Any signs of Freestyle being installed on Liberty?

Anyone on recent Liberty sailings seen any sign of Freestyle machines being installed?

According to post 107 in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2318754

Copy pasted here:

My uncle works for Coca-Cola in Houston and says that the Freestyle Machines for LOS are crated and ready to be loaded something next month for installation. They will do this on three consecutive Sundays. They should all be up and running by the end of March. Drink up Coca-Cola lovers!!!!!!!!

they were to be installed. So I'm just wanting/hoping to know if this is true. If not, I have to make plans for buying my caffeine free Diet Coke prior to boarding.

Anyone on recent Liberty sailings seen any sign of Freestyle machines being installed?

According to post 107 in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2318754

Copy pasted here:

they were to be installed. So I'm just wanting/hoping to know if this is true. If not, I have to make plans for buying my caffeine free Diet Coke prior to boarding.

We sail April 3, I'd love of this was true!

Enchantment's were installed while the ship was in service. (Granted that was back in the Baltimore days). But it took them almost the full 21 days of our back to back to do it - so maybe they changed their timing so they didn't have to worry about guest movement and stopping work during crowded times.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

My understanding, from someone who works at Coca Cola, is that the machines are always installed during a drydock.

I don't think the ones on Jewel and Majesty were added during a dry dock. I would think with no real knowledge as long as they can run water lines to an area and that area is not a public passageway it could be done.

If they do not have the freestyle machines on the liberty, are the cups different (less bulky)?

All the cups are the same. There is just no machine to use them in. I really hope the Liberty gets them by the end of August

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I liked about the soda package on the Navigator was just showing my card. I didn't have to carry that dumb cup around. I'm guessing that I can't just get a cup at the machine and you'd have to carry the dumb giant cup, or do you insert your card into the Freestyle machines to use them on RCCL?

One thing I liked about the soda package on the Navigator was just showing my card. I didn't have to carry that dumb cup around. I'm guessing that I can't just get a cup at the machine and you'd have to carry the dumb giant cup, or do you insert your card into the Freestyle machines to use them on RCCL?

The Freestyle machines require the souvenir cup (not the SeaPass card). There's an RFID chip in the base of the cup that's read by the machine and it won't dispense unless the chip is read (and has not yet expired -- when dispensing, it will tell you the expiry date of the cup).

But you can still use your SeaPass with the printed Coca-Cola logo (or sticker) at the bars or restaurants. It will be given to you in a regular glass (but your selection will be limited, i.e. no special flavours such as Grape Sprite or whatever because only the Freestyle can do that).