empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

what about your flights?

Lucky for us we were driving. We live in SC and it is about an 8-10 hour drive.

We actually just booked on the NCL Getaway (Which is what I wanted to do the first time around). We paid a little more to get a balcony but lucky us we had a future credit voucher and I am redeeming some points off my credit card. We now leave on Easter Sunday. We got the Unlimited beverage package which I will need after all this and all those kids on board! We will drive down on Saturday.

The only disappointment was the other family going with us couldn't afford to pay extra so they won't be going. I feel bad for them plus the mom couldn't get Monday off.

BTW we are still trying to get in touch with someone at RCCL to cancel our cruise.

I found the cruise directors Facebook page and a bunch of the crew. So I've been monitoring their posts.

Keep us posted on any findings. Someone is going to slip up! I am still curious what the issue was to cancel that many sailings and if RCCL will ever say anything.

I figured space would be tight as the only alternative ship to be offered was Majesty. Sorry it didn't work for you.

We called yesterday and they offered us the Majesty, and we weren't 100% ready to make a decision like that yet. We would be losing a night of vacation, etc, etc. We called back 45 minutes later, around 7pm, waited on hold for over an hour, finally got through to someone and they were useless, asked to speak to their Supervisor and ended up waiting on hold until almost 9pm. Hung up, and in that time frame everything on Majesty March 28th filled up.

My poor girlfriend is heartbroken over this. I had purchased this for her as a college graduation gift and it fell during her birthday as well. It truly is a shame that so many of us have gone through this.

Finally got through this morning. Everything on Majesty was full, so we just cancelled.

Which sailing date were you on?

It just stinks they pick Majesty knowing they will probably be full. But they have other ships that still have space.

Which sailing date were you on?

It just stinks they pick Majesty knowing they will probably be full. But they have other ships that still have space.

We were on the 30th sailing. I luckily have off work from the 28th-6th. But even so that puts us in very limited parameters.

We were on the 30th sailing. I luckily have off work from the 28th-6th. But even so that puts us in very limited parameters.

We were on the same sailing. We are on the phone with RCCL and the guy is so rude! Oh my gosh he is like blaming us for canceling our cruise. Plus it said it is going to take 4-6 weeks to put on our credit card. That I don't get and that is what is frustrating to me. Luckily for us I have a high limit on my credit card but there are people who don't.

So what are y'all going to do that week now? We were able to book on NCL Getaway at a little higher rate but at least we are going somewhere.

Just a quick nit - I've had every travel provider I've ever received a refund from, including Royal Caribbean, tell me "4 to 6 weeks" for the refund to appear, and every one of them has actually appeared in 4 to 6 days. Just a data point. I am sorry for everyone who has had their vacation plans impacted by this mess.

We were on the same sailing. We are on the phone with RCCL and the guy is so rude! Oh my gosh he is like blaming us for canceling our cruise. Plus it said it is going to take 4-6 weeks to put on our credit card. That I don't get and that is what is frustrating to me. Luckily for us I have a high limit on my credit card but there are people who don't.

So what are y'all going to do that week now? We were able to book on NCL Getaway at a little higher rate but at least we are going somewhere.

We're leaning towards booking the Norwegian Sky with the Open Bar out of Miami. We've priced a lot of other lines and the fact that we're losing so much in OBC is a deterrent. It makes it that much harder to accommodate potential extra ports and extra days of drinking.

We're leaning towards booking the Norwegian Sky with the Open Bar out of Miami. We've priced a lot of other lines and the fact that we're losing so much in OBC is a deterrent. It makes it that much harder to accommodate potential extra ports and extra days of drinking.

The 3 day sailing leaving on April 1st?

Enough is enough ! Rccl has once again stomped on the hearts of thousands of its customers. Special occasions,once in a lifetime events,graduations,anniv.,weddings,---all of these ruined by rccl due to their money first da_n the customers mentality. Any and everyone should cancel future cruises,those thousands just cancelled re book elsewhere. A major downturn in their business will open thier eyes. This is the worst behavior ever demonstrated by a cruise company. Remember the aos sailing into the storm recently? Show rccl who is really in control. Just really lousy of them to do this to people !! Sadly many will still show up at the port thinking all is well. Enough is enough !!

Enough is enough ! Rccl has once again stomped on the hearts of thousands of its customers. Special occasions,once in a lifetime events,graduations,anniv.,weddings,---all of these ruined by rccl due to their money first da_n the customers mentality. Any and everyone should cancel future cruises,those thousands just cancelled re book elsewhere. A major downturn in their business will open thier eyes. This is the worst behavior ever demonstrated by a cruise company. Remember the aos sailing into the storm recently? Show rccl who is really in control. Just really lousy of them to do this to people !! Sadly many will still show up at the port thinking all is well. Enough is enough !!

You really do go on and on.

Although I agree that this situation is a huge mess I don't agree with "Any and everyone should cancel future cruises."

I am "loyal to Royal" and am very disappointed in the way Royal Caribbean handled THIS situation (but was not disappointed in the two Anthem situations).

We are currently booked on 22 Royal Caribbean voyages and I will NOT be canceling my future cruises with Royal Caribbean as they offer an excellent product that fits my cruise style.

We are booked on the May 16th Empress sailing and hope that it will sail as advertised. However, I will be disappointed if it is canceled but will book something else with Royal Caribbean and continue enjoying the product.

You are entitled to your opinion and I mine. My question to you is "Have you ever cruised with Royal Caribbean? If so, were you disappointed in your cruise?"

Edited by beachnative

Although I agree that this situation is a huge mess I don't agree with "Any and everyone should cancel future cruises."

I am "loyal to Royal" and am very disappointed in the way Royal Caribbean handled THIS situation (but was not disappointed in the two Anthem situations).

We are currently booked on 22 Royal Caribbean voyages and I will NOT be canceling my future cruises with Royal Caribbean as they offer an excellent product that fits my cruise style.

We are booked on the May 16th Empress sailing and hope that it will sail as advertised. However, I will be disappointed if it is canceled but will book something else with Royal Caribbean and continue enjoying the product.

You are entitled to your opinion and I mine. My question to you is "Have you ever cruised with Royal Caribbean? If so, were you disappointed in your cruise?"

Well said.

At this point, I think it's best to simply ignore that particular troll...err, poster...He's never going to let any of it go.

At this point, I think it's best to simply ignore that particular troll...err, poster...He's never going to let any of it go.

I agree with this. If we all ignore their posts they will stop.

I do also agree with the prior poster that this situation is a huge mess and never should have happened, but it will not stop me from taking my upcoming cruises on Royal. I do feel for all those impacted by these cancellations.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I'd really just love to have a few facts on what exactly has been discovered with the ship that has caused such a delay. I'm pretty sure they don't just cancel 6 cruises without some really solid reasons.

I have to agree with you on this. I think some people would be a bit more understanding of the situation had Royal provided more details.

I agree with this. If we all ignore their posts they will stop.

I do also agree with the prior poster that this situation is a huge mess and never should have happened, but it will not stop me from taking my upcoming cruises on Royal. I do feel for all those impacted by these cancellations.

Exactly. I am in no way trying to say that the situation was right. But proposing that everyone cancel all of their upcoming cruises is just stupid. I understand the anger of those impacted, but it's not going to stop me from cruising with Royal.

I believe he means that the price he has from Empress is $600 less thn the current price on Majesty. Really no savings on what he originally paid. The deals in the beginning were quite good on Empress as I recall.

Our TA was able to get ours switched from April 11 5 night to Majesty on April 4, 4 night with 3 ports of call. Since there was no additional cost we saved over $600 on the Majesty cruise fare. Reason being we had the C&A special on deck 8 cabins.

I guess I am a little confused as to what you are paying for the cruise on Majesty that enables you to save over $600 on the Majesty cruise fare from the cancellation of your Empress sailing.

It would be nice if ScottyG would respond to my post above. I know that you (John&LaLa) have given me what you believe he meant, but it would be nice to have his reply.