What are you missing?

With so many choices on where to cruise and what to see, most everyone must have a cruise destination they never seem to be able to get into their schedule. For me there have been three of them I've been pricing and eying for years.

1. Alaska ... and I finally did it last year ... it was SO worth the wait.

2. Transatlantic ... 15 days from now I'll be stepping on board.

3. Rome! Hopefully next year. And I'll do a number of days in the city before I board for a Med cruise. I hope I manage to pull that one together.

How about you?

Been to Rome. One big slum. Parts dirtier than other parts. Want to go to Africa, Drive from Vladivostok to Germany, Ride the Orient Express, Ride a train from Beijing to Moscow and back on 2 different routes. Drive the Alcan, named for all the Oil Cans they crushed and put in it. S America, (going in Dec) on Princess, Fuji, Prince Edward Cn, Norway, Sweden Denmark, Arkansas. Hope to sail up the Ms to the Ar and all the way to Tulsa. I've been inn all 50 states and 20 Countries. Figure on living and traveling til I'm 86 and I'm 67 now. Got a ways to go.

Edited by WupperAV

There are only 2 that I really would want to do that I haven't done Transatlantic is one but main one is the Galapagos. Even though I will be on 59th cruise in 13 days Alaska never interested me. #Will hit a few on bucket list in September with cruise that has 5 stops in Italy including Florence and Venice ( have not seen either yet)

There are only 2 that I really would want to do that I haven't done Transatlantic is one but main one is the Galapagos. Even though I will be on 59th cruise in 13 days Alaska never interested me. #Will hit a few on bucket list in September with cruise that has 5 stops in Italy including Florence and Venice ( have not seen either yet)

Frankly, I was a bit ambivalent about Alaska (as was my DD), but it was the only one of 50 states I hadn't visited, so I had to polish off the quest. And we were both blown away about what an incredible experience it was. We always pick a "highlight" after the cruise ends, and this time we decided we'd had so many wonderful experiences that the entire trip itself rated as the highlight.

Been to Rome. One big slum. Parts dirtier than other parts. Want to go to Africa, Drive from Vladivostok to Germany, Ride the Orient Express, Ride a train from Beijing to Moscow and back on 2 different routes. Drive the Alcan, named for all the Oil Cans they crushed and put in it. S America, (going in Dec) on Princess, Fuji, Prince Edward Cn, Norway, Sweden Denmark, Arkansas. Hope to sail up the Ms to the Ar and all the way to Tulsa. I've been inn all 50 states and 20 Countries. Figure on living and traveling til I'm 86 and I'm 67 now. Got a ways to go.

You should look so good in 2700 years!

My misses:

Sail in or out of New York Harbor

The fjords

West Coast of Africa :eek::eek::eek:

Complete transit thru Panama Canal

Galapagos

Strait of Magellan/Around the horn

Australia/New Zealand

Tahiti

And while Ive done a Westpac

It would be nice to do a Transpacific on a Cruise Ship and not have to stuff my face in the Chiefs gut full of lard:eek:

Alaska - checking it off my list in 46 days!

Transatlantic

Galapagos

I want to see so much of Europe, too, but my preference would be to pick a city/region and stay there for a time instead of visiting it as part of a cruise. But I'll never say never! I saw a great TA itinerary on RC's website that had ports in Spain and it's tempting for sure!

I would love to do a south pacific cruise (australia, NZ), but I am afraid of the smaller ships. I get bored so easily and I am claustrophobic. I much prefer the larger class ships but sadly most of them cant clear that bridge in sydney.

Voyager, Explorer, and now Ovation all sail from Sydney. They are by no means small ships (although Explorer and Voyager are not new, they are not small. Ovation is huge).

Want to do the Greek Islands and would love to do Turkey. But put it off this year because of turmoil over in that region. Maybe next year. We've already done Med from Barcelona to Venice & loved it. Did the Baltic it was ok. Enjoyed British Isles. Always go back to the Caribbean, but really only for the ships & the warmth!!

Hawaii to Australia with many stops along the way including New Zealand.

River cruise between Moscow and St Petersburg. 2019 maybe??

Tokyo Disneyland - DisneySea

Around the Horn (had to cancel last year) - with a couple of weeks in one of my favorite cities, Buenos Aires beforehand.

Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Egypt

Shanghai - Bangkok - Taipei - Hong Kong (Had to pass on this Chamber of Commerce tour in 2008....couldn't be gone that long - 50 days)

Ireland Again with some time over in Scotland.

I'm leaving on a TA plus Baltic, so checks Baltic off my list. I'm booked for Australia/NZ for 2017, and next on my list would be South America, then maybe Asia.

I've sailed Tahiti to Hawaii, transpacific twice, Panama Canal San Juan to LA and LA to San Juan, sailed up to Alaska from LA, New England plus Quebec to Florida, 5 transatlantics, Bermuda and 2 Med cruises.

Cruising since 1982, after my first two, I flew to England for a TA. I've never liked short cruises, out of 25 cruises maybe 8 were 7 days. I started on my cruise list right away but I always had 5 weeks vacation so I was able to cruise.

Edited by susancruzs

Did Alaska (inside passage) on NCL. Would like to do Alaska all the way to Seward on RCI or X.

Need to try New England & Canada on RCI (and the other lines).

Would like to do a complete circumnavigation of South America (with Panama Canal transit) and a complete circumnavigation of Africa.

Would also like to do a world cruise either on HAL or Princess.

Except for two outside view staterooms, all of our cruises have been with inside staterooms (excepting river cruises). Need to try a balcony and then will be ready to get a GS when we lose too much of our D+ perks. ;-)

Edited by Oak Hill Cruisers

Australia & NZ had been on our Bucket List for a long time and finally got our dream trip two years ago and well worth the wait, along with the Transpacific & Hawaii home. I would love to sail from Vienna, see Holland and Switzerland, & Italy. Next August of 2017 we will do a TA from Copenhagen.

Bluelagoon, no worries about the bridge in Sydney, the cruise ships dock just this side of the bridge and go away from the bridge. Great views of the bridge from the Ship

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Now we just do inexpensive 10 day mid-winter breaks to escape the cold.

Future trips will be long and land-based in remote places. though a South Pacific ship-based trip is still possible as is a return to Antarctica.

We want to spend lots more time in Africa and Australia; renting a small place for a few months for an immersive experience is our plan. We might retire outside of the USA.

Edited by Bookish Angel