Norwegian left a mom behind with her kids on board

Sigyn

I was on the Breakaway April 10-17- my cabin was facing the pier when late and very late IN THIpassengers were running to make the ship - every attempt to get these passengers to the ship was made - buses running back and forth , the little carts were driven back and forth - we left late - calls were made over and over The P-A system - On another cruise people were late and there was there luggage( all packed up with there things) taken out of there cabins left at the dock - their family was told to do this - and set sale - I can still see the luggage sitting there -

YOU MUST GIVE YOURSELF TIME PLEASE DO SO - if an emergancy please please contact someone - I always ask what to do just in case - how and who can I contact -

Relative had the kids - safe -ship personnel knew this-parents were taken care of by NCL -

Set sail -

AGREE 100%...no sympathy from me either....

I somehow doubt the mom is looking for sympathy from strangers on a message board. Especially from this holier than thou crowd.

Edited by allie3490

She's lucky the ship allowed her husband to disembark with their passports and travel docs while a relative took care of her kids. She wasn't thinking about her kids when she was shopping far later then she should have been.

Norwegian didn't leave a mom behind - the mom left her kids on the ship without her.

Totally agree! What an irresponsible person she is. First, she went without her kid, then she miss the ship sailing time by more than 30 minutes. Norwegian is too kind to offer board and transportation. They should charge her every penny she cost them.

Totally agree! What an irresponsible person she is. First, she went without her kid, then she miss the ship sailing time by more than 30 minutes. Norwegian is too kind to offer board and transportation. They should charge her every penny she cost them.

Generally, the cruise line will help with arrangements (board and transportation) but the cruise line won't help to pay for either.

Has it been confirmed that NCL paid for anything?

The video was just on the NBC 12 noon news here in NYC! It was both parents that missed the ship. They said NCL gave the couple lodging and transportation.

If true, that is absurd. What's to stop everyone from "missing" the ship at the last port and getting a free night in a hotel and a free flight home? :confused:

The video was just on the NBC 12 noon news here in NYC! It was both parents that missed the ship. They said NCL gave the couple lodging and transportation.

If you read the other thread, the father was on the ship with the kids. Together with NCL he made the decision to get off and wait for his wife. The kids were left with family members who were also cruising.

If it was the same piece I saw on NBC this morning, it said that NCL assisted in lodging and transportation, not paid for it.

No it did not. NCL said they assisted with lodging and transportation. Nowhere does it say they gave it to them. I hope they didn't.

Edited by LrgPizza

No it did not. NCL said they assisted with lodging and transportation. Nowhere does it say they gave it to them. I hope they didn't.

The noon NYC news on both ABC and CBS said that NCL assisted them in their arranging of accommodations and travel. Nowhere did they say that NCL paid for it.

Cruise staff located the woman's husband and her children on board the ship but were unable to reach her and did not know when she was returning, according to Norwegian. After the ship waited an extra 30 minutes for her, her husband agreed to disembark with their travel documents to wait for his wife while the children stayed on board with their uncle and his family for the remainder of the trip.

Norwegian offered travel and lodging assistance to the couple, they said, and made arrangements to reunite them with their family at the ship's next port.