Diamond benefits - Laundry?? Internet??

^ kids under 18 don't have the same benefits as adults (including the free VOOM).

Possibly. Just saying that I was able to use an under 18's info to start signing up for internet. Got as far as showing the coupon making the daily charge $0. When trying to actually check-out, it errored saying that it could not charge the account (I had their accounts set to not allow charging). Had the cruise been longer than 5 nights I would have pursued further, but with my wife and I getting a free day each plus having internet during our two port days, there was really no need.

Could have been a fluke.

Had the cruise been longer than 5 nights I would have pursued further

at which point the LA would have likely told you that the free internet does not apply to kids. A sure way to tell what coupons the kids have is to have a bartender print out what's on the Seapass card at a point of sale terminal.

Just a comment here...I will reach Diamond level at the end of my February cruise, and as a non-drinker, I am not very impressed with the benefits listed above, compared to what I received on NCL at similar level....

The balcony discount gets a big jump at Diamond.

• Like 1

That would be nice to some, but I am content with an Inside, as I only use the cabin to sleep, shower, and change clothes in.

I had a balcony on the last 12 day cruise, and if I added up all the time I spent on it over the twelve days, it might add up to maybe 90 minutes total....I would just step out when waking up to feel the weather, and get a 'fix' on my GPS....

Would much rather have a couple of free specialty dinners, and a bag of free wash and fold laundry...:)

• 1 year later...
On 3/20/2016 at 2:58 PM, SandyR5 said:

Thanks so much for such a great reply. We will pack enough for the 12 days, and we'll get 2 24 hour free internet times so that will work out fine. :):):)

if you are rccl diamond and go a 2 week cruise does your free internet tome and laundry discount increase

On 12/16/2017 at 8:44 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

That has been eliminated for D and D+.

It's been gone since at least January.

I'[m diamond and  was on oasis in march and we got the 3 free coins for the slot pull, I don't use them though save for the grandkids.

• 5 months later...
On 3/20/2016 at 3:02 PM, SandyR5 said:

Hi - We're Celebrity Elite Plus and RCCL Diamond. I've read the Crown & Anchor list of what the diamond benefits are and it doesn't mention anything about free or discounted laundry and same for internet. It seems that the nightly drinks are the only onboard benefit. Cruising on Anthem next week and thinking about packing. Would love to know for sure. :rolleyes: Thanks

IT LOOKS LIKE RCCL strikes again, but of course they don’t tell you ahead of time, they took away The free laundry for Diamond Plus, we are on a 13 night now and packed to do laundry, shortened the use of internet, they suck you in for 30 years to be loyal and now they screw you, well screw them, not loyal any longer, after loosing our luggage twice this year, it took 3 1/2 months finally we got 1 back.   Now going for best price and place.   I am cancelling a few of my booked cruises before the final payment.

On 2/8/2018 at 7:35 AM, Host Clarea said:

Not anymore, they took away free laundry, you can’t take a picture of your kids, unless the Diamond Plus card holders face is in it.  So petty after 30 years of loyalty.

The only benefit we like is their diamond lounge. Much better than Celebity’s Elite HH. That said, we get free laundry, 2 dry cleaning items and 240 internet minutes each with Celebrity.  And...pretty much kids free ships. 

Re laundry.  We did a b2b and were on serenade for 23 nights in caribbean.  Day one I always give room steward a decent tip.  

With him knowing we were on ship for 3 weeks he offered to do laundry at a lower rate than advertised.  He did this twice for us.  I was amazed how many items I could fit in that little bag.  He was thrilled to get extra tip.  Worked out well.

We go on another b2b in january and I'm planning on doing laundry special and hope my room stewart is just as nice.

19 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

So this is first time cruising with our new son. Is there any benefit to signing him up for C&A before first cruise? Is it even possible to sign child up before first cruise? 

Since he's a member of your household, he can share the your status after his first cruise.

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_APRIL-2019.pdf

3 hours ago, Flat sea lover said:

IT LOOKS LIKE RCCL strikes again, but of course they don’t tell you ahead of time, they took away The free laundry for Diamond Plus, we are on a 13 night now and packed to do laundry, shortened the use of internet, they suck you in for 30 years to be loyal and now they screw you, well screw them, not loyal any longer, after loosing our luggage twice this year, it took 3 1/2 months finally we got 1 back.   Now going for best price and place.   I am cancelling a few of my booked cruises before the final payment.

Please post a photo of your page of benefits that is in your stateroom.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:06 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Please post a photo of your page of benefits that is in your stateroom.

Error sorry, you can do 1 free laundry on 5 day or more cruise on LAUNDRY day, they will tell you when that day is, according to the list.

15 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

Can you please tell me the amount of time of internet allowance you get for diamond plus members on a 14  night cruise.

Thanks

Each D+ member gets two continuous 24-hour periods of unlimited internet, or $50-$60 (not sure because prices have changed recently) off a package purchased on board.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:27 AM, Flat sea lover said:

Error sorry, you can do 1 free laundry on 5 day or more cruise on LAUNDRY day, they will tell you when that day is, according to the list.

Just off the Radiance and they did not enforce the laundry day.  We were able to send laundry when we choose.

• Like 1