Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Changing to Pinnacle, if it occurs mid-cruise, is recognized during the cruise, not after. It is the only tier this applies to.

If changing tiers during B2B's (below Pinnacle) the LA should have gotten you your new benefits at the start of the next segment. Your LA did not do their job properly.

Very correct and she really barely could speak English so it is awesome of Royal to put these people in these jobs and they have no clue. I am again finding this more the norm if I needed something. Getting real answers was beyond hard!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am curious if top tier cruisers really do sped less on board?

It has been the opposite for us. When we began cruising we were young parents with not much extra to spend on vacation--we stuffed 4 into an interior stateroom and most cruises the ONLY onboard expense we had was in tips.

Eventually, as our income grew (and so did the kids) we moved to paying for two cabins, at least one a balcony and enjoying an upcharge meal or two.

These days, we normally book two balconies, my husband usually gets a drink package, I might get a massage or DS might make use of a personal trainer, we do some shopping ,etc. We spend more with each passing year, not less.

We are Diamond, moving our way towards D+....and perhaps our spending has changed. We are not big drinkers, no matter what.....so the 3 drink coupons work for us and/or use of the DL. Maybe a few drinks during a cruise during the day additional -- maybe. Photos- early on perhaps we wanted more photos, now the 1 free photo as a reminder that we sailed that ship, works for us.....we take plenty of our own with personal cameras.

Our excursions have changed, to perhaps more expensive ones, and we do like to book thru Royal if it is along day excursion, so the ship won't leave w/o us if there is some delay back to the ship. As you say, our income has changed so perhaps different pampering gets done on board as a special item. We are not into the Specialty Restaurants, unless a ship has Izumi -- then we will take advantage of a dinner, maybe 2 there.

Perhaps as well the consideration to cabin changes....although we have never and I don't expect we ever will consider an inside cabin. I NEED to see the water, somehow. We prefer balconies, but we have indulged in a suite along the way.

After reading all this it looks like our next cruise will be an interesting one for us. We are doing six B2B's on Navigator beginning this Sunday. If the May 1st implementation date is firm, we will be D+ for our April 24th and April 30th cruises. We become Pinnacle on the third leg; that's the Trans-Atlantic that begins on May 8th.

So it looks like we can use the CL for the April 24th and April 30th cruises then we cannot use the CL for the May 8th Trans-Atlantic and then we can use the CL again for the May 21st, May 30th and June 6th cruises.

Just hoping they don't' simultaneously increase the Pinnacle requirement from 700 to 1,000 (as some have suggested) at the same time.

Talk to the concierge, he will liaison with Guest Services to ensure you get your Gold Card for the 4th leg.

Any of my friends that did B2B's or more and turned Pinnacle during one of them were recognized during the cruise they turned and given a gold card thereafter.

One such occasion occurred as recently as Feb. of this year.

This also depends on the ship, the concierge and the loyalty ambassador. In January, I knew two couples who became Pinnacle Club members on Freedom and had to continually ask for their photo from celebration, and did not receive gold cards that cruise. Last week and week before on Liberty, there were big celebrations in the diamond lounge after cocktail hours and after the Pinnacle couples were recognized at the upper tier event. Both these couples received gold cards.

I thought you believed it at one time. ;)

You never know....could happen, but the other "talk" regarding concierge lounges becoming suite lounges and of D+ being booted out are factual.:( so, if I do go with Laura on Jewel, I will have to get a suite or quickly make my move to pinnacle club before then.;)

Edited by cruising grandma

Please explain how you came up with that figure? Yes the perks are nice, but we cruise to relax and enjoy all the ship has to offer and have cruised other lines as well.

It fairly easy to get well over that number, even more on a double digit day cruise (10+).

C&A D+ Balcony discount

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

3 free drinks/night x 2 x $8 = $48/ night x 7 = $336

$80 x 2 = $160 off internet access.

2 free pictures = $50

2 free bags of laundry = $60

That's $856 right there, and that doesn't even cover all of the coupons.

We love to cruise, and obviously we didn't get all of these perks for most of the 12 years we have been cruising. So perks aren't everything. But after 20 cruises the perks keep us coming back to the same line.

Edited by steveru621

You never know....could happen, but the other "talk" regarding concierge lounges becoming suite lounges and of D+ being booted out are factual.:( so, if I do go with Laura on Jewel, I will have to get a suite or quickly make my move to pinnacle club before then.;)

Laura said you all usually hung out in DL on Freedom.

What I am going to ask from you, may be of little interest to you, but I will ask anyway. Could you let me know who the Activity Manager is onboard your sailings?

It sounds like a great time will be had by you and yours on that lengthy sailing on Navigator. I am sure you will have a great time!

Will be happy to post once we get on board.

This also depends on the ship, the concierge and the loyalty ambassador. In January, I knew two couples who became Pinnacle Club members on Freedom and had to continually ask for their photo from celebration, and did not receive gold cards that cruise. Last week and week before on Liberty, there were big celebrations in the diamond lounge after cocktail hours and after the Pinnacle couples were recognized at the upper tier event. Both these couples received gold cards.

You are so right! Just another example of RC's inconsistency -- that's why I advised the couple who asked to speak with the concierge - I have always found the concierge albeit DC or CC to be quicker at resolving issues than the LA. Of course, there are exception to that as well.

Can't book full suites anymore since they aren't built out as accessible (which is a crying shame) so I would essentially vote myself out of the SL for life.

There is one accessible L1 Crown Loft Suite on each Oasis Class Ship.

After reading all this it looks like our next cruise will be an interesting one for us. We are doing six B2B's on Navigator beginning this Sunday. If the May 1st implementation date is firm, we will be D+ for our April 24th and April 30th cruises. We become Pinnacle on the third leg; that's the Trans-Atlantic that begins on May 8th.

So it looks like we can use the CL for the April 24th and April 30th cruises then we cannot use the CL for the May 8th Trans-Atlantic and then we can use the CL again for the May 21st, May 30th and June 6th cruises.

Just hoping they don't' simultaneously increase the Pinnacle requirement from 700 to 1,000 (as some have suggested) at the same time.

Have no clue what the changes might be, but we just made Pinnacle last week on the Liberty and the points will be posted by this Saturday. When we see the changes hopefully we will be ok.

Are there any rumors about the hours of Happy Hour being reduced? Celebrity limits the Happy Hour to two hours each night ( 5PM -7 PM). I believe RCCL 's has a 3 1/2 hour Happy Hour depending on times of first seating. Thanks.

Kathy

Are there any rumors about the hours of Happy Hour being reduced? Celebrity limits the Happy Hour to two hours each night ( 5PM -7 PM). I believe RCCL 's has a 3 1/2 hour Happy Hour depending on times of first seating. Thanks.

Kathy

Have not heard that one yet, but I'm sure we could start it up. Maybe a new thread?

Kathy

For us this is one of the spots RCCL shines above Celebrity. The fact they have the longer times so no matter when you have dinner you have a chance to enjoy the lounge plus they have 3 drinks on your card as well.

If they cut back then we might as well just well stick with Celebrity as we are Elite+ and get more perks as we are just Diamond on RCCL.

I do not think the D will be removed from the DL. H

Harry, my best guess is that you are correct for now. I believe that Royal will try to just squeeze in the pluses and see how it goes. But I also believe that it will not go well and that eventually the D's will be kicked out and just have coupons. Part of my belief comes from Royal seeming to prefer boiling the frog slowly vs just ripping off the bandage and getting it over.

Harry, my best guess is that you are correct for now. I believe that Royal will try to just squeeze in the pluses and see how it goes. But I also believe that it will not go well and that eventually the D's will be kicked out and just have coupons. Part of my belief comes from Royal seeming to prefer boiling the frog slowly vs just ripping off the bandage and getting it over.

Someone said the frog is sweating. ;)

For us this is one of the spots RCCL shines above Celebrity. The fact they have the longer times so no matter when you have dinner you have a chance to enjoy the lounge plus they have 3 drinks on your card as well.

If they cut back then we might as well just well stick with Celebrity as we are Elite+ and get more perks as we are just Diamond on RCCL.

You are correct. If someone eats at 5:30pm that in effect eliminates most of that benefit. Lucky we eat at 8:00 to 8:30 pm.

There is one accessible L1 Crown Loft Suite on each Oasis Class Ship.

Whoopee. 1 whole cabin out of how many? My perception is forever altered. Now if they just had a shuttle bus to get you around on the big barges we might consider cruising on one of them. ;)

I'll stick closer to the Radiance class (which has 2 JS's - nothing higher) as at least everything isn't 5 miles away from the cabin.