empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

We rebooked are 4/4/16 3 day to a 4 day 7/14/16 and owe 76 cents. Able to get the 20% drink pkg disc. on our 6/11/16 cruise but not on the july 14th cruise. Also they acknowledge the $100 OBC for the rebooked cruise but nowhere does it show.

We rebooked are 4/4/16 3 day to a 4 day 7/14/16 and owe 76 cents. Able to get the 20% drink pkg disc. on our 6/11/16 cruise but not on the july 14th cruise. Also they acknowledge the $100 OBC for the rebooked cruise but nowhere does it show.

Ask for Royal's booking confirmation, their OBC should show on that.

I got a good chuckle out of this... from yesterday's earnings call. I wonder how many passengers from the 13 (last minute) cancelled Empress sailings agree with this assessment?

For a company to be successful in today's world,
it's important that we not only do it right - but we also do the right thing
. At Royal Caribbean, ethical leadership is an important part of our worldview. It is something that matters to our people but it is a different metric to measure.

Fortunately, there is an organization called the Ethisphere Institute and it was organized specifically for the purpose of encouraging good corporate stewardship. I am therefore extremely pleased that Ethisphere recognized Royal Caribbean in 2016 as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We value this honor and we intend to continue following our mantra of continuous improvement.

Richard Fain – Chairman & Chief Executive Officer

When asked about the delay of Empress of the Seas, President and CEO Michael Bayley answered:

I can talk a little bit about Empress of the Seas. We brought Empress back from Pullmantur, it had been over with Pullmantur for approximately 9 years. We obviously had an expectation. We were going to do a certain amount of work with the ship and as we started the work we realized that we simply had more work to do. We wanted to make sure that we brought the ship up to the standard that our customers are used to with Royal Caribbean International, and a lot of that work required just more time to complete it. So, we had to extend the work time. And I think now we've got the ship scheduled to come back into operation at the end of May.

In a follow-up, he was asked was the issue an engineering or customer related one to which he responded it was a "customer experience" issue.

Transcript Source: http://www.SeekingAlpha.com

Edited by WinksCruises

I got a good chuckle out of this... from yesterday's earnings call. I wonder how many passengers from the 13 (last minute) cancelled Empress sailings agree with this assessment?

For a company to be successful in today's world,
it's important that we not only do it right - but we also do the right thing
. At Royal Caribbean, ethical leadership is an important part of our worldview. It is something that matters to our people but it is a different metric to measure.

Fortunately, there is an organization called the Ethisphere Institute and it was organized specifically for the purpose of encouraging good corporate stewardship. I am therefore extremely pleased that Ethisphere recognized Royal Caribbean in 2016 as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We value this honor and we intend to continue following our mantra of continuous improvement.

Richard Fain – Chairman & Chief Executive Officer

When asked about the delay of Empress of the Seas, President and CEO Michael Bayley answered:

I can talk a little bit about Empress of the Seas. We brought Empress back from Pullmantur, it had been over with Pullmantur for approximately 9 years. We obviously had an expectation. We were going to do a certain amount of work with the ship and as we started the work we realized that we simply had more work to do. We wanted to make sure that we brought the ship up to the standard that our customers are used to with Royal Caribbean International, and a lot of that work required just more time to complete it. So, we had to extend the work time. And I think now we've got the ship scheduled to come back into operation at the end of May.

In a follow-up, he was asked was the issue an engineering or customer related one to which he responded it was a "customer experience" issue.

Transcript Source: www.SeekingAlpha.com

what a joke. Obviously the bean counters at RCI don't subscribe to this. Increasing prices then calling it a sale is ethical? As far as I'm concerned the opinions of the Ethisphere Institute ain't worth the chocolate chips in my cat's litter box

There is a ship application showing the Empress in Miami, however on another ship tracking site it shows it still in Freeport. Does anyone know if it has moved to Miami to finish its repairs/fumigation?

Still in Freeport. Not sure what site says Miami, but any site using the AIS system will be correct, which MarineTraffic does.

Thanks, it was shipmate.

Not sure if they use AIS or the published schedule, but it's interesting that the Empress of the Seas on this site has the correct IMO#, but the call sign and the MMSI#, are not correct, and it also says it is only 49 tons.

I'm not sure, it was just odd. We are booked on the ship July 9th and have been very taken aback by the less than royal behavior of the line through this entire debacle. They act more like a company that refuses to recall a product by keeping it secret. Their loyal customers would so much better served with some solid business ethics.

Fortunately, there is an organization called the Ethisphere Institute and it was organized specifically for the purpose of encouraging good corporate stewardship. I am therefore extremely pleased that Ethisphere recognized Royal Caribbean in 2016 as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We value this honor and we intend to continue following our mantra of continuous improvement.[/i]

Richard Fain – Chairman & Chief Executive Officer[/indent]

Wiki doesn't think much of the "Ethisphere Institute" entry either. :rolleyes:

"This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. Please help improve it by removing promotional content and inappropriate external links, and by adding encyclopedic content written from a neutral point of view. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message) "

"The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. Please help to establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged, redirected, or deleted."

From the headers on the Wikipedia entry for the so called institute. :)

And also:

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2010/03/its_all_good.html

Edited by Coralc

Thank you WinksCruises for your post . Love your title , " Royal C - Award Winning Ethics!' .:D

Wiki doesn't think much of the "Ethisphere Institute" entry either. :rolleyes:

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2010/03/its_all_good.html

And my wife wonders why I'm so cynical . These people are the same "independant" compensation consultants

who determine executive pay . :eek: Hint - everyone is deserving of being in the first quartile of pay .

Thank you WinksCruises for your post . Love your title , " Royal C - Award Winning Ethics!' .:D And my wife wonders why I'm so cynical . These people are the same "independant" compensation consultants

who determine executive pay . :eek: Hint - everyone is deserving of being in the first quartile of pay .

It's like the Motor Trend Car of the Year. Usually goes to whoever has the best advertising package to showcase Motor Trend. That's how they end up choosing some real dogs from time to time; the ad campaign had the biggest bags of cash.

All just a circular handshake....

Ask for Royal's booking confirmation, their OBC should show on that.

Did not show on the booking confirmation, what bothered me. Finally got a gal on the phone at reservations who said "please stay on the phone with me and will get resolved". Got the $100 OBC and RCL added another $50 for good measure. Needless to say, we our happy with RCL. Stormy

Did not show on the booking confirmation, what bothered me. Finally got a gal on the phone at reservations who said "please stay on the phone with me and will get resolved". Got the $100 OBC and RCL added another $50 for good measure. Needless to say, we our happy with RCL. Stormy

Hopefully they sent you an updated booking confirmation showing the proper OBC.