Raina's Blogging again - Rhapsody "Around the Horn" & Antarctica.

Thanks for the packing tips! You said that you would leave your 100mm lens at home - the 100-400 or a different one? I'm wondering what you used when you got your prize-winning picture of mama penguin coming to her chick's rescue?

I took a 35, 35-100 and the 100-400. Rarely used the middle one.

I took THE photo with the 100-400. I mainly used it on the full zoom.

Raina

Thanks again Raina for your fab blog.

Just wondering you mentioned at the start that you began researching in 2013.

When did you actually book ie how far in advance did you book? I assume as with all cruises, the earlier you book, the cheaper it is?

Hi Raina

I've just finished reading this and I'm blown away by your photos, your memories and the detail you've included.

Thanks so much for sharing all this. BUT - I do have a request - you have link in your signature to the Transpacific Vancouver to Sydney but the link won't work (I think there is one too many http\\ included) and I can't find it with a search - can you let me know the full link please as I'd love to read that one as well :)

Thanks again

Carol

Hi Raina

I've just finished reading this and I'm blown away by your photos, your memories and the detail you've included.

Thanks so much for sharing all this. BUT - I do have a request - you have link in your signature to the Transpacific Vancouver to Sydney but the link won't work (I think there is one too many http\\ included) and I can't find it with a search - can you let me know the full link please as I'd love to read that one as well :)

Thanks again

Carol

Glad you enjoyed it.

Oops to the Trans Pacific.

http://transpacific2014.blogspot.com.au/p/vancouver-eh.html

I shall go fix it. Thanks

Raina

Hi Raina

Thanks again

Carol

Try this -

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2100021&highlight=radiance

• 2 weeks later...

I was just going back through this to copy my text to use to make my travel book.

I love travel books. Coffee table books.

They keep the photos in a medium that you look at and they keep the facts accurate.

I've already look back to check on some facts. I love that - being able to check.

But I did happen to look at some of the lovely comments you all made along the way. So many kind comments. Thank you so much!

So thanks for coming along with me and I hope I have inspired some of you.

Whats next?

Harmony Trans Atlantic in October..(always wanted to do a TA) .... but in true Raina style....."Well if I'm going that far I may as well jump onto Anthem - always wanted to sail out of New York"! Oh and look Navigator has a lovely trip before hand (always wanted to sail out of Southampton) " .... "best make them both b2bs". "Oops".

So off I am going on another huge trip!

Hope some of you will join me. See you then

Raina

Whats next?

Harmony Trans Atlantic in October..(always wanted to do a TA) .... but in true Raina style....."Well if I'm going that far I may as well jump onto Anthem - always wanted to sail out of New York"! Oh and look Navigator has a lovely trip before hand (always wanted to sail out of Southampton) " .... "best make them both b2bs". "Oops".

So off I am going on another huge trip!

Hope some of you will join me. See you then

Raina

Loved this review and have mentally added the itinerary to my "44 gallon drum" list. I'm also on the Harmony TA. I think after all of your adventures, you deserve the ultimate in relaxation that comes with a TA and all of the glorious sea days! Great ship choice, too! We should never lack for anything to do. :)

Kim

• 1 month later...
Loved this review and have mentally added the itinerary to my "44 gallon drum" list. I'm also on the Harmony TA. I think after all of your adventures, you deserve the ultimate in relaxation that comes with a TA and all of the glorious sea days! Great ship choice, too! We should never lack for anything to do. :)

Kim

Kim, Lets catch up for a drink. I'm in room 11323.

Raina

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to be back annoying you all again.

But I am putting a link here to my blog. CC photos disappear after a period of time and I though people might want to see them at a later date.

http://antarctica2016.blogspot.com.au/p/getting-ready.html

And I thought I should share that i just booked again. This time a land trip to Iceland and Greenland then back onto the Sea Spirit to travel through Franz Josef Land to see the Polar Bears. :D

Cheers,

Raina

So thanks for coming along with me and I hope I have inspired some of you.

You most certainly have inspired me! I told my son we are doing an Antarctica cruise when he graduates from college! (that'll give me enough time to save!) He's thrilled already - and he's only a junior in high school!!! LOL!!!

And, I've decided that a bucket is too small for me too! Although here in the States (or at least on my job) we have 55 gallon drums, so I'll be upgrading to a 55 gallon drum list as well!

Thanks so much for sharing and I'm looking forward to your next adventure!!! :p

sorry to be back annoying you all again.

But I am putting a link here to my blog. CC photos disappear after a period of time and I though people might want to see them at a later date.

http://antarctica2016.blogspot.com.au/p/getting-ready.html

And I thought I should share that i just booked again. This time a land trip to Iceland and Greenland then back onto the Sea Spirit to travel through Franz Josef Land to see the Polar Bears. :D

Cheers,

Raina

Will you be doing a review of your next cruise? If so, can you put a link to it here? I wish you safe and happy travels!

Will you be doing a review of your next cruise? If so, can you put a link to it here? I wish you safe and happy travels!

I shall.

I'm also doing a mammoth trip in Oct Nov.

B2B Navigotor - TA on Harmony then B2B Anthem. (With decent internet - I hope)

See you then!

Raina

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I am reading this review a year after you posted and so did miss many of the photos since they didn't show although for some reason a few were still there so I can agree with the exception skills of photography you have. Thanks for the link to your blog, now I can see all the amazing shots to go with the words

Just had to say what a amazing report that even without the pictures you took me there with you and yes, now it is on my bucket list. Doing the basic rounding the horn in 2018 but this has moved onto the list to do Anarctica next time.

I know how much time and effort the report took so thanks so much for the gift of your travels.

Nannette

Edited by dolfndreams

I am reading this review a year after you posted and so did miss many of the photos since they didn't show although for some reason a few were still there so I can agree with the exception skills of photography you have. Thanks for the link to your blog, now I can see all the amazing shots to go with the words

Just had to say what a amazing report that even without the pictures you took me there with you and yes, now it is on my bucket list. Doing the basic rounding the horn in 2018 but this has moved onto the list to do Antarctica next time.

I know how much time and effort the report took so thanks so much for the gift of your travels.

Nannette

Hello.

Yes do it.

I have recently moved my photos to Rainatravels.com then select the Antarctic tab to see The Horn photos. Fantastic trip. ( I see some of them are gone AGAIN, but I shall fix that!)

Raina