Has anyone brought a Brita pitcher onboard?

Am I crazy to be considering bringing a Brita pitcher onboard in order to filter water? Water and coffee is really all that I drink and I don't want to pay $47 for a dozen bottles of water.

If you are intent on doing something like that, get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Brita-Sport-Filter-Bottle-Turquoise/dp/B004GN8RDY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1460337958&sr=8-3&keywords=brita+water+bottle

21u%2Bj0eH1CL.jpg

Edited by Merion_Mom

I refuse to spend money on water, been drinking ship water for years, either from the tap or from the buffet area. I would not bother with Brita.

I find it needs to be well chilled. But otherwise agree.

There is no need for a filter...the water is already filtered, clean and fine. It will not "run cold" out of your sink, but the ice chills it nicely and it's more than fine.

You can get ice water ANYWHERE on the ship. The food, ice, and beverages are all made with the same water.

I don't drink the water onboard if I can help it (there is something about it that causes me to swell up when I drink it, and it tastes horrid *to me*) (I am not the majority, by the way), but even I would say that you don't need the Brita. After all, there's nothing in it *to filter out*.

But I get the water packages because I DO drink *spring water*, and I love the taste of Evian.

In fact, a Brita pitcher or water bottle does the same thing that is done to ship's water at the bar guns, soda machines, ice makers, and the water dispensers at the buffet or at the wait stations in the dining venues. They all have carbon filters which remove the chlorine from the water. In the ship's case, this is not for taste or purity, but to prevent chlorine scale buildup in the machinery. "Better" taste is a byproduct of this, and many prefer their tap water from a Brita filter for the same reason.

I would assume that's the same water as from the spigot in your room, just frozen then thawed.........

As I stated, it is the same water, but the ice maker has a carbon filter to remove the chlorine, just as the Brita filter would do. The water from your sink tap is not filtered, so there will be a required level of residual chlorine in it.