courtesy holds

Silly question but does Royal Caribbean still do courtesy holds on new bookings? I was doing a booking but have to wait until tomorrow to book (waiting on a check to clear) but I didn't see the spot to do a 24 hour hold. The cruise is over a year away but I get as excited about booking my 7th as I did booking our second ( my first was a surprise;))

Thanks

Silly question but does Royal Caribbean still do courtesy holds on new bookings? I was doing a booking but have to wait until tomorrow to book (waiting on a check to clear) but I didn't see the spot to do a 24 hour hold. The cruise is over a year away but I get as excited about booking my 7th as I did booking our second ( my first was a surprise;))

Thanks

The courtesy hold button shows up on some cruises and not others. Have not found the reason.

We were just talking about that here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2258223

After searching and not having a thread come up I posted this question. Of course after that I found the other thread so I do apologize for that. For some reason it is not letting me,as in the button just does not show up. I want to book before the new sale tomorrow. Have to wait for my dd to come home from work and lend her broke mom some money :o.

I even tried using different search engines. Oh well I have time yet.

Thanks Again!!! Just REALLLLY excited.

RCI will no longer provide on line courtesy holds on Caribbean itineraries - this is per two separate conversations in recent weeks with C & A after trying unsuccessfully to do so. I was told this is a recent policy change. I was also told that if you call and talk with a rep directly they could still provide one but it is no longer an option on line. To confirm this, I just tired to do a mock booking out of curiosity and was not given the option. It apparently only applies to Caribbean itineraries.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

After searching and not having a thread come up I posted this question. Of course after that I found the other thread so I do apologize for that. For some reason it is not letting me,as in the button just does not show up. I want to book before the new sale tomorrow. Have to wait for my dd to come home from work and lend her broke mom some money :o.

As Bob wrote, sometimes it is there, and sometimes it isn't. Very random. I was booking a B2B, so obviously on the same ship in the same time frame, and one cruise had the "hold" button and one did not! :eek:

I did not see the threads on this, so this past Friday evening I went to put a hold on a cabin until I checked with DH, and I could not find the button. When I called the Customer service rep told me no more curtesy holds on carribean sailings and did not offer to do it for me.

Good point. Depending on the cruise and how close to sail date, our TA can sometimes get a hold for several days.

Our TA was able to get a 5 day hold over Easter weekend for Jan 2/17 Anthem, which definitely sails the Caribbean. I'd call and ask, the worst they can do is say no.

I did not see the threads on this, so this past Friday evening I went to put a hold on a cabin until I checked with DH, and I could not find the button. When I called the Customer service rep told me no more curtesy holds on carribean sailings and did not offer to do it for me.

They told me the same thing and I even asked if they could do it for me. The answer was no they won't do it on Caribbean sailings anymore. YMMV

They told me the same thing and I even asked if they could do it for me. The answer was no they won't do it on Caribbean sailings anymore. YMMV

Not sure who you spoke with, but the conversation I had where I was told they could do it if you called them was with Crown & Anchor, not the general reservation number. Maybe that is the difference?

I always book over the phone with a Royal Caribbean rep.because I like to be in control of my booking. I'd love to use one and get some "perks" but I'm a bit compulsive so when I see a price drop I want it now...ha ha. If I had a TA I'd have to wait and get in touch and hope they got back to me in time. The last family cruise we went on I ended up with around 4 or 5 price drops some of them were significant. Got a $500 drop the day before final payment! That was the first cruise I ever got a break. Of course it took me that long to figure out how to look for them and that you have to be vigilant. Any way it gives me a fun way to pass the time.

Not sure who you spoke with, but the conversation I had where I was told they could do it if you called them was with Crown & Anchor, not the general reservation number. Maybe that is the difference?

I always call the C&A number. :)

I always book over the phone with a Royal Caribbean rep.because I like to be in control of my booking. I'd love to use one and get some "perks" but I'm a bit compulsive so when I see a price drop I want it now...ha ha. If I had a TA I'd have to wait and get in touch and hope they got back to me in time. The last family cruise we went on I ended up with around 4 or 5 price drops some of them were significant. Got a $500 drop the day before final payment! That was the first cruise I ever got a break. Of course it took me that long to figure out how to look for them and that you have to be vigilant. Any way it gives me a fun way to pass the time.

Like you I always use RCCL certified vacation planner...same one for years. Works for me to be in control too. Last time I used a TA she was in Europe when a major price drop occurred. That cured me.

Did I read that right? You have to borrow money from your daughter to book a vacation?

Did I read that right? You have to borrow money from your daughter to book a vacation?

Yup you read it right!! Her tax return beat mine into the bank. I'd rather die broke and happy then with a bank account full of money for having never lived. No I'm not an idiot just enjoying life. I have some money but none I can spare for the deposit at the moment and she is an adult living at home going to school and working and not paying any rent or food so she had no problem with it. Also I am booking a year and a few months in advance to have time to pay it off, if that is ok with you?

If you're really curious we're going to go on vacation to make up for the one we couldn't do this year since my husband got injured at work last year, hence the being presently low on cash:) missing the second income.

But I'm sure you might have an opinion on that too;)