Elite / Platinum Cocktail happy hour

siany_la

I'm curious if ships on Australian sailings have the nightly elite and platinum 'happy hour' in the nightclub / sky walkers?

If so, is it only passenger at the appropriate captains circle level or fellow passengers within the same stateroom as someone who is?

Many thanks,

Sian

I'm curious if ships on Australian sailings have the nightly elite and platinum 'happy hour' in the nightclub / sky walkers?

If so, is it only passenger at the appropriate captains circle level or fellow passengers within the same stateroom as someone who is?

I can only speak to the Diamond. We just did the NZ/Aus cruise, and, yes, the PES lounge was held in Skywalker's. They did not check cards at the door.

I can only speak to the Diamond. We just did the NZ/Aus cruise, and, yes, the PES lounge was held in Skywalker's. They did not check cards at the door.

Wouldn't they check if you ordered a drink? Unless the elite/platinum passenger bought all the drinks on their S&S card. We don't go as none of the drinks offered appeal to us.

Wouldn't they check if you ordered a drink? Unless the elite/platinum passenger bought all the drinks on their S&S card. We don't go as none of the drinks offered appeal to us.

You'd think so, but I did see a blue card order and pay for a round of drinks for the group he was with, a bunch of PES types, I assumed.

Many thanks,

Sian

It is supposed to be only for the PES passengers but it seems people can't follow rules. I love the Stilton. :)

It is supposed to be only for the PES passengers but it seems people can't follow rules. I love the Stilton. :)

If you are sharing a stateroom with someone who qualifies you are also invited. Can you imagine the backlash if a spouse or SO wasn't allowed to join you.

On most ships one can have their choice of about eight different cocktails. The cost is $5.00, plus 15% gratuity.

Every night will have a cheese platter, a veggie tray, and one specialty appetizer.

My DH and I enjoy going. When one of my aunts shared a cabin with me, a blue star was placed on her cruise card. This let the staff know that she was traveling with an elite passenger. There was no problem for her to come to the lounge with me.

Nice! Looking forward to November when I sail. My friends are both sailing separately in Inside Staterooms, 1's on the Plaza Deck, and the other's on Aloha deck, right near the bow, so leaving Sydney Harbour through the Heads and Bass Strait could be real interesting, I've heard they both can be a bit rough!

At least I have the option of walking around inside, rather than out on deck if it's rough-balance isn't my strongest point, and I don't want my cruise ruined through my own stupidity in ignoring a safety issue.

The blue card holder was probably in a suite. We had a suite for our very first Princess cruise to Alaska. It does happen!

I will be both a Blue Card holder, and the occupant of a Suite when I sail. My friend from Boston was told about the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite, and handed the phone to ring me and let me know, with the demand, "If it's too expensive for you to upgrade from a Balcony Stateroom, let me know, and I'll send over the difference for you to upgrade to the Window Suite!" I checked it out, only AUD$500 variation, so only $20 a fortnight extra, quite doable!

8 payments to finalise my Cruise Fare, and another 6 to organise On Board Spending. I want to have this finalised a clear calendar month before I sail, so no nasty surprises!

I've already told the 2 friends who are sailing on the same cruise-no PES function for them, but I can and will organise Canapes so they can bring their choice of drink and join me in the Window Suite for a Pre Dinner Drink. As I will have attended the PES function, I'll probably be on a Mocktail for safety.

Thankyou all for the great advice! So, what actually is included at these cocktail parties? From what I can understand from research discounted drinks and canapés?

Shrimp, Steak Tartare, Sushi and Stilton cheese are some of the nightly rotating options I can remember in addition to the items 'partybarbie' posted as available every night.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Shrimp, Steak Tartare, Sushi and Stilton cheese are some of the nightly rotating options I can remember in addition to the items 'partybarbie' posted as available every night.

Guacamole, salsa and chips, goat cheese, salmon on toast...

Also, there are olives and crackers in addition to the cheeses and veg. dips.

Was on the Sea Princess out of Brisbane last January and February and they did not have the PES on the ship. We were told by the Captain Circle Hostess that they didn't have any area on the ship available to have it.

After becoming platinum, we really enjoyed PES and met some great people. Just a nice way to relax. The last cruise we were on, the PES was not offered. Will be on the Royal in a few days and sure hope we have the opportunity made available once again.

After becoming platinum, we really enjoyed PES and met some great people. Just a nice way to relax. The last cruise we were on, the PES was not offered. Will be on the Royal in a few days and sure hope we have the opportunity made available once again.

On the Royal it is held in Club 6 which is located, of course, on deck 6.

On the Royal it is held in Club 6 which is located, of course, on deck 6.

That depends on the number of platinum & elite passengers and it was held in the Vista Lounge on our Royal & Regal cruises because there were so many eligible passengers.

Wow - that's a great help. Thank-you for that copy!

I have done two cruises where I would be eligible to attend however have never heard it mentioned on board.

Is that card meant to be in your stateroom when you board? Or do you just have to be 'in-the-know'?

Edited by siany_la

Wow - that's a great help. Thank-you for that copy!

I have done two cruises where I would be eligible to attend however have never heard it mentioned on board.

Is that card meant to be in your stateroom when you board? Or do you just have to be 'in-the-know'?

The card should be in your cabin & if not then ask your cabin steward for it. It usually covers about a week & you should receive additional cards on longer cruises.

I doubt any waiter would refuse to take a paying passenger's drink order no matter where it was being asked.