Problem with On-Board Credit & Celebrity Website

drychi

My wife and I are leaving on Celebrity Summit in June, 2016. I did our on-line check-in this morning. As I was finishing I noticed the My Cruise portion of the website which I was in the process of closing after completing the on-line check-in process suddenly changed my on-board credit for our cruise from $550 to $300. I saw it flicker and change.

I have had this on-board credit correctly showing on my account for months, including this morning when I opened my account to do the on-line check-in. I called Captains Club and they indicated that my credit was still there in Celebrity's records and would be properly sent to the ship, but acknowledged this is another "problem" with the website. They have received several calls about this problem and have put a "work order" into their IT department to fix it.

If you have a cruise in the next few days or so, you might want to check your account and if it is wrong, get Captain's Club to send you a confirmatory e-mail showing the correct figure which they will be glad to do . I would recommend you take the e-mail with you on your cruise to avoid confusion.

Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

My wife and I are leaving on Celebrity Summit in June, 2016. I did our on-line check-in this morning. As I was finishing I noticed the My Cruise portion of the website which I was in the process of closing after completing the on-line check-in process suddenly changed my on-board credit for our cruise from $550 to $300. I saw it flicker and change.

I have had this on-board credit correctly showing on my account for months, including this morning when I opened my account to do the on-line check-in. I called Captains Club and they indicated that my credit was still there in Celebrity's records and would be properly sent to the ship, but acknowledged this is another "problem" with the website. They have received several calls about this problem and have put a "work order" into their IT department to fix it.

If you have a cruise in the next few days or so, you might want to check your account and if it is wrong, get Captain's Club to send you a confirmatory e-mail showing the correct figure which they will be glad to do . I would recommend you take the e-mail with you on your cruise to avoid confusion.

Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

My OBC has always been tracked by my travel agent, both Celebrity's and my TA's. Never had a problem. Never seen it tracked on the My Celebrity website???

We also have never had any of our OBC (Celebrity or TA) show on the website- however it has always showed up on our account on day 2 of the cruise. We always take the Celebrity Booking Confirmation-Guest Copy and the documentation from our TA with us; fortunately we have never needed either😊

I always take a print out of my OBC with me on Celebrity cruise ships. As much as I love Celebrity cruises, my OBC has been wrong on two of the last four cruises. It has always been straightened out in the end, but not without a few visits to the Customer Service Desk. Frankly, I don't even bother looking at the website any more.

If the website and the accounting would match the cruise product, I would be very very happy.

Ohiodoglover

I had something similar happen. I called Captain's Club and they explained that there are two different categories of OBC from Celebrity in addition to any you received from your travel agent. From Celebrity there is the "basic" OBC from your GO Big-Better-Best reservation deal, and another OBC coded differently if you booked in advance on the cruise ship. They might or might not be accurate on the web site on your account. Just keep your records. When I got my cruise ticket documents all of the OBC was there.

Good evening. Just wanted to say that when I go to the Celebrity web site and enter my password to go to my cruises followed by manage my cruise, my payment and on board credit amounts appear on the right side of my screen. Today my credit amount was back to the proper amount, but the on line check in that I completed and printed yesterday is now showing only 10% completed. Got to love this web site! Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Funny you should mention this.

We went to request luggage tags and discovered our OBC was incorrect. Should have been $300 for the promo and $150 for our on-board booking, but only $150 per passenger was showing.

Called our travel agent who confirmed that the $150 seems to have "dropped off" the reservation. Celebrity was closed so we'll have to call back tomorrow to try to retrieve it.

This is really maddening.

It seems to be ROUTINE that the conditions that I think I've agreed to are NOT properly documented in the paperwork.

Never go by what the website says! If you have it correct on your Celebrity Guest Invoice, then you have it.

If you don't have one of these invoices, you should. Get it from your TA or call yourself if you don't have a TA. Read it to make sure it's correct, print it and bring it with you on your cruise every single time you go. You never know when you might need it. ;)

Never go by what the website says! If you have it correct on your Celebrity Guest Invoice, then you have it.

If you don't have one of these invoices, you should. Get it from your TA or call yourself if you don't have a TA. Read it to make sure it's correct, print it and bring it with you on your cruise every single time you go. You never know when you might need it. ;)

We just checked-in for our May 9 Med cruise but the guest ticket booklet shows only the bev package, even though we have OBC and gratuities from Celebrity. The TA's invoice lists everything though, including the OBC they are giving.

Tried going to My Celebrity/manage reservations, it says check-in completed 100% but doesn't show any perks, OBC, etc. Where/how do I look for this? And is it enough to take a copy of my TA's invoice showing all perks and OBCs? Help! Thanks in advance:)

Prish - I had the same issues. Spent hours on it. Finally, someone in the resolutions department at Celebrity took care of me. They emailed proof of payment in full and all inclusions (gratuities, premium drink, credit and Internet) to my TA who passed it along to me. I feel like my first booking experience with the TA and Celebrity has been a hot mess! I'm bringing all paper docs and emails with me just in case - hope I don't spend vacation time dealing with issues [emoji15][emoji849]

Prish - I had the same issues. Spent hours on it. Finally, someone in the resolutions department at Celebrity took care of me. They emailed proof of payment in full and all inclusions (gratuities, premium drink, credit and Internet) to my TA who passed it along to me. I feel like my first booking experience with the TA and Celebrity has been a hot mess! I'm bringing all paper docs and emails with me just in case - hope I don't spend vacation time dealing with issues [emoji15][emoji849]

My TA's invoice shows all the perks as they should be, but not the guest ticket booklet! Am wondering whether I need to call the TA again to make sure everything is okay and ask them to email me the necessary docs. Did you call Celebrity directly? The problem is they won't deal with you once the booking goes to a TA. What a pain:(:(

Edited by prish

My TA's invoice shows all the perks as they should be, but not the guest ticket booklet! Am wondering whether I need to call the TA again to make sure everything is okay and ask them to email me the necessary docs. Did you call Celebrity directly? The problem is they won't deal with you once the booking goes to a TA. What a pain:(:(

I wouldn't be that concerned until it didn't show up on the in cabin account info by the second day.

The TA invoice should be enough. I don't believe there's anything more your TA can do to get the web site or X's booklet to display correctly. Just remember to take that TA invoice with you.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

After a conference call gone terribly wrong with TA and Celebrity customer service, I called Celebrity Resolution Department. They were so kind and helpful! Since I booked with a TA, they emailed the corrected documents to the TA who in turn, emailed them to me. It took many hours on the phone, but finally is corrected. Not a good first impression!

I wouldn't be that concerned until it didn't show up on the in cabin account info by the second day.

The TA invoice should be enough. I don't believe there's anything more your TA can do to get the web site or X's booklet to display correctly. Just remember to take that TA invoice with you.

After a conference call gone terribly wrong with TA and Celebrity customer service, I called Celebrity Resolution Department. They were so kind and helpful! Since I booked with a TA, they emailed the corrected documents to the TA who in turn, emailed them to me. It took many hours on the phone, but finally is corrected. Not a good first impression!

Thanks lakeliving, called the TA, who spoke with Celebrity and got them to email me the invoices showing all details. ChucktownSteve, I also believe the TA's invoice should be good enough, but my brother's also going with us and he's always expecting some issue or the other:rolleyes: He was the one who did the online check-in and was quite disturbed that the perks weren't showing up on the guest ticket booklet, especially since I had told him it should be there (me and my big mouth!). So I thought it would be more prudent to get a clarification from Celebrity also. Anyway, all's well that ends well:)

I am glad that I started this thread. This is not an isolated problem. If you expect on-board credit do not rely on the website information. It is important that you take your Guest invoice which shows the source and amount of each amount of on-board credit in your voyage account. If you don't have it, or you want to make sure the amounts are correct, I suggest calling Captain's Club and getting a confirmatory copy of the guest invoice to take with you to the ship.

I have been told by Captain's Club employees that the website problem is known and will be fixed, but long time Celebrity cruisers know the website problems are frequent and take forever to fix. What is on the website is not what actually goes to the ship, although it is supposed to be.

Hope this information helps. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

It is also VERY IMPORTANT to realize that those that use a travel agent see different information in their My Celebrity than those that book direct with Celebrity.

It is also VERY IMPORTANT to realize that those that use a travel agent see different information in their My Celebrity than those that book direct with Celebrity.

Good point!

Additionally there are differences not only in what you can see in your My Celebrity account (such as all your billing and payment information and final payment dates with penalty amounts),

but also differences in what you are able to do yourself if you book the cruise yourself online.

Some examples are being able to cancel the cruise yourself just by clicking on the cancel option,

or change your dining options, or link reservations,

or make payments yourself online whenever you want without needing to involve a third party.

Whichever way you do it, there are pros and cons.

Edited by fleckle

When I booked my May 2nd Baltic cruise with my TA back in 2015, I selected $150 OBC per person, $300 total. I then called the TA back 2 other times verifying the OBC, Aug 2015 and Feb 2016 when making final payment) and they told me yes it is direct with Celebrity. Well, after my cruise documents were finalized and I printed it off, nothing showed. I also checked my TA invoice and no OBC showed either (after 2 verbal confirmations from the TA). I just got off the phone with my TA, they showed OBC, but no value on their system. The TA called Celebrity and then called me back. I was told my OBC was switched to the "ultimate beverage package", but I never "switched". I told my TA I was fine with the package and the TA is now asking Celebrity to send confirmation to both me and my TA. Lessons learned, get everything on an invoice from the start.

When I booked my May 2nd Baltic cruise with my TA back in 2015, I selected $150 OBC per person, $300 total. I then called the TA back 2 other times verifying the OBC, Aug 2015 and Feb 2016 when making final payment) and they told me yes it is direct with Celebrity. Well, after my cruise documents were finalized and I printed it off, nothing showed. I also checked my TA invoice and no OBC showed either (after 2 verbal confirmations from the TA). I just got off the phone with my TA, they showed OBC, but no value on their system. The TA called Celebrity and then called me back. I was told my OBC was switched to the "ultimate beverage package", but I never "switched". I told my TA I was fine with the package and the TA is now asking Celebrity to send confirmation to both me and my TA. Lessons learned, get everything on an invoice from the start.

Yes, make sure all the perks show on the invoice when you first book, then when you transfer to your TA. Again after final payment and lastly when you complete your online check-in. Then cross your fingers and pray that Celebrity's computer system doesn't play up when you go onboard! That's where we are at now, haha;);)

Edited by prish

Celebrity doesn't have an Ultimate beverage package, that's Royal Caribbean.

Celebrity has Premium & Classic & Standard. You probably got the Classic as that is the choice when you are taking a beverage package as a perk.