Luggage Tags

Always attach it before you go to the ship, this way there is less chance to lose it. If you put it on before your flight it can come off.

Edited by ken_nyc

When should you put on your luggage tags? We always do it after our flight at the hotel.

Our daughter asked why, and I couldn't give her a good reason. What is the correct way and why? I do mean cruise tags.

Same here, after the flight at the hotel. Don't want to confuse the airline people.:eek:

I put mine on my bags before I leave home. If bags get lost, then at least the airlines know where they need to go. If they are torn off, more are available at the port.

Edited by mek

When should you put on your luggage tags? We always do it after our flight at the hotel.

Our daughter asked why, and I couldn't give her a good reason. What is the correct way and why? I do mean cruise tags.

Same here . Unless we are doing carry on luggage then we put it on before we board the plane. Sometimes it's handy to have the luggage tag on when checking with the airline. If the bag is lost or delayed enroute . They will be able to deliver directly to the ship if your overnighting pre cruise.

Edited by Kamloops50

Same here, I always fly in early and never put the tags on before I leave for the port.

In my normal luggage tags I put the hotel plus ship information. On the way home, the home address is showing. Doesn't do much good to have your home address visible when you want the luggage where you are going, not at your house! :)

I put mine on my bags before I leave home. If bags get lost, then at least the airlines know where they need to go. If they are torn off, more are available at the port.

I've seen how airline baggage handlers 'handle' baggage and feel more comfortable if I don't give them the opportunity to lose my cruise ship tags. The cruise line handlers might be just as bad but it still one less opportunity for them to be lost.

I would like to remind everybody that a piece of paper with their contact information and itinerary simply placed on the inside before closing of their luggage will do far more for recovery and routing than concocting more ways to outsmart bag handlers and carousels.

I would like to remind everybody that a piece of paper with their contact information and itinerary simply placed on the inside before closing of their luggage will do far more for recovery and routing than concocting more ways to outsmart bag handlers and carousels.

Excellent point.

The wife has that covered. She puts our address in everything, checked bags, carry-ons, my pocket...:eek:

I agree we I always put our itinerary inside of each checked in bag.