Time to the port on Grandeur

We are cruising on the Grandeur in June. We have done the online check in already. Is there a set time for us to arrive? We have sailed on DCL before and they gave us a set time to get to the port terminal. Also, we are 50 something days away and I don't see where I can print out luggage tags. Is that something we need to do closer to the time of the sailing? Thanks.

We are cruising on the Grandeur in June. We have done the online check in already. Is there a set time for us to arrive? We have sailed on DCL before and they gave us a set time to get to the port terminal. Also, we are 50 something days away and I don't see where I can print out luggage tags. Is that something we need to do closer to the time of the sailing? Thanks.

Your SetSail (boarding) pass should have the range of check-in times printed in the upper left. You would probably be OK arriving around 11am.

Your luggage tags are normally available for download around 49 days before the cruise.

they usually open the gates to let the next group in to park/unload about 9/930. I have boarded as early as 1030 in Baltimore. typical is about 11/1130.

are your documents ready? if so the luggage tags are at the end of the document. .

GR is small enough that they do not need to do staggered boarding.

Port is very easy to get through. Exit #55 from I-95. If you're coming from the north, make sure in the far right lane going through the Ft. McHenry Tunnel. Also, slow down on the exit, a lot of speeding tickets given out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've arrived anywhere from 10-noon and there's never really a long line to dropoff or park. Security line can be long, but we've never waited more than about 30 minutes in it. Security is the first thing you do when you get into the terminal and then you checkin. Easiest port to get to. On workdays, we tend to wait and leave our house at about 9:45 to avoid heavy traffic, but on a holiday or weekend we can be there in 1 hour so we leave by 9. Arrive as early as you want.

Edited by BND

Port is very easy to get through. Exit #55 from I-95. If you're coming from the north, make sure in the far right lane going through the Ft. McHenry Tunnel. Also, slow down on the exit, a lot of speeding tickets given out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are you speaking from experience? ;)

Plan to pay cash for the parking if you arrive after 10:00. We spent an hour in the credit card lane to pay for parking. The cash line had a maximum of three cars in it while we were waiting.

Also (hopefully a one-time glitch), although DH and I had suite passes and a letter from Royal giving priority boarding to the two disabled women we were sailing with (who were in a non-suite cabin), the sorting agent at the port insisted that we get in the regular check-in line. While our companions and I waited in that line, DH found another agent and showed the letter and suite pass, and they pulled us out and put us in the priority line. I mentioned that in the end-of-cruise survey, so hopefully the agents are better educated.

Enjoy!