Early dining sold out for June 2017

Zoedokey

We've never had anytime dining so I can't answer that question, but we booked a cruise for October 2017 this past January and we were told that both Early and Late Seating were full and we were given Select dining. Guess we will find out.

I was told by my TA that sometimes Celebrity just block it off, and will be available later. Check with your TA in a few weeks or months. Anytime is great. Longest we ever had to wait was about 20 mins at peak times, you get a beeper, so it doesn't really matter. And if you're looking for early dinner, if you show up early for anytime, you're almost garanteed a seat. Also you can make reservation early dining at anytime dining for the rest of the cruise if that's what you prefer.

Get on the waitlist for early dining chances are good you will get that,

Select dining is fine we like the flexibility however we do miss dining with the same people & same servers every night. If you enjoy dining with others In Select dining you can the host/hostess to be seated at a shared table. They are generally tables for 6, we have met some great people at those tables.

It seems so strange that the ship would already be so sold that early dining was already not available for NEXT June.

How is anytime dining?

I had the same problem with my October cruise and my TA told me not to worry that dining times are not assigned this far ahead, but if I was concerned since DH is diabetic and needs to stay on a schedule for meals I should call them, I did and we were immediately guaranteed early dining. Now I no longer worry about being "wait listed" for early dining on my next cruise because I know it won't be a problem. I also really liked having the same wine steward and waiter every night....by the second night he knew what kind of wine I liked and that we drank decaf coffee. He also knew that I loved shrimp cocktail and brought me a double one every night!! :D

We have had that problem ( wait listed for early dining) on our last 4 cruises and have always been able to get early dining. Don't know why Celebrity does this but I wouldn't worry.

J.

We have had that problem ( wait listed for early dining) on our last 4 cruises and have always been able to get early dining. Don't know why Celebrity does this but I wouldn't worry.

J.

i was told that they do this to allow both to reach a certain point, then open more up...sounds feasible, but one never knows for sure when talking to different agents.

Its just another con by Celebrity! They want people to sign up for anytime dining so that customers pay their tips up front.

Well that would sound good, but I'm pretty sure that Celebrity no longer requires up front payment for tips for Select.

Besides that it's Select that I and another poster here CAN'T get. I'm pretty sure that's because so many are selecting it now that they no longer have to pay tips is what's causing it. In 6 or 7 years of cruising Celebrity I've always been able to get Select.

I don't think that they require prepaid gratuities upfront anymore, to book Select dining. :cool:

Absolutely correct. No more prepayment of gratuities for select!

We love select, you can request the same waiter, assistant and sommelier also. So they get to know you same as with set time dining.

Select dining is good. Just reserve a table for the time and size you want. Call Captains Club and request a reservation. I have done it many times. Select dining also allows you the flexibilty to dine at a different time on some nights. If you take a late excursion, you may want to dine a bit later. With select, just call the maitr'd and request a table. After dining in select, you won't want to do traditional again. Open seating is becoming the new normal. it will probably become all open sometime in the future. It is the best way to use the dining room. It will eliminate the empty seats when guests decide to eat somewhere else.

Reasons also include that Elite and above are given preference for dining so they hold tables in reserve beyond final payment to cover those that book up to the last minute. Example of this was we booked recently on Silhouette four weeks before departure. Early dining showed full until I booked and then we were given the choice of early dining. Ship was almost full when we booked yet we still get 6PM. Ship sailed full.

Reasons also include that Elite and above are given preference for dining so they hold tables in reserve beyond final payment to cover those that book up to the last minute. Example of this was we booked recently on Silhouette four weeks before departure. Early dining showed full until I booked and then we were given the choice of early dining. Ship was almost full when we booked yet we still get 6PM. Ship sailed full.

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with being Elite.