. Leave your suitcases (full or empty) sitting out to be transferred (lock any that have stuff in them). When your new cabin is ready, a helper will show up with a hotel cart, place your luggage on it and hang your clothes up and move everything to the new cabin.

Since you are moving to the cabin next door your steward may have an idea of when the cabin will be ready (it helps if the former occupants have left early). I know that was our experience, he told us everything would be ready by 9 am so we went to the MDR breakfast before it closed at 8:30 and when we returned the transfer had been completed. Timing can be more difficult if you are moving to another part of the ship because it requires more coordination - I think it was around 10 am before our cabin was ready in that case.

Moving next door is a snap and better than moving elsewhere, even down the hall. Most likely your cabin steward will be the same one.

You just shove everything from the drawers, including shoes etc. into your suitcase(s)... all except the clothes on the hangers. (Don't forget the mini fridge and safe.)

Whether or not you are there to move the stuff along with the cabin steward, you will have clothes hanging in the closet, and you just empty the suitcase putting everything back exactly where it was in the other room... it is even quicker than you do it the first day aboard.

Bill

I don't know how viable this is, but when we booked a B2B a couple of years ago, we were assigned two different rooms when we boarded. I spoke politely to Guest Services and asked if it would be possible to stay in our room. At very nearly the end of the first cruise, Guest Services left us a note that we could keep our room. I'm sure it depends upon a lot of factors. But don't give up hope.

Askin' ain't gettin', but not askin' is definitely not gettin'.

Thank you to everyone for the responses. We haven't done a B2B before. A couple years ago we did a cruise to Norway on the Ruby. There were many people that did a B2B doing the British Isles afterwards. (the airfare to London was so high, they wanted to take advantage of being there) We couldn't do it then, but are trying to do something similar, as my husband will retire. I appreciate the help.