"Live" - Aloha - Radiance of the Seas 20 April 2016 - Hawaii to Vancouver

Thanks Bill. I spent some time in Maui in college for tropical marine biology classes. Although that was many years ago, it still seems so odd to no longer see the hillsides covered in sugar cane. I am familiar with the changes in production.

But we all grew up with..."C&H ...pure cane sugar...from Ha-wa-ii...." . :D

We remember the commercials.

Thanks! Love your reviews! :D

Thanks for following along. We have only been coming to Maui for about 15 years but we have seen a lot of changes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Great photos and trip report! Enjoying the reading :-)

There's a rumour doing the rounds that the green stairs will be removed in Radiance's dry dock 1st May. Perhaps you can find out for us! Lol

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the great pictures of Maui and especially Lahaina from the ship. Maui is our favorite vacation spot and is one of the reasons we don't cruise more often.

I look forward to seeing more photos of your trip. Have a wonderful cruise!

I dropped Marie under the banyan tree to explore the area while I returned the rental car. Now just waiting for the shuttle back

Did you rent the car for both days? If so, where did you park it overnight? Also, which rental car company did you use and where was it located? Sorry for all the questions but just trying to figure all this out for our overnight in September! You mentioned you were waiting for the shuttle back to pick up Marie from under the banyan tree - did the rental car company provide the shuttle? LOL - again, sorry for all the questions!

Edited by impatientlywaiting

Did you rent the car for both days? If so, where did you park it overnight? Also, which rental car company did you use and where was it located? Sorry for all the questions but just trying to figure all this out for our overnight in September! You mentioned you were waiting for the shuttle back to pick up Marie from under the banyan tree - did the rental car company provide the shuttle? LOL - again, sorry for all the questions!

We used Alamo for the two days. We parked in the big lot behind the cinema that is across from the banyan tree. $15 for over night. If you go back another block or two you may find street parking but watch the sign.

The rental companies run shuttle to the pier but allow at most one driver and one passenger. We just shared a cab with another couple ($20) total.

Great photos and trip report! Enjoying the reading :-)

There's a rumour doing the rounds that the green stairs will be removed in Radiance's dry dock 1st May. Perhaps you can find out for us! Lol

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were told at the meet and mingle no major work so it may stay.

Formal night tonight. Marie and I had our picture taken at the green staircase. For some reason I thought I was told it had been removed. Curious

95162f8f19f81b317e76fca37556952d.jpg

8387625295f70ca49caa07cd71baa8e0.jpg

3e7c7123300418934b37955f33b093e4.jpg

Great photos! I may have been the source of the green staircase being removed rumor. It was when we were on Jewel, and they decided to not remove it during dry dock.

After the snack at Fish Hopper we headed back on board as Marie wants to use the pool. We had a little hassle with the fresh flowers we bought at the market. The first guy was saying no fresh flowers. I requested he call the ship and they told him it was ok.

When we got on board the first guy said no but the officer on deck said ok.

I was carrying them when I went through the scanner and I beeped probably due to my metal knee. But the security guy grabbed the flowers and was going to dig through them. Thankfully the officer came back over and told him they are just flowers, give them back.

It's all good, we have them in the cabin and they smell amazing.

f5959a58c3457433f0677596dabb09b6.jpg

After the snack at Fish Hopper we headed back on board as Marie wants to use the pool. We had a little hassle with the fresh flowers we bought at the market. The first guy was saying no fresh flowers. I requested he call the ship and they told him it was ok.

When we got on board the first guy said no but the officer on deck said ok.

I was carrying them when I went through the scanner and I beeped probably due to my metal knee. But the security guy grabbed the flowers and was going to dig through them. Thankfully the officer came back over and told him they are just flowers, give them back.

It's all good, we have them in the cabin and they smell amazing.

f5959a58c3457433f0677596dabb09b6.jpg

That is just so weird. I had no problem bringing mine on, either from security on land or on the ship. They were actually very nice about it. I wonder if I came back onboard before or after you did? Talk about consistency -- :eek:

That is just so weird. I had no problem bringing mine on, either from security on land or on the ship. They were actually very nice about it. I wonder if I came back onboard before or after you did? Talk about consistency -- :eek:

We came back around 11:30 as Marie wanted to go to the pool. Maybe we blazed the trail. [emoji12]

the flowers are gorgeous!

what is that drink? some sort of bloody mary? it looks like it's almost a meal!

It is their ultimate seafood Bloody Mary. There was bacon wrapped prawn, crab cake slider, Dungeness crab meat lemon cup, crab stuffed olives, fresh oyster, picked green beans.