Summit AQ Cabins on Deck 11

gryffin123

Hello all:

I have just booked a cruise on the Summit and after picking a room, have now learned about the new Rooftop Terrace. I picked 1118 based on previous reviews, but am now wondering if I would be better off further forward or further back. Does anyone have any insight into what would now be the more quiet cabins?

Thanks-

Nicole

Any cabin with another cabin above it. #2 - not directly near an elevator. #3 - at the end of a hallway is quietest. #4 - not having a crew access across the hall.

Suggest you do find a few cabin numbers and then a forum search for one number at a time to see what people have said. The refit will change things on deck #11 cabins, but would be quiet early and late.

We have just got off the Infinity in 1130 a rear facing aft stateroom.

We could hear the films loud and clear when sitting on the balcony, what made things worse was when the film clashed with music in the Ocean Café. I couldn't read on the balcony when this occurred.

With the balcony door shut, very little noise, but then there is no use having a balcony

We will avoid this deck in future.

I am very concerned about the noise issue for our April Panama Canal cruise. The cruise is 15 nights, with many days at sea, especially if you include the canal cruising days. We were much looking forward to sitting on our balcony and relaxing. Considering it is a warm weather cruise, I imagine they will fully utilize that area.

Official Celebrity spokesperson, for the love of heaven are you reading all these noise complaints and reporting them back to headquarters??? Many people like us booked those rooms specifically because they were in a nice, quiet area of the ship. Now it seems like we might as well have booked an ocean view if we will not be able to sit out and enjoy our balcony without being inundated with noise. That is just not right!

For our cruise I already looked into changing room locations but there are no other AQ's to be had, nor any other balcony rooms for that matter. This is DH's bucket list dream cruise and we will be so disappointed if it is ruined by noise and the inability to use our balcony. I have even read horror stories of Celebrity running 'infomercials' about their various cruise options as late as 4:00 am. Please tell me it isn't so!

Some will come back at me and tell me to wait and see how it goes before complaining - but I have read enough input on these boards already to fear that my worries are valid. I would love to be wrong, but suspect I am not.

Please, anyone who has a noise issue because of this, let it be known to the powers that be. That is the only way (if any) that they will consider solutions, like limiting hours or at the very least being more considerate of the volume.

For our cruise I already looked into changing room locations but there are no other AQ's to be had, nor any other balcony rooms for that matter. This is DH's bucket list dream cruise and we will be so disappointed if it is ruined by noise and the inability to use our balcony. I have even read horror stories of Celebrity running 'infomercials' about their various cruise options as late as 4:00 am. Please tell me it isn't so!

I think we are on the same cruise, are we not? No other staterooms to change to at the moment. We booked more than a year out so that we could secure our favorite AQ stateroom on deck 11. How disappointing it will be if we cannot relax in the stateroom. I am not as worried about the balcony because it will be a cooler weather cruise. But would be nice to sit out and read with having 5 sea days.

I suppose this problem with Aqua class on Deck 11 will be the same on Connie.

We travelled Aqua last year on Millenium and loved it partly because it was very quiet up there.

e are travelling in a regular balcony for our 2017 cruise but thought we would splurge for Aquaa again in 2018. May have to reconsider.

I think we are on the same cruise, are we not? No other staterooms to change to at the moment. We booked more than a year out so that we could secure our favorite AQ stateroom on deck 11. How disappointing it will be if we cannot relax in the stateroom. I am not as worried about the balcony because it will be a cooler weather cruise. But would be nice to sit out and read with having 5 sea days.

Are we talking the same cruise? Mine is April 2017, Panama Canal. I don't see that as a 'cooler weather cruise'. Maybe we are on another together? I confess I am on several roll calls right now and am losing track of who's on first so to speak:)

Are we talking the same cruise? Mine is April 2017, Panama Canal. I don't see that as a 'cooler weather cruise'. Maybe we are on another together? I confess I am on several roll calls right now and am losing track of who's on first so to speak:)

Nope, nevermind. We are on in October. There seem to be a lot of Phoenix and Arizona CC names on this forum. I have cruised with some or going to with others. I can't keep up. :D

We did complain of the noise, I also mentioned it on the end of trip survey.

Its a crying shame, ours was a Panama Canal cruise and the view was amazing, at least we were spared the noise whilst passing through the canal.

We are going down to deck 6 in a sky suite for our next trip. Much as we love Blue we will never book deck 11 at the back again.

We are very disappointed to hear reports about noise. The Future Cruises Consultant talked us into two of these cabins (1130 & 1132) on the Summit for Jan./Feb. 2018 (25 days). We expressed our concern about the movie theater going in above these A1 cabins during the refit, and she said that there would be wireless headphones to hear the movies, so that we would not hear movie noise from the veranda and cabin. She also said the bar to get drinks for the movie would be small and not a full scale bar, so noise would be minimal. I am not too concerned about aft Oceanview Bar music as it usually very pleasant.

Is it possible that Infinity does not have the wireless headsets but that Summit and Millennium will have the wireless headsets? I would expect that would account for a noise difference. Hope those going on Summit and Millennium in A1 aft cabins will report back after their refits. And let's hope Infinity gets wireless headsets to hear the movie and to prevent disruption to those in these A1 aft cabins

Hello all:

I have just booked a cruise on the Summit and after picking a room, have now learned about the new Rooftop Terrace. I picked 1118 based on previous reviews, but am now wondering if I would be better off further forward or further back. Does anyone have any insight into what would now be the more quiet cabins?

Thanks-

Nicole

Sept 2015 A1 Cabin 1125 Infinity 17 Night Panama Canal Cruise.

Loved it all, small balcony for the side cabins. Had 1133 on the Summit Nov 2014 Eastern Carib, wonderful. Booked Summit May 2016 1140 Bermuda.

For photography Aqua 1 is great.

22555664998_1f1f3fe560_c.jpg

CaptDave

We have #1138 booked on Millie for 5/27 to Alaska. I will certainly come back and give a "noise" report. While we do intend to utilize our balcony it won't be getting the same amount of time as it would if we were doing a warm weather cruise - so for us if there is noise, I'm not that concerned. I can handle anything for 7 nights.

If noise is an issue, for a warm weather cruise this would be a total deal breaker - so I too hope that if it is annoying or forcing people off the balcony - that people complain!! If they start having trouble booking those cabins perhaps they'll tone it down.

Edited by Jane2357

We did complain of the noise, I also mentioned it on the end of trip survey.

Its a crying shame, ours was a Panama Canal cruise and the view was amazing, at least we were spared the noise whilst passing through the canal.

We are going down to deck 6 in a sky suite for our next trip. Much as we love Blue we will never book deck 11 at the back again.

You can still eat in Blu, along with Luminae, while staying in a SS. :)

We are very disappointed to hear reports about noise. The Future Cruises Consultant talked us into two of these cabins (1130 & 1132) on the Summit for Jan./Feb. 2018 (25 days). We expressed our concern about the movie theater going in above these A1 cabins during the refit, and she said that there would be wireless headphones to hear the movies, so that we would not hear movie noise from the veranda and cabin. She also said the bar to get drinks for the movie would be small and not a full scale bar, so noise would be minimal. I am not too concerned about aft Oceanview Bar music as it usually very pleasant.

Is it possible that Infinity does not have the wireless headsets but that Summit and Millennium will have the wireless headsets? I would expect that would account for a noise difference. Hope those going on Summit and Millennium in A1 aft cabins will report back after their refits. And let's hope Infinity gets wireless headsets to hear the movie and to prevent disruption to those in these A1 aft cabins

It has already been reported that noise was heard on the Summit. I cannot see that wireless head phones would be ideal. I don't think passengers would like them. You don't get the true feeling of being on the ocean watching an outdoor movie. Also, I can see someone trying to make a drink order with their headset on. :rolleyes:

It has already been reported that noise was heard on the Summit. I cannot see that wireless head phones would be ideal. I don't think passengers would like them. You don't get the true feeling of being on the ocean watching an outdoor movie. Also, I can see someone trying to make a drink order with their headset on. :rolleyes:

Not good. The Future Cruise Consultant talked us into these aft deck 11 cabins stating there might be some noise during the day with sporting events, but wireless headsets would need to be used in the evenings. I'm not so worried about the veranda as I am when we are in the cabin, especially at night. I would think the headsets would be stationary at the seats so people don't walk off with them; otherwise, guests would have to check them out and back in again with an attendant.

There has been a lot of discussion on this and I have also boom an AQ cabin on Deck 11 to Bermuda this summer. At the time of booking, we knew we didn't want to be in the aft cabins as I saw a photo from before the rooftop terrace came in and those cabins are directly above the rear Oceanview bar below.

Then I heard about the new rooftop terrace and, along with so many of you became concerned about being on this deck. I just do t understand their thinking of putting these cabins in just a few years ago only to plop a terrace with movies and sporting events directly in top of them.

My understanding is that in addition to drinks they serve now, they also intend eventually serve food there (although not yet from what I've read in another recent post). These premium cabins (highest category below suites) are now suddenly seeming undesirable.

We considered changing/downgrading to a Concierge Class or Standard Verandah, but the prices have increased so drastically since we booked that to downgrade would cost us hundreds of dollars each.

We are trying to keep an open mind that it won't be that bad and we can still have a great cruise.

OK, so we are on deck 11 on the May 1st Summit cruise in Room 1125.

I think I now know why I was upgraded so quickly on my Aqua gty room. We were on the Summit in October and loved room 1100.

So my options seem to be:

1. complain nicely if there is noise.

2. join the party when there is noise

3. grin and bear it

4. make sure Celebrity knows if the noise bothered me and now Celebrity ships will not be my first choice....lots of cruise lines and ships to choose from

Money talks and if enough people say we don't like it and cancel bookings it will change or at least the times of use will change....