Would you make the change?

Any insight/opinions would be very helpful...

Doing December 2016 Allure B2B. Have booked GS 9660 for both cruises.

Have the opportunity to get an L1 CLS for 800 more for second cruise.

Need opinions on if you think it is worth 800 for the upgrade and/or

is a B2B much easier in same cabin.

Always appreciate the feedback.....

A B2B is much easier if you stay in the same cabin. We were in two different cabins on our recent Freedom B2B and it was a real pain to have to pack/unpack.

YMMV.

That's like asking a stranger if they should spend extra money for a remote car starter.

It's your money. Spend it the way you want

That's like asking a stranger if they should spend extra money for a remote car starter.

It's your money. Spend it the way you want

Not sure what your comment has to do with anything I was looking for.

If you are b2b in different rooms the staff will move your belongings for you.

Is L1 the ones that view the sports deck? If so; I would not move from an Oceanview GS. If the L1 is an oceanview and in your budget that is something I'd consider.

If you are b2b in different rooms the staff will move your belongings for you.

Is L1 the ones that view the sports deck? If so; I would not move from an Oceanview GS. If the L1 is an oceanview and in your budget that is something I'd consider.

It is the ocean view. We wouldn't do it for the L2 that doesn't seem worth it at all.

Thanks for the input.

I'd do it if I had the extra money, just to experience L1. Even if it means having to pack your stuff.

But, it is your money, so you need to decide.

I would love to try a loft cabin, but I will never have that much loose money.

Not that hard to switch cabins. We recently did it on Independence. Whether you switch cabins or not, you will still have to exit and reboard the ship.

Moving was simple. We were told to leave everything we had on their hangers and pack up the rest. Not difficult at all. The fun part was waiting in the dining room before debarking and getting the surprise news that we had been upgraded to a suite.

Not that hard to switch cabins. We recently did it on Independence. Whether you switch cabins or not, you will still have to exit and reboard the ship.

Moving was simple. We were told to leave everything we had on their hangers and pack up the rest. Not difficult at all. The fun part was waiting in the dining room before debarking and getting the surprise news that we had been upgraded to a suite.

thanks for the input and very nice on the upgrade....

I'd do it if I had the extra money, just to experience L1. Even if it means having to pack your stuff.

But, it is your money, so you need to decide.

I would love to try a loft cabin, but I will never have that much loose money.

thanks very much...800 can go a long way for dinners and other things so that's why we wanted some input. we are leaning to go for it.

the first leg of the cruise was something like 1200 more for the L1 so that is out..has to be a limit...

thanks very much...800 can go a long way for dinners and other things so that's why we wanted some input. we are leaning to go for it.

the first leg of the cruise was something like 1200 more for the L1 so that is out..has to be a limit...

That thinking is why I would not. You are already in a suite with all the amenities.

Everything that is on hangers will be moved by your room steward. I even hang swim suits and gym clothes the night before the move. Just talk with him or her early during the first week and advise new room number.

We do a lot of B2Bs and always prefer to stay in the same stateroom for both cruises.

Unfortunately we do not always book far enough out to get the same cabin and have to make the move.....which is not ideal.

Here is a tip if you decide to change suites:

Go to one of the shops and get a few of the plastic bags.

Put the contents of each drawer on a different bag and put bags in your suitcase.

Take the clothes from each drawer and put them in your suitcase crisscrossed.

Put all shoes in a different suitcase.

If you travel with fine jewelry take it with you when they process you on turnaround day OR better, have Guest Services lock it in a safe.

I hope this helps.

As for us, we are both healthy and agile and move all of our belongings ourselves. We contact the cabin attendant for the upcoming cruise and he/she prepares the cabin immediately after the previous guests vacate. Then we move our belongings, put everything away well before the turnaround process.

We've been in the grand suite.

And then we moved up to the Crown loft (L1 ocean view, not L2, sports court) and have never gone back.

We've done the L1 on the Allure twice and the Oasis once.

You will be right on deck 17 which is a serene short walk to the suite lounge, espresso machine and coastal kitchen which is a real perk all on it's own.

One flight down to Windjammer and two flights down to pool deck.

The loft is awesome for a couple and tolerable for a family of 4 that really gets along.

You also have the benefit of two full bathrooms and the upstairs shower is spectacular!

Furthermore you have two stewards that take care of your room and the service is also excellent.

I would most certainly go for it!

Steve

I would not make the move for $800. I love the CL but packing and moving on a B2B takes away from the comfort of a being on a B2B, imo. It would feel like two different cruises vs one continuous cruise when you have to take time to pack on day 7.

However, I would continue to check prices and see if the L1 on the 1st leg comes down so you can move for both cruises or the 2nd leg comes comes down more.

Alternatively, I would look at the total cost to move to a L2 on both cruises unless you really want the bigger balcony the GS offers and the Oceanview of the L1. For me the same cabin and being on deck 17 with the suite lounge is much more valuable.

I really enjoyed the convenience of getting something to eat/drink in the suite lounge and taking the short walk to my room vs waiting for elevators.