empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

Rccl is counting on the blind loyalty of the sheeple to just let this one go also. They have taken the practice of taking their customers for granted to a new low ! 6 cruises in the toilet really !?!?

Thank you for your concern.

I'm completely understanding of unforeseen events coming up that would force them to cancel, and I think it was communicated well.

However, this is costing them reputation as their proposed accommodation (shorter cruise on a ship that hasn't recently been refurbished, in a smaller stateroom) at the "protected" fare was just hard to take. And their reimbursement policy for air changes comes up lacking too.

I'm flexible enough that I could change sail dates (and I understand many cannot), but they should make a real effort to compensate their passengers not because they have to, but because it is best for the business in the long term.

It's not my fault they didn't have their ship together.

Edited by publicpersona

I'm completely understanding of unforeseen events coming up that would force them to cancel, and I think it was communicated well.

However, this is costing them reputation as their proposed accommodation (shorter cruise on a ship that hasn't recently been refurbished, in a smaller stateroom) at the "protected" fare was just hard to take. And their reimbursement policy for air changes comes up lacking too.

I'm flexible enough that I could change sail dates (and I understand many cannot), but they should make a real effort to compensate their passengers not because they have to, but because it is best for the business in the long term.

Very well said, exactly how I feel. Although I couldn't change my travel dates, I am booked on the Indy on a 4 night leaving March 30 to my least favorite port of Cozumel. But I don't mind staying on the ship. However, it will cost me more than the $100 "inconvenience" OBC they offered. [emoji45]

Edited by Clarkk W Griswald

Enough is enough ! Rccl has once again stomped on the hearts of thousands of its customers. Special occasions,once in a lifetime events,graduations,anniv.,weddings,---all of these ruined by rccl due to their money first da_n the customers mentality. Any and everyone should cancel future cruises,those thousands just cancelled re book elsewhere. A major downturn in their business will open thier eyes. This is the worst behavior ever demonstrated by a cruise company. Remember the aos sailing into the storm recently? Show rccl who is really in control. Just really lousy of them to do this to people !! Sadly many will still show up at the port thinking all is well. Enough is enough !!

I agree with you - but it's obvious they don't really care. If you boycott them and revenue drops, they will just move the ships somewhere else.

Just ask us about that in California.

How can you say it was communicated well when at least one person posted that they found out their cruise was cancelled when they read this thread?

That's a very interesting thing, isn't it, OB?

Their learning curve never seems to head upwards.

:(

Which is why I did not book the first few cruises after Majesty's dry dock. Hopefully I've left enough leeway, but after this Empress thing, I'm somewhat concerned.

You really do go on and on.

Although I agree that this situation is a huge mess I don't agree with "Any and everyone should cancel future cruises."

I am "loyal to Royal" and am very disappointed in the way Royal Caribbean handled THIS situation (but was not disappointed in the two Anthem situations).

We are currently booked on 22 Royal Caribbean voyages and I will NOT be canceling my future cruises with Royal Caribbean as they offer an excellent product that fits my cruise style.

We are booked on the May 16th Empress sailing and hope that it will sail as advertised. However, I will be disappointed if it is canceled but will book something else with Royal Caribbean and continue enjoying the product.

You are entitled to your opinion and I mine. My question to you is "Have you ever cruised with Royal Caribbean? If so, were you disappointed in your cruise?"

I hope not, as there isn't one. May 14?

Which is why I did not book the first few cruises after Majesty's dry dock. Hopefully I've left enough leeway, but after this Empress thing, I'm somewhat concerned.

Apparently, we are a bit better at learning from history than our dear friends in Miami.

I absolutely agree that they should allow people to switch to other ships on a space-available basis. This close in, they should be looking to fill up cabins anyway.

I am sure that their thinking was: Ship from same port of embarkation. End of thought process. :rolleyes:

Edited by Merion_Mom

OOPS. I meant May 19th.

We are doing a Back2Back Allure followed by 4 nights in Ft.Lauderdale followed by the Empress. I guess I have too many cruise dates in my head.

See you on board! (God willin' and the crick don't rise! ;))

While it sucks this happens, some of you need to get over it. Truely first world problems. All the crap and problems in the world, and you are going ballistic about having to change your vacation plans from plan a to plan b. some of you are acting like its the apocalypse.

While it sucks this happens, some of you need to get over it. Truely first world problems. All the crap and problems in the world, and you are going ballistic about having to change your vacation plans from plan a to plan b. some of you are acting like its the apocalypse.

Well this isn't allthecrapproblemsintheworldcritic.com

Well this isn't allthecrapproblemsintheworldcritic.com

Just reading through some of the posts and you would think people died or a genocide has occured....nope, a cruise got cancelled, and they have to make alternate week off not going to work plans.

Having read your posts over the years, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

I'd say joke, "I'll buy you a drink in the Concierge Lounge", but I don't think we'll have one.;)

Alas, I fear that you are right. Of course, at this point, I'll just settle for a cruise ship that functions! :eek:

Are Majesty staterooms smaller than Empress?