Luggage left at the pier.

Sunnygolf18

My luggage was left at the pier and I'm wondering how often this happens. We got there 5 hours before the ship left. (It was a 9 day cruise and I didn't get the luggage back until I got home!)

Royal Caribbean gave me 1/2 off of my next cruise...NOT ENOUGH for 9 days with no underwear, no bathing suit, no shorts, shoes, formal wear...!

Is that really all they did for you? I would have flipped.

Personally, I think not only should they have let you have (for FREE) at anything you could possibly need as far as clothing and toiletries from onboard the ship, PLUS at least 1/2 off (as in a refund) of the cruise you were currently on.

My luggage was left at the pier and I'm wondering how often this happens. We got there 5 hours before the ship left. (It was a 9 day cruise and I didn't get the luggage back until I got home!)

Royal Caribbean gave me 1/2 off of my next cruise...NOT ENOUGH for 9 days with no underwear, no bathing suit, no shorts, shoes, formal wear...!

I'm surprised they didn't let you choose some clothing from the shops.

Were you not able to purchase clothing at port stops and have RCI reimburse you??

I'm guessing the OP didn't have travel insurance? They'd have to lay out costs for some replacement items during the trip (although I agree the cruise line should have given them something) but they'd be reimbursed if they have coverage.

I'm surprised they didn't let you choose some clothing from the shops.

Were you not able to purchase clothing at port stops and have RCI reimburse you??

me too.

It happened to some people one cruise we were on, and I was in the shop while I was there, I was stunned by how much they were getting, I think pretty much one of everything.

Underwear seemed to be a problem though.