ms Zuiderdam Sail-Away March 28, 2016

Boytjie

I'm not sure who set up the player and stream parameters, but they're all messed up. Full screen is enabled in the stream but disabled in the player. (Basically driving with one foot on the gas while the other is planted firmly on the brake.) "Save video" is enabled in Chrome.

This could very well be where they jump the shark. :eek:

Thanks Brian...

Just tried to watch that webcam. They will NOT allow TWC subscribers to stream so will not be able to wave... BOO...

I can't get the "Multi view HD" (get a message about not being able to "peer") but I can get the other webcams.

I can't get the "Multi view HD" (get a message about not being able to "peer") but I can get the other webcams.

I think the best SD webcam to watch will be the "Harbor Island (E)" one. It seems to zoom occasionally on the aircraft carrier, and we should be nearby. Hope it is as good as PTZ!:)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes watching the sailaways! I only discovered the Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale webcams about a week ago; was watching on vesselfinder before. Unfortunately probably won't be able to see Maasdam tomorrow but watched her go through the Panama Canal the other day. Sailing on Maasdam myself on 6/6.

Well, a few nice toots, thanks Peter, Lou and Dave, and see everybody tomorrow, I hope. I do have to go out to my favourite needlework store in Sidney to look for a project for our cruise (lots of sea days!:)) after I get my hair cut, so I just hope to get back in time for a final sail away before our own. Then, I guess that's it for the summer! Unless there are a few occasional departures from Fort Lauderdale in the meantime...

Anyway, it's been a great sail away season - If I can't be on the ship, at least I can watch and hear it!:)

Unless my monitor's color is off, the Zuiderdam's funnels could use a new coat of white paint. I saw too much "yellow" or at least "off-white" where there should have been a white color.

Totally agree. I started to type the same thing. Guess they will wait and do the new logo...

Totally agree. I started to type the same thing. Guess they will wait and do the new logo...

That might have been the webcam color correction and the cloudy weather. They looked white in person - although I admit I haven't color-calibrated my eyes recently. ;)

Edited by POA1

Hi. Just wanted to jump in here because we got to watch the ships leave from the beach last Monday, something I have always wanted to do. We were on Celebrity Constellation that morning, so we came out to wave goodbye that afternoon. Here are some photos.

IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG