B2b question

cruiselvr1

We added a b2b on the CB, but we're not able to get the same cabin. Since we need to move, how do we get our luggage to the new cabin? We are experience cruisers, but have never done a b2b.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They will give priority to getting the room you will be moving to ready for you and the crew will move your luggage over to the new room.

Keith

They will move your clothes already on the hangers and your cases. You need only pack up the other stuff, including shoes, into your suitcases; then when you are in the new room, you just put back all the stuff in the same place that it was in the other room. Don't forget to pack the stuff that might be in the bathroom, drawers, safe and fridge. You already know where everything was, so it is even quicker setting up the new room than the first room originally.

Bill

As others have said the moving process is really easy and quick, we have done several B2B, the cabin stewards do most of the work.

If before boarding you either have different cabins or you haven't be allocated your second cruise, on your second day pop along to pax services and request you remain in your current cabin. We have done this several times with success, as the ship gets the manifest from HQ 4 days out.

Good luck

We've never done a B2B but this is useful info in case we ever do! Thank you for sharing!

I prefer longer cruises, so I might start booking back to backs. I am SUPER lazy, and hate packing, so knowing they move stuff for you will help ease me into a B2B (and convince DH to try one as well!)

Thanks!

We've never done a B2B but this is useful info in case we ever do! Thank you for sharing!

I prefer longer cruises, so I might start booking back to backs. I am SUPER lazy, and hate packing, so knowing they move stuff for you will help ease me into a B2B (and convince DH to try one as well!)

Thanks!

We just did b2b2b on the Ruby and had three cabins. As others have said, just put the stuff from the shelves, drawers, bathroom and shoes in your suitcases. There are people assigned to move things from one cabin to another. The first time there was a delay because the departing passengers did not leave the cabin until almost 9:30. The second time, the cabin was empty early, but not ready. Our cabin stewardess let us put our valuables in the safe, so we could maximize our time in port. When we returned to the ship, the rest of our things were in the new cabin. Could not have been easier.

It is easy and nothing to worry about. The night before, you will receive a letter with insturctions, your new cruise cards and an intransit card.

Enjoy your cruises.

They will move your clothes already on the hangers and your cases. You need only pack up the other stuff, including shoes, into your suitcases; then when you are in the new room, you just put back all the stuff in the same place that it was in the other room. Don't forget to pack the stuff that might be in the bathroom, drawers, safe and fridge. You already know where everything was, so it is even quicker setting up the new room than the first room originally.

Bill

My friend did this and you are right. It only took about 15 mins. He had everything ready to go when the cabin steward came to move him.

Tony

If you want to get access to come & go at your new cabin location prior to re boarding from immigration check you'll have to get a special entry card from the passengers service desk since your new cards won't yet open the door.

On our Ruby cruise that ended 3/10, we did not have to get a special entry card. Once we'd put pur valuables in the safe in the new cabin, we closed the door and then opened it with our new cruise cards. This reset the lock and erased the previous occuppants info. All this was before 9 am while disembarkation was underway. We then left the ship for a full day on shore. When returned that afternon, evertthng was in our new cabin and our cards worked in the lock.

Wow what great help. My last question, we are familiar with SFO, and San Pedro, not FLL. Do we need to go through Customs?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes all ports in the US require it.

Wow what great help. My last question, we are familiar with SFO, and San Pedro, not FLL. Do we need to go through Customs?

You have to go through immigration.

If you plan on touring that day, you can exit the ship anytime after disembarkation has started. You will need to take your passport, old cruise card and new cruise card with you as well as the "in-transit" card you will be given. That latter card lets customs know your cruise has not ended and thus should not have to hand in a customs form.

If you do not plan to tour or if you are still on the ship by around 10 AM, you and the other B2B passengers not off the ship will meet in a designated place and as a group go through immigration. Most of the time this means leaving the ship and returning once 100% of the passengers have left the ship ("zeroing the passenger count"). Some times immigration personnel will come onto the ship and do that work onboard.

A letter explaining all the procedures will be sent to your cabin a day or two before turnaround day.

By the way, your onboard account balance should be transferred to the 2nd segment. You may want to check with the Purser's desk during the first segment to confirm they will do this.

On our Ruby cruise that ended 3/10, we did not have to get a special entry card. Once we'd put pur valuables in the safe in the new cabin, we closed the door and then opened it with our new cruise cards. This reset the lock and erased the previous occuppants info. All this was before 9 am while disembarkation was underway. We then left the ship for a full day on shore. When returned that afternon, evertthng was in our new cabin and our cards worked in the lock.

It sounds as thought the Ruby has it arranged differently than the Royal or Emerald. On the Royal they couldn't even give me a temp card to open the new cabin door, while on the Emerald they could give me a temp (blue) card to work the door. We couldn't get back in the cabin on the Royal without finding the cabin steward to open it. I suppose they assume people don't normally move to a new cabin & then leave to go somewhere before imaginations walk-through.

You don't have to do Customs on turnaround day UNLESS you will be going ashore and will carry off something purchased outside the US that will not brought back on the ship that day ..... such as a gift for someone else that you will be giving to them before you re-board the ship, or an item to take home that you will be putting in your car parked at/near the port.

Otherwise you only have to go thru immigration.

You don't have to do Customs on turnaround day UNLESS you will be going ashore and will carry off something purchased outside the US that will not brought back on the ship that day ..... such as a gift for someone else that you will be giving to them before you re-board the ship, or an item to take home that you will be putting in your car parked at/near the port.

I usually get off on my own during a B2B to jettison items & liquor in my car not needed on the next leg. The only thing I do is fill out a customs card with any dollar amount filled in & turn it in to the officer at the desk. I'm assuming that is both a customs & immigration stop all in one. I've never noticed any individual customs check.

For the first time on our b2b2b on Ruby, we had to fill out a customs form and turn it in at the end of each segment. I even checked with the front desk to make sure we had not received the form by mistake at the end of the first cruise. I guess it could depend on the ship or the port whether you have to turn one in between cruises.

We had to hand in an immigration form on turnaround day on the Royal Princess in Fort Lauderdale a couple of weeks ago

It appears that they make Princess hand out the forms on all the B2B cruises lately but only collect them on a random basis. Why? Who knows....maybe it to keep people off guard.

I turned one in when leaving the ship & indicated that there was another person travelling with me. (she was on the ship at the time)

When she when through with the immigration crowd they made her fill out another one. The second B2B- same scenario except they didn't want her card on that go around.

There doesn't seem too be any rhyme or reason to their logic but if they want one card for each person leaving the ship, we'll fill out as many as they like.