"Live" - Aloha - Radiance of the Seas 20 April 2016 - Hawaii to Vancouver

For our pre-cruise hotel we will be staying at the Hale Koa on Waikiki Beach. This is a government owned hotel available for active and retired military and DoD personnel. It is right next door to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. The big advantage to this place is just $129 a night for an ocean view room. :D

25816546243_199fc95d9a_o.jpg

Once on the ship we have an E1 balcony cabin on the deck 7 hump, 7600. We had an oceanview cabin booked and switched to a Balcony Guarantee for $190. We then swapped around till we got on the hump. Tried to get an aft balcony but they didn't include the D1s in the guarantees so this will be our first Hawaii cruise that is not an aft, oh well.

26393391436_286b971689_b.jpg

Good info to know about Hale Koa. That will be on our bucket list to stay at.

Arrived, grabbed the luggage and caught our shuttle to the Hale Koa hotel.

7a6f9815a9a42526eeaf783359f52388.jpg

b4fd70e8c1627f6722cf20c984379f85.jpg

43d6f212307572821022f93c1e97ef85.jpg

15ea0e25954cf0a95d5a5e29d55d609c.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Bill, are those views from the Hale Koa? They are magnificent! How come the views from McChord are not like that? 😆

Thank you for taking the time to do this live report.

im fixing for a cruise right now this should help a bit. If you able can you get pics of hilton hawaiian village want to stay for our next annaversary

Beautiful resort!!! We only stayed one night but would definitely want to go back. Pics in my review link below, days 11 and 12, I think.

Following along. We would have liked to do this cruise in reverse in September but my DH couldn't get the time off work. We will be on the Hawaii to Sydney portion though :D

Enjoy your cruise and I look forward to following along.

Which Jewel west coast cruise did I miss? I was one three of them. :p

This was the 8 day from Vancouver to LA last Sept. I saw you on the roll call and I think you switched to a Hawaii itinerary.

Enjoy your trip... I will be sailing along on CC... :-D

Thanks for taking the time to do the live review...

Edited by floatel_lvr

Bill, are those views from the Hale Koa? They are magnificent! How come the views from McChord are not like that? 😆

Thank you for taking the time to do this live report.

Yes that is from our room at Hale Koa. Pretty nice for $129 a night

Bill and Marie.....thanks for taking us along on your latest adventure. Bon Voyage and have fun! :)

Bill and Marie,

Have a great trip.

Raina

Thanks for the well wishes, so far it's been great. Very breezy yesterday but we avoided the rains they had on Sunday so all was good.

I am needing to adjust to the time change. I was planning to sleep in this morning and was up by 4:30 AM. Well that is 7:30 back home. :p

We were at the Paradise Cove luau last night. I recognize Marie. You had a matching shirt and a hat on correct?

Yes we did. Last time we wore those was here on Honolulu in 2003.

Thanks for the well wishes, so far it's been great. Very breezy yesterday but we avoided the rains they had on Sunday so all was good.

I am needing to adjust to the time change. I was planning to sleep in this morning and was up by 4:30 AM. Well that is 7:30 back home. :p

Tell me about it! I've been wide awake since 2am, but didn't get up until 3:30. This has got to stop, lol!

Marie looks wonderful, it looks like you had a good time last night. We ate at Moose's with friends. You'll meet them tomorrow, or at some later time. Weather report for today is excellent for Oahu! :D