Norwegian left a mom behind with her kids on board

Sigyn

I think the person you quoted has a very rational and realistic view of this particular situation and refuses to buy into all the bashing

I think they are a radical feminist and now all this is doing is hijacking the thread.

Fwiw...my family was spilt up on the ridiculous stitch ride because of a true moron...the Disney worker that decided to close the door on me after I said my 9 yo is in there and I don't know if she saw her dad go in or is right behind him...and I don't think my husband knows she went in...

Disney moron answer....sorry too bad. Yes I reported her...she was horrible and nasty

I think that was kind of an anti-woman comment about the Disney worker. Would you have called them a moron if it had been a male?

;)

The lady who was left behind by the cruise ship made a big mistake, as all of us have at some point in our lives, and has paid dearly for it. Now it's time to move on.

Edited by LAnn

The lady who was left behind by the cruise ship made a big mistake, as all of us have at some point in our lives, and has paid dearly for it. Now it's time to move on.

Feel free to move on if you do not want to participate. :)

IMHO I feel bad for the family overall; I am sure her children, husband and the rest of the family were terrified something awful happened to her yet all she was doing was being self-indulgent. How sad.

I also agree she negatively did impact the rest of the cruise, passengers and NCL; very disrespectful. No other scheduled transportation waits for one person; flights, buses, trains etc. No difference here, NCL went over and above in their customer service here, for just one person who was selfish.

Safe cruising all!! :)

I love how she becomes the devil mom.....which is totally wrong and everyone knows that

As a female....Ive never realized the hatred towards women before as I've witnessed in the past year....everywhere...not just on cc...

And I wonder if it had not been the mom but the dad that was late if these negative mom comments would be posted

I'm speechless at the hatred toward the mom and females in general on cc

Playing the hate card now? How convenient. Perhaps you should learn that in the real world, respect and sympathy have to be earned and never a given regardless of your gender.

I love how she becomes the devil mom.....which is totally wrong and everyone knows that

As a female....Ive never realized the hatred towards women before as I've witnessed in the past year....everywhere...not just on cc...

And I wonder if it had not been the mom but the dad that was late if these negative mom comments would be posted

Forums

Guessing you won't be voting for Trump.:D

I can't speak for others but my posts would've been exactly the same if dad was late.

I don't think that hatred is based on gender. It's usually based on actions.

Not to mention the hatred toward children on cruises in general

Again, it isn't the children that are the actual problem. It is usually the inattentive parents (male and female) that receive the most criticism.

the mom was late getting back to the ship....and this doesn't make her a horrible person btw

It makes her irresponsible.

The dad had gone back to the ship earlier.....doesn't make him a horrible person either

He and the kids (supposedly) made it back to the ship on time. Nothing wrong with that.

When it was apparent the mom would be too late to make the ship...and no one knew why at that point....makes us realize that the mom could have been in trouble btw

If she was in trouble/hurt, the entire thread would've been different. Since there is no evidence that she was in trouble/hurt, she is being rightfully criticized.

Ncl and the dad consulted as to the best course of action...which is the proper thing to do

Actually, the proper thing to do is "return to the ship when you are supposed to return to the ship".

Mom caused the problem. Everyone else (captain, dad, uncle, etc.) had to deal with problems that SHE caused.

We won't gloss over her actions because there is no valid reason to do so.

It was decided that since additional family was on board that the dad would leave the kids with them....and if there wasn't family onboard don't you think the dad would have taken the kids off with him? Of course he would have

The dad shouldn't have to make that choice. If mom had simply shown some responsibility, this entire situation never would've happened.

The dad would get the needed docs....

The dad would disembark to find and stay with his wife....

This was done in consultation with ncl btw.....

What happened is exactly what should have happened in cases like this

The "...should have happened..." includes leaving her on the dock. :p

The unfortunate thing is the wife returns minutes too late....and as I always say to my kids....it all comes down to the seconds in life .....

How many minutes?

What time were passengers instructed to return to the ship?

What time was the ship scheduled to depart?

What time did mom actually return?

It was not like the mom was 2 minutes late and was heartlessly abandoned by NCL.

And of course someone has to video and post the scene....because they can and need to be big shots

The only "big shot" was the person who believed that she was so special that +4,000 passengers and the captain would wait for her.

She was wrong, obviously. :rolleyes:

And of course posters have to comment on what a terrible mother she is and that the husband should have left her behind to teach her a lesson. Because we love to female bash apparently these days. Sheesh

I never called her a terrible mother. Most others here did not, either. Words like "irresponsible", "selfish", "tardy", "dramatic", are not bashing. They are accurate.

I think the situation was handled with professionalism and authority...by ncl...the husband...and the family onboard

You failed to give an opinion of how the MOM handled the situation...which she caused, btw.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I think the person you quoted has a very rational and realistic view of this particular situation and refuses to buy into all the bashing

She is the one who brought the hate of females into the whole equation! Never was that mentioned before.

I agree with everything you said, except the part about her returning "minutes too late". She was 40 minutes late. That can't be minimized like you've tried to do. But otherwise, I agree.

Was she? In every daily flyer there is a requirement, highlighted in bold: must be on the ship 30 minutes before sailing. This means, she was 40+30=70 minutes, or ONE HOUR AND TEN MINUTES late, not just 40 minutes.

HOLY CRAP.

That hit home with you, didn't it?

You see, people for the most part are, well predictable.

Stupid behavior, breeds.... C'mon wait for it.. Dramatic pause.................

STUPID PREDICTABLE BEHAVIOR. in the same vain the insurance company's compile data for mortality tables ect...

So, in closing. Yes, to answer your question. That woman is predictably stupid. So she probably has a track record of dumb choices. So I don't think I'm going out on a limb. And yes "I AM FOR REAL"

Are you for real?

You "guarantee" the mom leaves her kids unattended in a car while she shops?

You must know her personally then to state this.

I feel sorry for you if you don't know her personally but feel you can state this anyway

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have to say, in the past several months these message boards have become almost unbearable in their negativity and with so many judgemental people posting. This thread takes the cake. The ridiculous things I am reading make my blood boil. All you holier then thou people need to take a look at your own lives. Believe me, it's doubtful you have never made a huge mistake or been late. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have to say, in the past several months these message boards have become almost unbearable in their negativity and with so many judgemental people posting. This thread takes the cake. The ridiculous things I am reading make my blood boil. All you holier then thou people need to take a look at your own lives. Believe me, it's doubtful you have never made a huge mistake or been late. Ugh.

I think this thread (and the previous one) certainly escalated after someone started making blanket accusations that people who don't feel sympathetic towards this mother are just card carrying women haters.

I certainly haven't seen any evidence of misogyny in any of these posts. People are criticising the lady because she was selfish and irresponsible. NOT because she is a woman.

I also agree she negatively did impact the rest of the cruise, passengers and NCL; very disrespectful. No other scheduled transportation waits for one person; flights, buses, trains etc. No difference here, NCL went over and above in their customer service here, for just one person who was selfish.

Safe cruising all!! :)

I was on this sailing and didn't know anything about this situation until I saw it on the news. It didn't impact me at all!

I feel sorry for the entire family.....mom included.

And might I add, the same poster who is accusing everyone of being Women Haters is the same one who came up with all sorts of far-fetched scenarios as to why the mother was late. I suppose these were proposed because the mother is a woman and it's hard to accept that a woman could be irresponsible?

1) She was in the toilet

2) She was sick

3) She got robbed or mugged

4) She got hit by a car

5) She is a doctor and was assisting in an emergency

6) Those were medical supplies in her shopping bag, not purchases

Because all of these are so much more likely than "she was shopping".

For what it's worth, I think there would have been an equal amount of commentary about the stupidity and irresponsibility if it had been the husband shopping or if the husband had been drinking at Sharkee's and lost track of time.

If true, that is absurd. What's to stop everyone from "missing" the ship at the last port and getting a free night in a hotel and a free flight home? :confused:

Nobody said NCL paid. They helped them find lodging and transportation.

I feel really bad for the kids. They'll probably never trust the mom again. And, depending on how attached they are to mom and the relationship with the uncle, the abandonment could have traumatized them.

Nobody said NCL paid. They helped them find lodging and transportation.

Someone DID claim that it was reported that NCL paid...(the quote is below)

The video was just on the NBC 12 noon news here in NYC! It was both parents that missed the ship. They said NCL gave the couple lodging and transportation.

...I questioned and others corrected the post by "coopieclan". (see posts by "rvsullivan", "LrgPizza", and "mjkacmom").