All Ships will indeed have VOOM on May 1, according to Michael Bayley

We are diamond and have a cruise on the allure in two weeks. I noticed they have a 30% discount posted if you buy internet before you go. We get some type of discount onboard being diamond but is it cheaper to get it before we leave with the 30% off than wait? (Sorry I am asking this in the middle of a thread discussing when all ships will have voom but I rarely post and don't know how to start a new thread) We want the two device voom and stream package if that helps answer my question.... Thanks!!

Just boarded Enchantment and it appears that VOOM is operational.

Definitely not Zoom but speed is significantly improved over any previous ship WiFi. Pages load instantly on my Smartphone and just a little slower on my tablet. We are 2 hours from Nassau with no loss of signal and have had max bars on tablet and phone for the whole trip thus far. For John, I only have WiFi enabled no cell on my devices. They have obviously improved the internal ship system.

Will see if any changes occur to this or C and A benefits the 1st. Alan has no knowledge of any changes.

We are diamond and have a cruise on the allure in two weeks. I noticed they have a 30% discount posted if you buy internet before you go. We get some type of discount onboard being diamond but is it cheaper to get it before we leave with the 30% off than wait? (Sorry I am asking this in the middle of a thread discussing when all ships will have voom but I rarely post and don't know how to start a new thread) We want the two device voom and stream package if that helps answer my question.... Thanks!!

What price are you being offered for the 2-device package now?

We will be on Navigator in a few hours - and will let you know tomorrow if Voom is alive or will it still be a Voom soon...:D

Enjoy and bring back as we board next sun!

Will be interested as I purchased for ne device for our TA

We are diamond and have a cruise on the allure in two weeks. I noticed they have a 30% discount posted if you buy internet before you go. We get some type of discount onboard being diamond but is it cheaper to get it before we leave with the 30% off than wait? (Sorry I am asking this in the middle of a thread discussing when all ships will have voom but I rarely post and don't know how to start a new thread) We want the two device voom and stream package if that helps answer my question.... Thanks!![/Q

From what I am reading diamond better to buy before diamond + after. Can let you know in a week. I bought it for one device as grandson having surgery a couple of days before we leave and want to be in touch

1. having something in the cruise planner is not the same as a mass market campaign

2. the big comms contracts I have signed in the past have a start date which follows extensive testing.

3. yes but testing under load and in situ (at sea!) is the important last step

1. I sure hope RCI doesn't have a mass market campaign promoting Voom when not available on every ship

2. RCI probably signed the contract with O3B at least 2 years ago to cover the whole fleet

3. Right, and that took about 2 weeks on Freedom with the install vendor probably on board - no reports of any of that happening on any other ship

Again, RCI and the CEO could make some huge pronouncement tomorrow that Voom is available fleet wide, but unless there's a definition of what means it will be meaninglessness. And I bet at least one drink that other than the 6 ships that we know for sure have it, there's no magic switch to be turned on to have the same thing on the other ships tomorrow.

Currently on Jewel TA

Day 3....900 miles from Port Everglades. Wifi works well for internet and email. Checked out some You Tube videos, posted pictures and watched a program on Time Warner TV. Did test from deck 10 cabin and posting this from outside.....on the balcony.

34da2f0c3721809ab0109f4c2be6fcaa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Currently on Jewel TA

Day 3....900 miles from Port Everglades. Wifi works well for internet and email. Checked out some You Tube videos, posted pictures and watched a program on Time Warner TV. Did test from deck 10 cabin and posting this from outside.....on the balcony.

That looks VOOM like to me. I really wish I could see the ping delay, as that would confirm low earth orbit vs geosync satellites.

We are diamond and have a cruise on the allure in two weeks. I noticed they have a 30% discount posted if you buy internet before you go. We get some type of discount onboard being diamond but is it cheaper to get it before we leave with the 30% off than wait? (Sorry I am asking this in the middle of a thread discussing when all ships will have voom but I rarely post and don't know how to start a new thread) We want the two device voom and stream package if that helps answer my question.... Thanks!![/Q

From what I am reading diamond better to buy before diamond + after. Can let you know in a week. I bought it for one device as grandson having surgery a couple of days before we leave and want to be in touch

I'm D+ and went ahead an bought my Voom Surf one device package for my cruise next week for $63.63 if I can get a better deal with my D+ discount once onboard I'll just cancel and repurchase...Didn't want to take the chance.

Currently on Jewel TA

Thanks for doing this!

Not sure that is O3b VOOM, I thought those ping times were less than 200ms.

CD told those at M&M that it was VOOM. Whatever it is I'm happy with the speed. Sitting on the balcony and being able to be online is a something we've only had on the big ships.

Currently on Jewel TA

34da2f0c3721809ab0109f4c2be6fcaa.jpg

Do you have the surfing or streaming VOOM?

CD told those at M&M that it was VOOM. Whatever it is I'm happy with the speed. Sitting on the balcony and being able to be online is a something we've only had on the big ships.

Well, the download speed says VOOM to me. Thanks for the info.:)

I agree - though nowhere near the 25MBs some have posted and that latency is a bit high -maybe that's the throttled SURF package?

You took the words right out of my keyboard.:)