All Ships will indeed have VOOM on May 1, according to Michael Bayley

I just got off the phone with C&A and the agent said yes it will be on all the ships may1st and they have been changing hdw and antennas on turn around days

But I will find out on Sunday if it is true since I just spent $118 for the Voom 1 device pkg for our TA

Edited by jonbgd

I just got off the phone with C&A and the agent said yes it will be on all the ships may1st and they have been changing hdw and antennas on turn around days

Other than Freedom, there's been no reports of work like that on turn around day on any other ship. And being TA season, lots of ships are crossing the pond which makes installation that much more difficult.

Seems to me Voom is just a marketing term with no promise of any specific technology or speed behind it.

Edited by Biker19

Other than Freedom, there's been no reports of work like that on turn around day on any other ship. And being TA season, lots of ships are crossing the pond which makes installation that much more difficult.

Seems to me Voom is just a marketing term with no promise of any specific technology or speed behind it.

You are probably right

I don't remember any other ships being worked on in port being mentioned here

I did get this info from C&A rep in Oregon

SO we know how reliable the info can be

Someone on our roll call, that is currently on the INDY, says no Voom yet

I wonder if they will flick a switch, on sunday and miraculously its 3 times as fast:rolleyes:

I will report first hand 1pmish EST on sunday

I enjoyed voom on Allure so Im thinking I will be able to tell if it is not

Edited by jonbgd

You are probably right

I wonder if they will flick a switch, on sunday and miraculously its 3 times as fast:rolleyes:

At first I wondered why they would wait before enabling it /flicking the switch if some ships had it there waiting but thinking about it there are three advantages to flicking the switch on a specific day:

1. the marketing opportunity of having EVERY ship in the fleet with the FASTEST announced to the mass market

2. they may have a contract with the provider which starts on May 1.

3. solid testing (perhaps by the crews?) so that no one ship jumps the gun (freedom being the pilot).

1. the marketing opportunity of having EVERY ship in the fleet with the FASTEST announced to the mass market

3. solid testing (perhaps by the crews?) so that no one ship jumps the gun (freedom being the pilot).

1. That was lost when a lot of people started having Voom available in their cruise planner

2. Seriously doubt that one

3. Most of the work is likely done by an outside vendor one ship at a time and when they are finished the system is ready to go

1. That was lost when a lot of people started having Voom available in their cruise planner

2. Seriously doubt that one

3. Most of the work is likely done by an outside vendor one ship at a time and when they are finished the system is ready to go

1. having something in the cruise planner is not the same as a mass market campaign

2. the big comms contracts I have signed in the past have a start date which follows extensive testing.

3. yes but testing under load and in situ (at sea!) is the important last step

Edited by lucymorgan

At first I wondered why they would wait before enabling it /flicking the switch if some ships had it there waiting but thinking about it there are three advantages to flicking the switch on a specific day:

Is that the same light switch that kicks the D+ out of the CL and the D out of the DL? Supposedly the wifi and the lounge changes are all happening on the same day.:p

John, we must need the countdown clock here as someone else mentioned. It is now multipurpose. :)

Edited by A&L_Ont

Where's John? I think it's time for another countdown clock. :)

Is that the same light switch that kicks the D+ out of the CL and the D out of the DL? Supposedly the wifi and the lounge changes are all happening on the same day.:p

John, we must need the countdown clock here as someone else mentioned. It is now multipurpose. :)

17 hours to go :rolleyes:

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=VOOM Internet&date=5-1-2016&text= All Ships will indeed have VOOM on May 1, according to Michael Bayley&ship=Royal Caribbean