Getting off early in Victoria

jeep1

Question thinking 4 day cruise from la to Vancouver. Could we get off in Victoria and take the clipper home ( we live in Seattle) thanks in advance:)

You must receive permission in advance from Princess to disembark early. You will most likely pay the full fare to Vancouver.

Several passengers on the cruise before ours on the Star Princess were very disappointed they weren't allowed off in Victoria. The ship wasn't able to dock due to high winds, but did make it close enough for a medical evacuation. The passengers who were the most upset had been scheduled to disembark a day early to attend a wedding in Victoria.

Several passengers on the cruise before ours on the Star Princess were very disappointed they weren't allowed off in Victoria. The ship wasn't able to dock due to high winds, but did make it close enough for a medical evacuation. The passengers who were the most upset had been scheduled to disembark a day early to attend a wedding in Victoria.

Poor choice by the wedding bound passengers. There are enough reports of cancellation of Victoria to make it a serious risk when you need

to be somewhere.

As mentioned you will need to coordinate this with Princess before you board from home.

Keith

We did this exact same thing a year or two ago - as we were leaving with our luggage we were stopped at the gangway and could not leave until it was verified we had permission and our account was paid in full.

I have long wanted to get off a cruise in Victoria, stay over a couple of days, and then continue onward, on another cruise, from Victoria.

Maybe this would take two backup plans?

It still sounds like fun, but I guess I would have to pack light, so as not to have lots of baggage to lug. I guess it would also require great flexibility, for travel, as part of the backup plans.

A guy can dream, right?

If I stayed over, I would want to spend extended time at Butchart Gardens, and also go whale watching, at least once.

Too much fun!

I have long wanted to get off a cruise in Victoria' date=' stay over a couple of days, and then continue onward, on another cruise, from Victoria.

Maybe this would take two backup plans?

It still sounds like fun, but I guess I would have to pack light, so as not to have lots of baggage to lug. I guess it would also require great flexibility, for travel, as part of the backup plans.

A guy can dream, right?

If I stayed over, I would want to spend extended time at Butchart Gardens, and also go whale watching, at least once.

Too much fun![/quote']

Victoria is a pretty nice place to visit. On one of our cruises out of Vancouver we flew in to Seattle, rented a car, took the Black Ball ferry over to Victoria, stayed a few days and took the BC ferry over to Tsawwassen. The latter is a spectacular scenic cruise between islands and well worth doing. Dropped car off in Vancouver and stayed there a couple of days.

Question thinking 4 day cruise from la to Vancouver. Could we get off in Victoria and take the clipper home ( we live in Seattle) thanks in advance:)

How do you think the owners of the Clipper will react if you take it home?

Victoria is a pretty nice place to visit. On one of our cruises out of Vancouver we flew in to Seattle, rented a car, took the Black Ball ferry over to Victoria, stayed a few days and took the BC ferry over to Tsawwassen. The latter is a spectacular scenic cruise between islands and well worth doing. Dropped car off in Vancouver and stayed there a couple of days.

Great ideas! Food for thought!

Thanks so much:)