2017 -2018 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Bookings

Coral

Coral

I read on another thread on the Princess Cruises forum that Majestic Princess will be based in Australia & New Zealand in late 2017 / early 2018 - Do you know if this is true or not

Cruisefan2012

I only see: Sea Princess, Sun Princess, Diamond Princess and Golden Princess.

These itineraries are through April 2018.

I thought Majestic was supposed to be in China?

I only see: Sea Princess, Sun Princess, Diamond Princess and Golden Princess.

These itineraries are through April 2018.

I thought Majestic was supposed to be in China?

Princess insist it is Emerald not Diamond in Aus at that time.

Coral

I read on another thread on the Princess Cruises forum that Majestic Princess will be based in Australia & New Zealand in late 2017 / early 2018 - Do you know if this is true or not

Cruisefan2012[/quote/

(fact)golden will be based out of Melbourne,(dodgy fact)golden and majestic will alternate between aus and asia.(dodger fact)because the aus and asia market is growing at unprecedented pace,the nth American market will have all the old ships and the aus/asia market will get all the new ships.:eek::)

Coral

Cruisefan2012

Hope the Golden Princess isn't redeployed-the Majestic Princess only has a Handicapped Accessible Penthouse Suite, and it's out of my price range, if she's sailing from Melbourne. If it's true, she may be replacing the Emerald Princess who is homeported in Sydney to my knowledge.

Just my two cents worth for 2 seasons we have had 5 princess ships based in the Australian summer and all of a sudden we go down to 4 ships as per the recent announcement.

It stands to reason the Majestic Princess will spend the Northern Winter down in Australia for the summer. I couldn't imagine there being too many cruise goers wanting to cruise around China / Taiwan/ Japan / South Korea in near zero temperatures around December and January.

I suspect as she comes down she will do a short two month spell in Australia / New Zealand just as RCL's Ovation of the seas for her first season this coming year in Australia.

Princess will not let RCL take over from Princess in being the most popular line out of Australia, I suspect we should get an announcement a little after the existing schedule has gone on sale on the 21st April when they announce the Asia Schedule.

Its just a guess but stands to reason.

I sail with Princess first, RCI second, Australia 2017, I am going with RCI. I am getting 21days, 8 days Australia, 13 days around NZ for $3,500.

I sail pretty much for itinerary, then price but this time price won over. It is an older ship, Serenade, but I like Brilliance class ships. Sailing solo is tricky and RCI won out. I checked Princess, prices are reduced but 13 days for $3,000 so this time it is RCI.

How about the South Pacific round trip LA that the Crown has been doing. Will the Emerald or another take that route?

I wondered that same thing. Until the Panama Canal expansion is opened, it seems the Emerald Princess will be spending northern winters doing that cruise and/or the Hawaii and Mexico itineraries.