rooms on the bump

RMac713

I am looking at Reflection for one of my options for a cruise next March. Based on some reviews, I know people like to book the rooms on the bump. But when I look at rooms available online, the only bump rooms are on the sloping edges of the bump--not the straight part. Are those rooms just as good? What is a good deck that has rooms above and below?

I am looking at Reflection for one of my options for a cruise next March. Based on some reviews' date=' I know people like to book the rooms on the bump. But when I look at rooms available online, the only bump rooms are on the sloping edges of the bump--not the straight part. Are those rooms just as good? What is a good deck that has rooms above and below?[/quote']

Good question!!! I just booked a "bump" room on the Resort Deck, C-2 on Silhouette for TA cruise in November and await responses with you.

You don't want the straight part if you want a cabin on the hump. The first and third cabins have the largest balconies on the hump, but all of them are very good. For example, cabin 1243 has one of the largest balconies. It is the same on different decks and port or starboard on the "S" ships. There is information and photos on this site and if you "google."

As far as decks go, I personally enjoy deck 10, which is the Sky Deck. There are cabins above and below and they are quiet. Additionally, I prefer to be on the backside of the hump because there is less wind. However, if you look at all of the decks you can see quite a few that have cabins above and below. Again, go on Celebrities web site or just "google" it. all of this information is also available on this web site too.

Edited by Lastdance

You don't want the straight part if you want a cabin on the hump. The first and third cabins have the largest balconies on the hump, but all of them are very good. for example, cabin 1243 has one of the largest balconies. It is the same on different decks and port or starboard on the "S" ships. There is information and photos on this site and if you "google."

I bolded the important part in Lastdance's post in case you missed it.

The good rooms are on the slant or as you referred to it the sloping part.

Decks 7, 8, 9, all good.

I am looking at Reflection for one of my options for a cruise next March. Based on some reviews' date=' I know people like to book the rooms on the bump. But when I look at rooms available online, the only bump rooms are on the sloping edges of the bump--not the straight part. Are those rooms just as good? What is a good deck that has rooms above and below?[/quote']

The cabins on the sloping part of the bump (e.g. 1A cabins) have balconies that are much larger than other standard balconies. However, on the straight part of the hump (e.g. 1B cabins), you can see forward and aft.

You are also very close to the aft elevators, which in our opinion, is a big benefit. You can't hear any noise from them.

The ones on the side are the sought after ones, the angled balcony gives almost double the balcony space than most other balcony cabins. Check whether it's a connecting or not. Those that are, the cabin door opens in rather than out and clashes with the bathroom door. Try to get a non connecting one

We had a 1A on deck 8 on the Silhouette on our Baltic cruise last May/June. Our cousin had the cabin next door. Both 1A, both on the slant. Our cabin steward opened the balcony for us and we had a HUGE balcony, not just a big one. We had a similar 1A on Solstice in Australia/ New Zeland in November and really enjoyed the larger balcony. The ones on the straight part of the hump just have standard size balconies and you are paying for location.

We were just on Reflection in February on slant hump, facing forward, cabin 9266. The balcony was huge, with both shade and sun. It was so convenient being close to the elevators, but so quiet. We would definitely book it again.

We were on the Reflection last summer. Deck 9 on the slant of the hump facing forward. Great location near the elevator but you won't hear it. We liked it so much we booked the same cabin this year on the Eclipse.

Did the same the thing is I do not remember having a larger balcony Lol. the good part was we were still able to lean out to see the Aft

Noise was only loud when the door opened how loud depends on your ears the downside of that is;

the Slant on the Interior is the spot for people to leave their Dirty dishes and the Cleaning cart.

And when you have the door open for short time or so, everyone gets a view... just my opinion

We love any room as long as a Balcony is present and the rooms on the outer of the Hump you see a full view of the Ocean and ports vs seeing only partial.

Hi - we had a forward facing hump on the Equinox and really enjoyed the larger balcony and excellent view forward. Only possible downside is that the stateroom was a little darker than we were used to because the balcony was so deep that the sunlight did not come in as much.

We have a rear facing hump for Alaska, so it will be interesting to see "where we've been" rather than "where we are going." :D

Have a wonderful cruise.

Hi - we had a forward facing hump on the Equinox and really enjoyed the larger balcony and excellent view forward. Only possible downside is that the stateroom was a little darker than we were used to because the balcony was so deep that the sunlight did not come in as much.

We have a rear facing hump for Alaska, so it will be interesting to see "where we've been" rather than "where we are going." :D

Have a wonderful cruise.

I think you will love the aft facing hump balcony for Alaska. We had a forward facing hump on Silhouette in the Med (9270) and loved the larger balcony for that itinerary however we did get alot of wind coming in and when it was cooler had to stand back from the edge to avoid this. Because of this, we ended up booking a cabin along the hump for our Alaska cruise on the Solstice. We loved that cabin even though the balcony wasn't huge...was great to be able to see forward, aft and down without the colder winds you'd get on the forward angled humps. Guess it depends on your itinerary whether the forward humps are worth the extra category cost. We would most certainly book a hump cabin again...even without the larger balcony

We had a rear facing slanting balcony on our recent Eclipse cruise. While I liked the space, I often found myself frustrated that I couldn't see forward. This is just a personal preference of mine, but I do like to see where the ship is going rather than where it has been.

Also, our balcony looked down over life boats. That is a small matterand didn't interfere much with the view. It was never noisy except the port call in which crew lowered every life boat for testing. That activity seems to cause a lot of hammering, drilling, shouting instructions and what not.

I'm not griping. I would rather have that nice balcony than no balcony. My neighbors on both sides were very quiet and I seldom heard them in two entire weeks.

Hi - here's a pic of angled-slant 'hump' balconies and you can see the depth of the 4 balconies on the slant on each deck. Just booked 9209 on Eclipse for 2017 trip. Happy Cruising.

Thanks for the photo greydog....we're in 2111 on Silhouette for our TA and one of the reasons we chose it was the proximity of the elevators since I have walking issues. We've been on Infinity and Eclipse and going next on Summit where we have an aft cabin and all we can see is the ship's wake.....I LOVE it!!

I can sit on my balcony and watch the wake for hours....very soothing. I wondered why my cabin level changed from C-3 to C-2 when I booked the "hump" now I know and I'm delighted!!!! :D

Really like the S Class ship but I'm not a fan of the hump/bump cabins. Due to vibrations from 2 past cruises on mid/aft hump/bump on S Class ships, I prefer cabins between the 2 elevator banks. It seems to me the vibrations are from either the elevators or possibly from the open design feature which runs from deck 3 all the way up to the pool located on deck 12.

We had 1122 on Silhouette last year and it was perfectly located, just a couple of steps from the elevator/stairs. Very large balcony and we felt the room was a little larger that our previous Aqua balcony. No noise/wind.

We have booked "hump" cabins with the slanted balconies several times and enjoyed the extra space. One thing that was a bit of a concern for me on our last cruise was that we booked the cabin on the "inside" of the hump, next to the cabins without the slant (it's difficult to explain what I mean but it would be something like cabin 7258 on the Equinox). The people in the next 2 cabins (so 7254 and 7256) were travelling together and had the partition down between their two balconies. This meant that when we were standing at the rail on our balcony it was hard to avoid having a full view of their balconies. I felt that I was invading their privacy just by leaning on the rail watching the waves go by, so I retreated to the interior of our balcony whenever they were present. I would not book this particular cabin and location again, but this was not a problem with other "hump" cabins on the slant. The extras space is really nice.

• 1 year later...

I’ve had 1122 on Equinox, it was a slanting hump balcony, big, but not as big as next door

This time I have a balcony on the flat part of the hump, I assume that will be the same size as a normal non hump balcony ?

I quite fancy seeing both ways as long as it’s not a smaller cabin or balcony

I’ve had 1122 on Equinox, it was a slanting hump balcony, big, but not as big as next door

This time I have a balcony on the flat part of the hump, I assume that will be the same size as a normal non hump balcony ?

I quite fancy seeing both ways as long as it’s not a smaller cabin or balcony

You're correct. The slant balconies are larger. Here's a link to cruisedeckplans.com. There's notes about cabins with larger balconies that you can see by hovering over the stars. https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Celebrity-Equinox

Also, 1122 has the bed near the bath.