Maasdam vs. Anthem of the Seas

Boytjie

Thanks for posting this. Maasdam looks lovely.

When I saw the title of the thread, I couldn't believe you might be asking how the two ships differ! From what I've heard of Anthem from BF, the only thing the two vessels have in common is that they float and carry passengers.

Maasdam is in St. Maarten today and being dwarfed by Anthem of the Seas.

2wd36z4.jpg

From left to right: Celebrity Equinox, Anthem of the Seas, Maasdam and luxury yacht Ricing Sun.

Usually at Sint Maarten, our Dam ships are hidden behind all the over-sized travelling amusement parks. This is a really great view of this pretty lady. Thanks for the heads-up. :D

Thanks for posting this. Maasdam looks lovely.

When I saw the title of the thread, I couldn't believe you might be asking how the two ships differ! From what I've heard of Anthem from BF, the only thing the two vessels have in common is that they float and carry passengers.

I was the same way, I was wondering other than being cruise ships what they may have in common :p

Usually at Sint Maarten, our Dam ships are hidden behind all the over-sized travelling amusement parks. This is a really great view of this pretty lady. Thanks for the heads-up. :D

I agree, the huge ships are just so ugly and awkward-looking. Maasdam has a classic look that I find appealing. Anthem was the ship that was involved in the hurricane cruise from hell in February or thereabouts, was it not?

I agree, the huge ships are just so ugly and awkward-looking. Maasdam has a classic look that I find appealing. Anthem was the ship that was involved in the hurricane cruise from hell in February or thereabouts, was it not?

Yes, that was Anthem. She is supposed to be coming to FLL/PE in Nov as her winter(??) home port, while the Oasis moves to Port Canaveral.

What is the point of the ridiculous looking handle on top of the Anthem?

That's the pod. You get in it and then they extend it up as you see in the picture, so you can see all around. (No, I am NOT making this up!)

:rolleyes: I can't imagine why HAL doesn't rush to put them on all the DAMships! :rolleyes:

That's the pod. You get in it and then they extend it up as you see in the picture, so you can see all around. (No, I am NOT making this up!)

I can't imagine why HAL doesn't rush to put them on all the DAMships!

Oh my word - I can see enough by going to the uppermost deck, thank you. Wow, thanks for the explanation; I wouldn't have guessed what it was.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Oh my word - I can see enough by going to the uppermost deck, thank you. Wow, thanks for the explanation; I wouldn't have guessed what it was.

It's called the North Star. Yeah, it looks goofy and it is amusement park ride-ish, but it's actually pretty cool. The view from that thing is amazing, especially while out at sea underway. Imagine if HAL had one of those...how amazing the views would be in places like Glacier Bay, Panama Canal, Venice, etc. I'm not saying HAL should install these. I'm just saying don't knock it until you've tried it. ;)

ry%3D480

(not my pic)

Edited by Aquahound