LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from the Premier Sailings of the MS Koningsdam

LAFFNVEGAS

Hi Lisa,

sorry if you have already discussed this but how does access to the spa work? We will be first time HAL cruisers, do you have to buy a pass for your entire cruise? or can you purchase a one off day pass?

We would like to visit once or twice but unlikely to use it everyday for a 3 week sailing.

thanks for all the pics

James

It's been my experience you had to purchase the pass for your entire voyage but some have reported they were able to purchase for just one day. I also have preferred to only purchase for one or two days since we have yours everyday.

oh on top of the above I meant to ask were any dine around packages offered at embarkation? did you get any impression if the speciality restaurants were well booked in advance of sailing or was it easy to make reservations once onboard?

thanks

No Dine around package offered,but our friends that got to the ship earlier than us made reservations for Sel de Mer, we had made reservations in advance for Tamarind and Pinnacle. I think rack voyage will be different depending on how many sailed Hal numerous time. Just Tamarind seemed very busy.

It strikes me as odd that the NL really doesn't stock extra pods. We got 2 of each type each day on Oosterdam. Didn't need more than the stewards left for us, but if we'd wanted more the lounge would have been the first place I'd have gone. So what do you do to get more pods, call housekeeping or room service? At least the lounge still has the usual big coffee machine.

The loungers in the thermal suite appear to be upholstered. Are those heated?

Thanks for posting all those great photos!

Yes it's truck me odd as well that NL did not have the coffee pods but they are still trying to get their act together.

The first photo of the Spa is actually the relaxation room where you wait for s treatment.

Btw I forgot to mention the floor of the room where the ceramic heated loungers are is also heat what is a nice touch!!

Yes it's truck me odd as well that NL did not have the coffee pods but they are still trying to get their act together.

The first photo of the Spa is actually the relaxation room where you wait for s treatment.

Btw I forgot to mention the floor of the room where the ceramic heated loungers are is also heat what is a nice touch!!

Lisa, is there still ice cream in the Lido, or Gelato only now?

Lisa, is bread pudding with vanilla sauce still available at the Lido in the afternoon? It would break my heart if it wasn't. I am loving your posts and cannot wait until my December cruise. Hopefully, by then all the little annoyances will be fixed.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for all the great pictures and updates! A couple questions for you:

1. What is the upcharge or pricing for the Culinary Arts Center dinners?

2. Have you checked out the retreat cabanas yet? Would love to see pics of the standard and family size cabanas if you get the chance.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and thanks again!

Lisa, is there still ice cream in the Lido, or Gelato only now?

Is there still ice cream in the Lido? Good question. I hope so. Otherwise is will be death by a thousand small cuts, I mean charges. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes there is ice cream in the Lido that is free although not was many flavors as in the past and only saw one section. Plus the Lido while posted hour seem close to normal they seem to shut down 30 minutes prior so Ludo seems extremely Limited. It's hard to explain but Lido is still the same yet the way they separated the sections it does work and helps people not to line up. There are far more stations but have not seen them all open yet.

Lisa, is bread pudding with vanilla sauce still available at the Lido in the afternoon? It would break my heart if it wasn't. I am loving your posts and cannot wait until my December cruise. Hopefully, by then all the little annoyances will be fixed.

Yes saw the bread pudding [emoji4]

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for all the great pictures and updates! A couple questions for you:

1. What is the upcharge or pricing for the Culinary Arts Center dinners?

2. Have you checked out the retreat cabanas yet? Would love to see pics of the standard and family size cabanas if you get the chance.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and thanks again!

I really do not know much info on the Culinary Arts Center dinners. My understanding there are two different dinners and they alternate. No one seems to know a price so I will try to get that figured out. I had not planned to do this because DH is extremely picky and wants options. Doing this would not likely work for us.

The retreats are up on deck 10 I believe walked past them the second night after my phone/camera went out. I will try to get back that way to take pictures.

Here are screen shots of navigator.hollandamerica.com which is where everything can be found VERY LITTLE is now in the paper daily navigator that is left in your room at night. So for those with out a smart phone or tablet it will make it more difficult. Just my opinion they will need to go back to the old way because things like the shops and bars for promotions will need more information out there. I would not normally be carrying around my phone or laptop.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460441958.633305.jpg.08e2c05b0771720490309e9acbba7429.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460442036.861274.jpg.833ed68605b6789050aa4e3d1a9fdf5b.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460441979.964114.jpg.a87c21377573c4db10dfb946ffad9d30.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460441992.883765.jpg.8b7097081157bad3fd828362dc41f706.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460442007.054332.jpg.977c36c9b3f57d666d2d886d7913a194.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460442020.841103.jpg.b495c8df633386f179dad97b79a700a2.jpg

Thanks for the update on the navigator.hollandamerica site. Am I correct that you do not need purchase internet minutes to access it?

Definitely Do Not Need to purchase the plan to access, but you need to register to access you in line account but no cost.

Lisa, have you noticed anything that has been a big change for HAL on this new ship? Or would you consider the ship an evolution of the HAL brand?

While is is drastically different from the previous Hal ships it still has the underlining feel of Hal. So definitely an evolution of Hal and not at all like other cruise lines.

Definitely Do Not Need to purchase the plan to access, but you need to register to access you in line account but no cost.

What kind of information can you get from the navigator account on your tablet or phone?

Is there any capacity for communication with other pax, like maybe texts?

What kind of information can you get from the navigator account on your tablet or phone?

Is there any capacity for communication with other pax, like maybe texts?

No they do not have the communication with other like Ncl's app has. It just has the 7 categories I showed for your own personal use. Daily activities, entertainment with show information, Shore Excursions, Spa, Dining and connect to the Internet.

I really do not know much info on the Culinary Arts Center dinners. My understanding there are two different dinners and they alternate. No one seems to know a price so I will try to get that figured out. I had not planned to do this because DH is extremely picky and wants options. Doing this would not likely work for us.

The retreats are up on deck 10 I believe walked past them the second night after my phone/camera went out. I will try to get back that way to take pictures.

Thank you! Not a big deal if it's too out of your way. I really appreciate all the information you've been sharing thus far!!

We enjoyed a full day in Katakalon with first going to Olympia then going to Mercouri Vineyards. We got back a bit to late for our early dining but call and Tamarind could get us in so heading back there, I just want some sushi and Edamame and sake [emoji4]

Here are some pictures from today ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460473959.036438.jpg.583c0092186a76470c7199c64c203384.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460474055.471639.jpg.c0cb779b833864adcb8cb3812f4b899a.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460473978.012903.jpg.8b7da2a138d2cf6f6826f7efe7437f8e.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460473992.869033.jpg.6a7cb8844ae6d9f0d52ee5c31ed3588c.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460474015.463970.jpg.5ecb3f4477d22a6547f752c7f2d31344.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460474036.295241.jpg.e2f6ddcd7efa0d8ad7e565303997c570.jpg

Just my opinion they will need to go back to the old way because things like the shops and bars for promotions will need more information out there. I would not normally be carrying around my phone or laptop.

Totally agree. You would think that HAL would realize that its demographic is older folks, most of whom don't carry and are not glued to phones or tablets....

Lisa, thank you for the picture of the gelato bar. I guess I better add about $100 to my budget because there is no way I can pass by without getting one. There was one day in Venice that I stopped at 4 gelato bars. Yummy.

You and I will very likely meet often! I love gelato and, like you, especially when in Venice I am sure to have a minimum of 2 gelato a day.

Gloria