No Journey Cruises out of Galveston? No single rates out of Galveston either:(!

Galleon1234

Sure wish Carnival would start offering them again!

Both of these are done in ports where it makes sense, from logistics to supply and demand. While I cannot say that they won't do a Journey from Galveston, it is tougher as in where you can get to (unless it was a one way cruise each way). Single pricing is just a supply and demand thing. Galveston is by far Carnival's most profitable home port. They don't have to offer single rates.....so they don't. Not what you want to hear, but it is what it is.

Single rates are gone everywhere and for other lines too:mad:

They're there, just extremely rare. We have a Princess Cruise booked for next January. In December Princess had a no single supplement on IS cabins. Must be about 20 singles on the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If the other lines don't wise up solo cruisers Will be sailing NCL and her studio cabins on the new ships. My Valor sailing will be my last on Carnival. I booked in January on Epic. Love many lines but can't afford the double rates.

Edited by miataman19

Both of these are done in ports where it makes sense, from logistics to supply and demand. While I cannot say that they won't do a Journey from Galveston, it is tougher as in where you can get to (unless it was a one way cruise each way). Single pricing is just a supply and demand thing. Galveston is by far Carnival's most profitable home port. They don't have to offer single rates.....so they don't. Not what you want to hear, but it is what it is.

Ft Lauderdale is the highest gross. Galveston is a hard sell.

If the other lines don't wise up solo cruisers Will be sailing NCL and her studio cabins on the new ships. My Valor sailing will be my last on Carnival. I booked in January on Epic. Love many lines but can't afford the double rates.

Those studio cabins look about as big as a janitor's closet with a bed.

Ft Lauderdale is the highest gross. Galveston is a hard sell.

Did I say highest gross? Not the way I remember it. Might want to recheck your Galveston statement as well...... Unless you meant you were selling it, then I believe any Carnival ship would be a hard sell.

Did I say highest gross? Not the way I remember it. Might want to recheck your Galveston statement as well...... Unless you meant you were selling it, then I believe any Carnival ship would be a hard sell.

Ahhhh, Jimbo.... you always have a way with words I admire. :cool:

Ahhhh, Jimbo.... you always have a way with words I admire. :cool:

Just could not let one of my friends throw inaccurate comments against the wall. I am sure he was well intentioned as always but must be a tad confused today.

You guys....lol....

Anyway you look at it, flying form my rural area it is 2000 to 2500..with the air, hotels pre and post, transport and purchasd meals if not eating oatmeal in room for those meals. And not doing everything..sometimes outside..rarely a balcony for one and at least 7 days... Must be all the folks who can drive to Texas.

Sometimes for one and a condo air car bid I can do more days in Hawaii...yes food is higher and yet I eat in more....it is a different deal and I fly to Seattle, Denver, Salt Lake and LA usually to get to last flight there....and you show up with your meat and a bottle of wine at the grill...someone in the condo puts is on..lol.

Getting to point I want nicer digs and food, service, etc. for about the same. Not that I do not like Carnival...but want longer and least amount for best overall experience and some 3 star Maui condos are starting to look mighty good..different I know but I AM fLYING IN AIR ABOUT SAME ANYWAY. LOL...friends just had an all night layover to Maui last night in Seattle.

Having the time to bid and all helps but takes so much freedom...very hard to get that much play time....low gas prices has not helped the traveller..hope it has helped the airline employees etc.

Edited by sjn911

You guys....lol....

Anyway you look at it, flying form my rural area it is 2000 to 2500..with the air, hotels pre and post, transport and purchasd meals if not eating oatmeal in room for those meals. And not doing everything..sometimes outside..rarely a balcony for one and at least 7 days... Must be all the folks who can drive to Texas.

Sometimes for one and a condo air car bid I can do more days in Hawaii...yes food is higher and yet i eat in more....it is a different deal and I fly to Seattle, Denver, Salt Lake and LA usually to get to last flight there....

Getting to point I want nicer digs and food, service, etc. for about the same. Not that I do not like Carnival...but want longer and least amount for best overall experience and some 3 star Maui condos are starting to look mighty good..different I know but I AM fLYING IN AIR ABOUT SAME ANYWAY. LOL...friends just had an all night layover to Maui last night in Seattle.

Having the time to bid and all helps but takes so much freedom...very hard to get that much play time.

Maui condos nice! For us east coasters, it's getting there much like your comments.

Well if I remember right one of the first Journey cruises was from Galveston on the Triumph. They were one way cruises between Galveston and San Juan. They did about 3 of these sets of 2 cruises. Maybe they didn't bring in enough income.

Galveston must be profitable for Carnival since they have 3 ships based there. We are going on the Conquest next year from Ft Lauderdale. At that time the Conquest will be the only Carnival ship based there. So it doesn't sound like Ft Lauderdale is profitable for Carnival. Maybe that is because RCCL has their large ships based there.

Well if I remember right one of the first Journey cruises was from Galveston on the Triumph. They were one way cruises between Galveston and San Juan. They did about 3 of these sets of 2 cruises. Maybe they didn't bring in enough income.

Galveston must be profitable for Carnival since they have 3 ships based there. We are going on the Conquest next year from Ft Lauderdale. At that time the Conquest will be the only Carnival ship based there. So it doesn't sound like Ft Lauderdale is profitable for Carnival. Maybe that is because RCCL has their large ships based there.

Your memory serves you well, it was the first I believe. We will see what the future brings in reference to more. You are also correct about Galveston being profitable, extremely so. That is part of the reason they have three ships there. Carnival brought the Magic there as a brand new ship (think it was the first cruise line to do so, but if I am wrong one of my friends will correct me) and the first to commit to 3 ships there.

Edited by jimbo5544

I think so and with Miami so close and so much competition there...to live there and have the cruise experience and choice and lets's face it...if you are a good gambler and like it..( not necessary but these 'free' deals are all the time)....the world of pearl deals are yours..the best for the least in the eyes of the beholder... all in your oyster.

Maui condos nice! For us east coasters, it's getting there much like your comments.

The older I get..knowing the ropes and the relative safety there in being able to really rent my car and not stress driving myself...and just loving it it there...calls. I want to see more of the world and east coast things as adult and islands there..I think the water is more gentle there and some places are what the early eighties were in Maui for snorkling in calmer waters with less hotels built close in to cruise stops...but I am really in the middle...you are that much further East...add the rural and sigh..well one day we will all be getting there so much faster in different ways...but perhaps not our travel lifetimes..prayers for us all...thanks Jimbo...

Edited by sjn911

The older I get..knowing the ropes and the relative safety there in being able to really rent my car and not stress driving myself...and just loving it it there...calls. I want to see more of the world and east coast things as adult and islands there..I think the water is more gentle there and some places are what the early eighties were in Maui for snorkling in calmer waters with less hotels built close in to cruise stops...but I am really in the middle...you are that much further East...add the rural and sigh..well one day we will all be getting there so much faster in different ways...but perhaps not our travel lifetimes..prayers for us all...thanks Jimbo...

My pleasure Sarah! Same back at you.

Carnival doesn't need to offer single rates out of Galveston because it is one of Carnival's most profitable ports (if not the most profitable).

I don't understand either why Carnival does not offer more journey cruises out of Galveston. The ports out of Galveston are getting old. They could easily change up some ports in a 7 day cruise. They could replace Belize with Costa Maya. They could replace Freeport with Half Moon Cay. They could replace Montego Bay with Falmouth or Ocho Rios.

Carnival doesn't need to offer single rates out of Galveston because it is one of Carnival's most profitable ports (if not the most profitable).

I don't understand either why Carnival does not offer more journey cruises out of Galveston. The ports out of Galveston are getting old. They could easily change up some ports in a 7 day cruise. They could replace Belize with Costa Maya. They could replace Freeport with Half Moon Cay. They could replace Montego Bay with Falmouth or Ocho Rios.

I bet people who often cruise from there are ready for different ports...

Oddly for so many places in west...it is less to fly to Florida than there in Texas..so Texas and coastal environs bring a huge amt of drivers I would guess and they really could be ready for new ports.

I have been to Austin and San Antonio...absolute peak experience trips..just a blast..would enjoy a Galveston cruise...

Edited by sjn911