Concierge Class boarding day lunch

Michyfis

Aqua class has different and more costly amenities than Concierge, along with a dedicated dining location, therefore the cost of the class is higher than Concierge; this doesn't make Aqua an 'upgrade' in class, just in price and amenities. CC pays quite a bit more than Verandah class, so this dining extra benefit is appreciated as all of the perks really don't justify the higher cost. Categories are 'classed' according to amenities received. Suites have a walloping fee and deserve the extras they receive. This whole thread sounds like the antiquated 'steerage' vs 'first class' discussions of the early 20th century. IMHO we all receive wonderful service from staff no matter where we're located.

Absolutely, could not agree more, I think your comments should end the debate :)

Cheers

Gerry

No, don't think this is a new process. You are correct. They do board together. Think someone has their knickers in a knot. :D

must be based on the size ship...how many they have in each group, etc but that's how it went on our last few cruises out of Port Ev.....most recently in Oct

...Best on X was when we had a cruise out of the newer Royal C terminal and they combined Suites and AQ. Best boarding for us was Oasis....so many pax but ran very smoothly

No big deal to us as long as we get onboard with a minimum of stress....AQ still our preferred package but we'll see what Edge ships offer...

But only Concierge gets the lunch so hopefully worth waiting for

We dearly miss B on 5.,. Previously our go to lunch spot most days including boarding day,,.sushi does not work for us.,,dh allergic to most fish and many have no discovered the Aqua cafe,,,

But the good news is that no one will go hungry on a cruise ship!

But only Concierge gets the lunch so hopefully worth waiting for

We dearly miss B on 5.,. Previously our go to lunch spot most days including boarding day,,.sushi does not work for us.,,dh allergic to most fish and many have no discovered the Aqua cafe,,,

But the good news is that no one will go hungry on a cruise ship!

I miss B on 5 too....I wouldn't eat fish if I were starving and we used to have b'fast and lunch at the Aqua Cafe every day....that's were I learned how to make muesli...yes, they were kind enough to tell me how...I really appreciated the concierge lunch because we had to leave early in the morning for our NJ sailing and were hungry by the time we got on board. Menu wasn't like MDR lunch but they did have a nice soup and salad combo and it was waaaaay better than walking around with a plate full of food looking for a table to sit at. IMHO people select their cabin level based on their personal preferences and being a business, cruise lines will offer whatever they need to sell all the cabins.

In October we got our invitation with our boarding documents.

Maybe the check in person forgot, but we got nothing on our cruise in January. I had actually read about it on the boards, but didn't pursue it because we were among the first onboard so just went to the buffet. Will definitely look into it in April on the Silhouette.

Is this perk something that you need to know about ahead of time? Recently on the Eclipse in Concierge and no one mentioned anything about a luncheon.

On Eclipse in December we were told by the check-in person and received a slip in the key card packet. Perhaps you were in a line other than the concierge check in line? Anyway, it was nice not to have to drag our carry-ons around OVC or Aqua spa and jockey for a place to sit. We'll miss that on our next since we're doing Aqua.

Edited by Luvcrusn

On Eclipse in December we were told by the check-in person and received a slip in the key card packet. Perhaps you were in a line other than the concierge check in line? Anyway, it was nice not to have to drag our carry-ons around OVC or Aqua spa and jockey for a place to sit. We'll miss that on our next since we're doing Aqua.

You could be right. We are also Elite so maybe we were in that line and the person just didn't put the slip of paper in. I was sure that I had read about it on CC, but no mention of it at the port. Next time I'll be sure to ask if it doesn't get mentioned.

You could be right. We are also Elite so maybe we were in that line and the person just didn't put the slip of paper in. I was sure that I had read about it on CC, but no mention of it at the port. Next time I'll be sure to ask if it doesn't get mentioned.

If not, just go to the MDR (deck 3 starboard side on Eclipse) and show your sea pass card. It's between 11:30 and 1:00. Nice to sit and be waited on, and by the time we were done our cabins were ready.

• 1 month later...
I have seen several threads that mention a special MDR lunch for CC passengers on boarding day. Does anyone know if this is fleet wide, a pilot or at the discretion of the ship's crew. It sounds like a nice perk. We are on the Milly May 12 to Alaska and would like to find out if this is going to take place. Thanks.

Once you check in at the pier you are given a little card the cordially invites you the a seated lunch in the main dining room from 11am to 1 pm if you are Concierge Class. It is quite nice and relaxing as the masses rush in and head to pool decks and buffet.....It is quiet , quick service with 3 or 4 entree choices , appetizer, salad. and a desert. By the time you are done lunch your cabins are open just after 1pm. We like booking concierge class because of the level of service we receive. Priority boarding and disembarkation etc....

We loved the ambience, and since we both love lamb, we were happy! It was lovely to put our carry-ons in a designated spot, sit down and be served a nice lunch without fighting for a spot in the OVC. By the time lunch was over, our rooms were ready. We took our carry-ons and left relaxed! There is no rule that you have to go to the concierge luncheon, but we are aqua on our next cruise and I for one will miss this perk.

• 6 months later...