!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Felipe,

Thank you for the fabulous cruise review and the awesome photos. I felt like I was there with you and your mom. I wish I could have been on this itinerary. My wife and I love Old San Juan and, after visiting there once on a cruise, we started to fly down for short trips each Spring. The Oasis OTS and Freedom OTS are my 2 favorite ships. You'll need to try the Freedom OTS sometime after it moves to Port everglades. I'm booked for Harmony OTS in January and will pick up a t-shirt for you.

Thanks for great review.

We are elite plus on Celebrity, but are currently exploring other cruise lines to try. We booked our first non-Celebrity cruise for September on MSC Splendida out of Southampton.

I always had the impression these ships (Oasis and Allure) would be and feel too crowded. Your review surely changes that impression.

I was a little surprised at your final score. After reading day by day, I thought the score would have been in the "Lower 80's".

This ship is now definitely now on our radar.

Thank you Gambee for helping ease my case of PCD or "cruizeblues"! I love reading your comments and looking at your beautiful pictures, I felt like I was there with you & your mom having a lovely conversation! I was also of the opinion that I wouldn't like the big O class ships (too big, too many people, not enough like a ship, yada, yada) but your fabulous pictures convinced me that I should give it a try! The Solarium looked so beautiful and not at all crowded for a spring break cruise. Thank your mom for directing me to your blog. I read your review of the NCL Breakaway and am now reading your review of Carnival Breeze. Another thing I said I would never do (switch lines) that I am now reconsidering. Thanks again, Good luck in Grad school! :)

Wow, what a great read.

I stumbled across this review by accident, but got hooked into it. And now I'm going away to read your other reviews.

We are travelling on the Voyager in October from Hong Kong to Singapore - mega excited.

:)

I've really enjoyed your review, even though I have not posted on it before. My daughter and I will be cruising for our 1st Royal cruise on the Harmony in Nov., so getting to see the Oasis ships through all of your pictures and details has been great.

Funny thing happened at work today...a guy walked into the kitchen with one of the Royal soda mugs. I asked him which ship he went on...he starts telling me he did a 9 night just recently and they stopped in Puerto Rico for the first time. I almost burst out "you were cruising with Gambee!" [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What sailing are you on? We are the November 26th cruise. 14 of us and we are all so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you Gambee for an amazing review. Your pictures were just spectacular. I truly enjoyed your vacation with you. I have traveled to these ports but it's always nice to hear and see them from someone else's perspective. You did an amazing job with such detail. I'm so looking forward to my upcoming cruise on Oasis. Thanks again!!!

Welcome to cruise ship canyon!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-30_zpsgph0fgbm.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-31_zpsvbfgezuq.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-32_zpswzgkqh7l.jpg

They were so close together! I have never seen anything like it before. That dock was so narrow, that I think if they both docked facing forward, their bridges would come in contact.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%207-35_zpsqv1udgez.jpg

Wow, the ships are really close together, and the pictures you took really shows it. I really like the picture of them being docked side-by-side, really nice photo!

This a review written live on the Oasis.

Thank you for a great review and the wonderful pictures. When I got on the Oasis, I felt I knew it already. Your review was a great help and I followed lots of your advice so far. I'm looking forward to your NCL Escape review as I hope to sail on that in the near future as I have a NCL credit to use up.

I must note I was so worried what my balcony neighbours wiuld be like after your horror story. Thankfully no issues. I agree with your conclusions overall (so far). I enjoy Central Park very much and walk it every night.

The Promenade is very much hustle and bustle with lots of sales, contests so it gets quite congested.

What I miss most versus the NCL ships is the thermal suite. I almost choked when I saw four thermal beds facing some doors on the Oasis, not worth 149 per week.

Windjammer food not very appealing.

Otherwise Oasis is amazing

Gambee,

Your review of Oasis was truly amazing! We are just off Freedom last week and booked our next cruise on Oasis. We've never sailed on a ship the size of Oasis and I was a bit intimidated after I booked her for 2017. After reading your review, I am feeling much more sure of my decision to give Oasis a try. I do have one question for you though, do you pre-book the shows you want to see before sailing? On Freedom we just showed up for whatever show we wanted but I thought I read something about having to pre-book them? Is that correct? I hope you and your mom enjoy your next cruise in May and good luck with your schooling for PT, you will be great!

Kathy :)

Gambee,

Your review of Oasis was truly amazing! We are just off Freedom last week and booked our next cruise on Oasis. We've never sailed on a ship the size of Oasis and I was a bit intimidated after I booked her for 2017. After reading your review, I am feeling much more sure of my decision to give Oasis a try. I do have one question for you though, do you pre-book the shows you want to see before sailing? On Freedom we just showed up for whatever show we wanted but I thought I read something about having to pre-book them? Is that correct? I hope you and your mom enjoy your next cruise in May and good luck with your schooling for PT, you will be great!

Kathy :)

Yeah, I believe I did go over it. The reservations will open up online at some time before the cruise, I am not sure on exact days. You might want to call RCCL and find out exactly when they open. Try to book early to get all the times you want. That said, you're able to get into most shows 10 minutes before without a reservation. Granted the best seating is most likely all gone by then, but mom and I were able to make it an still get our seating of choice. The only show that you will not be able to walk into is the comedy show.

Have a great cruise.

Yeah, I believe I did go over it. The reservations will open up online at some time before the cruise, I am not sure on exact days. You might want to call RCCL and find out exactly when they open. Try to book early to get all the times you want. That said, you're able to get into most shows 10 minutes before without a reservation. Granted the best seating is most likely all gone by then, but mom and I were able to make it an still get our seating of choice. The only show that you will not be able to walk into is the comedy show.

Have a great cruise.

Yes you did cover it. I remember because I asked about it and you posted answer.

With almost 1500 posts it is hard to look back and find the exact one! This thread is 8 pages long (and that is without all the extras that many don't have turned off...I can't imagine how many pages it would be that way!!), so there is a lot to look through.

One question...what camera setting (or computer setting) do you use to get the pictures that look like drawings?

Thanks again for great review!

Yes you did cover it. I remember because I asked about it and you posted answer.

With almost 1500 posts it is hard to look back and find the exact one! This thread is 8 pages long (and that is without all the extras that many don't have turned off...I can't imagine how many pages it would be that way!!), so there is a lot to look through.

One question...what camera setting (or computer setting) do you use to get the pictures that look like drawings?

I'm one of those... we're at 73 pages now. ;)

dp

It is called Illustration mode. It is available on some Sony cameras. I actually forgot to use it on this cruise.

All the shows opened up this week for our sailing in September. So I went in & reserved all our shows. Since I've read so many reviews about the Aqua Shows being dependent on the weather, I booked the Oasis of Dreams the day we leave, then CATS, the Headliner show, the Comedy show, Frozen in Time, then last Come Fly With Me. I'll still have an extra day to catch up if I miss anything due to weather.

So thanks, everyone, regarding when to book your shows.

I'm one of those... we're at 73 pages now. ;)

dp

WOW!

When I had a slower computer it took forever for each page to load...I found that turning off the extras was much faster...the pages are longer, but as you can see there are WAY less of them!

And thanks for info on the camera...