UK Departure Question

Chunky2219

It's a couple of years since we last sailed Celebrity so things might have changed, hence the question.

In the past, we've received a pre-cruise summary brochure with luggage tags. Not sure if it was electronic last time or not. This time we sail in 5 weeks and haven't had anything. Maybe I can download it but I've checked on line and it isn't visible to my feeble, old eyes and fat internet fingers.

What am I missing?

cheers.

We are sailing Celebrity in April. We had an email saying Edocs were ready to be printed and that is the pre-cruise brochure you mention. The luggage tags are included and you have to print them yourself. I called Celebrity UK to ask if we could get "real" luggage tags and the answer was no, print your own. So there you are. It's all online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's a couple of years since we last sailed Celebrity so things might have changed, hence the question.

In the past, we've received a pre-cruise summary brochure with luggage tags. Not sure if it was electronic last time or not. This time we sail in 5 weeks and haven't had anything. Maybe I can download it but I've checked on line and it isn't visible to my feeble, old eyes and fat internet fingers.

What am I missing?

cheers.

Hi,

If you have already printed your X press pass before e doc were available then you can't see them on My Celebrity. This happened to me I called Celebrity and they e mailed me another set.

Hope you get sorted,

David

Easier to simply have the porter at the pier tag your luggage as Celebrity has all sorts of issues with getting them out and have heard no longer available outside the USA anyway. Much faster. Just make sure to have your cabin number and watch them put the correct number on your tags. Suggest against using the paper ones in your EDocs as they often tear off.

What am I missing?

cheers.

Luggage tag holders that fit the printed labels from your guest documents can be bought from Amazon.There is a pack of 8 that specifically fit Celebrity and RCCL luggage labels.

If you check in online, once your edocs are ready usually 45 days before you sail, a button will appear to order your luggage tags. They do deliver in the UK and the tags come from a UK address.

That has been our experience as well. You log into "My Celebrity" (which takes you to the Celebrity US site) and click on the button to order your luggage tags (which are then sent from a UK address). The button does not show up until your edocs are available. This is one of the things that does actually seem to work well on the X website.:)

That has been our experience as well. You log into "My Celebrity" (which takes you to the Celebrity US site) and click on the button to order your luggage tags (which are then sent from a UK address). The button does not show up until your edocs are available. This is one of the things that does actually seem to work well on the X website.:)

Up until recently I would have agreed with you but now we are not getting that option - just have to print our tags.

Wendy

Up until recently I would have agreed with you but now we are not getting that option - just have to print our tags.

Wendy

Thanks for the update, Wendy. It is six months since our last cruise and I am sorry to hear that X have made even more cuts since then!:(

If you check in online, once your edocs are ready usually 45 days before you sail, a button will appear to order your luggage tags. They do deliver in the UK and the tags come from a UK address.

Not any more. They've stopped supplying them in the UK. I called them just 2 days ago and they told me that you have to use the ones you download from the Edocs.

We cruise Sunday, clearly told only the print your own tags so we did and have laminated them ready to fix on with tape...

Yes you can just get them fixed on at the port but it is nice to get in your taxi with your luggage ready to hand over. We will invest in some from Amazon for next cruise, did not see them in time for this one!

Not any more. They've stopped supplying them in the UK. I called them just 2 days ago and they told me that you have to use the ones you download from the Edocs.

That's a shame, getting luggage tags in the post was one of the small and silly things we enjoyed. We didn't cruise with Celebrity last year and tried Princess so that's why my info is wrong, thanks for the update 😀

Thanks for that link, just bought them. Before we have had to print the luggage labels, laminate them then staple them.

Surely labels printed on paper and stapled as instructed just increases their workload with bags with torn off labels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I asked about luggage tags and was told in the UK they no longer send them out and we are to print them off ourselves.

It is not necessary to print them yourselves at all.

Luggage tags were provided at the pier when we checked in our bags in the UK, just as done at US ports.

As soon as our coach from Heathrow pulled up at the port, the porters came right over to us and started tagging the bags and loading them on their carts.

Just checked with friends who cruised from the UK more recently than us, and they confirmed that luggage tags are still provided at UK ports for cruises and at airports for flights.

Edited by fleckle

I'm departing from Rome though, not Southampton. My flight has been booked via Celebrity but it's Monarch since I wanted to fly from Luton, so I will print out my tags and attach them once I get my luggage in Rome.

The last time we cruised from Southampton was six months ago and they run a very slick operation there, which is really geared up for pax arriving with their bags already tagged. The taxis stop in front of the terminal, the drivers go round and open the boot (trunk) of the car and, while the passengers are settling up with the taxi driver, the bags are just whisked away! We have also walked to the ship from the nearby Grand Harbour Hotel and, before we got to check-in, baggage handlers just took our cases out of our hands and added them to the bags already on their trolley. The baggage handlers are not looking for a tip, they just want to get everyone processed as quickly as possible and anyone arriving without tagged luggage is just going to slow down a very efficient system. We liked to get real luggage tags posted to us, but if Celebrity are now specifically advising pax to print their own, why would anyone deliberately choose not to do it?:confused:

I'm departing from Rome though, not Southampton. My flight has been booked via Celebrity but it's Monarch since I wanted to fly from Luton, so I will print out my tags and attach them once I get my luggage in Rome.

You can either print them out yourself and attach once you arrive in Rome, or alternatively, the porters will affix a label at the port (this includes Rome and any other European port, also includes Istanbul - as I know from personal experience :)).

Suzy Smith,

Some people may not have a printer available to them or may even mislay their luggage tags during the journey. Some pax on GTYs may not even know their cabin numbers until they arrive at the port, or possibly may be in transit when the allocation comes through. There are many reason why and not just the case of 'choosing' not to print. It's not a problem though. The porters will provide luggage tags at the port FOC and affix them to your bags ;).