Does anyone else...

Leaving on a cruise tomorrow- maybe. Kindle was broken on the trip down. I have no real books. I am actually thinking of not getting on the ship until I find a few books.

I know you're joking but board the ship anyhow. Most have libraries that you can use. My DH, who is very, very, very picky, found 2 books on our last cruise.

I love balcony cabins- I had one for my first cruise and we've booked one for this cruise as well, I don't think I could go anything else!

Something I do on the ship that I don't do at home- star gazing! I find the highest/darkest point I can on the ship, lay down on the deck and watch all the falling stars, it's magical!

So I am wondering if anyone else does something odd on cruises that they don't do at home.

Odd? At the risk of offending anybody or being banned for life from CC here it goes........

My DW and I go out on the balcony and ........................................

talk undisturbed for more than 5 minutes. :eek:

Leaving on a cruise tomorrow- maybe. Kindle was broken on the trip down. I have no real books. I am actually thinking of not getting on the ship until I find a few books.

You can get the Kindle app on your phone for free and access all of your books. ;)

Does your ship have a library? I don't know what line you are sailing on (can't see signatures from the app which I am using currently), but Carnival has libraries on their ships that you can borrow books from.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've taken plenty of naps on our balcony but never slept the night out there.

Our favorite thing to do is have our happy hour on the balcony. When you have a drink package it can become a game to get your "stash" of liquor stored up for the couple (or three) cocktails for the day.

People sitting at the bar always ask what we are doing and my husband says "we like to drink in our room" and he kind of does it in a creepy way. I always have to correct him to explain we like to have our cocktails on our balcony.

Haven't been on a cruise yet but have our first booked for December 2016. I specifically chose a balcony room so I'd have a place to escape to if needed. For less than $10/pp more I opted for the aft balcony so I can see both sides as we go in/out of ports. :)

I'm not opposed to sleeping on the balcony if it means I'll sleep better than in a room with a snoring husband.

My first cruise was in a balcony room and I've been in nothing less since then. My last 4 cruises have all been in suites and the one coming up in 2 years will also be in a suite and my first aft!

I love having my coffee out on my balcony in the morning. It's so peaceful. In Alaska, it was great to sit on my balcony while we approached Hubbard Glacier and listen to the "snap, crackle, pop" of the ice floes. We couldn't hear that up on deck because of all the people talking. I can't wait to sit on my balcony with a glass of wine as we cruise by the Na'apoli Coast in Kauai.

Edited by olemissreb

We book a balcony for the fresh air we can let into the cabin.

We also don't like crowds so sitting around the pool area is not our thing.

Don't really enjoy listening to other people's conversations (refer peace and quiet) so we generally have breakfast in our cabin as well, enjoying the fresh air in the morning with the balcony door open.

Enjoy having a drink and a light snack on the balcony in the afternoon. Often pick up something and bring it back from the buffet... then we avoid the buffet crowd too.

Simply love quiet days at sea.

We book a balcony for the fresh air we can let into the cabin.

. . .

Don't really enjoy listening to other people's conversations (refer peace and quiet) so we generally have breakfast in our cabin as well, enjoying the fresh air in the morning with the balcony door open.

. . .

Simply love quiet days at sea.

We are absolutely on the same page with you Pris993.

[begin Rant]

Here is one of my biggest gripes. People who on departure or on port days sit out on their balcony (next to mine) and call their friends back in Iowa to say, "I'm sitting on my balcony drinking my coffee/champagne/beer. So, what's happening back there?" They then proceed to gab trivial gossip with people they haven't seen for up to three whole days. Why do people think that their balcony neighbors really want to hear about the big PTA stink or somebody's husband's hip surgery? It's my vacation, too. :mad:

[End Rant]

Yes. Sea days are the best.